Mary Angela Kelly
4 November 1957
|Occupation||Fashion designer, dressmaker, milliner|
|Title||Personal Assistant and Senior Dresser to Queen Elizabeth II|
Mary Angela Kelly, LVO (born 4 November 1957, Liverpool) is a British fashion designer, dressmaker, and milliner, who has served as Personal Assistant and Senior Dresser to Queen Elizabeth II since 2002.
She is responsible for the Queen's clothes, jewellery, and insignia. She researches the venues for royal visits as well as the significance of different colours, in order to create appropriate outfits for the monarch.
Notable creations by Kelly include:
- The replica of the royal christening gown. The original, which had been commissioned by Queen Victoria for the christening of her first child, Victoria, Princess Royal, was retired in 2004 by Elizabeth II for conservation purposes. Kelly's replica has been worn by royal babies for their christenings since 2008.
- The Queen's outfit for the wedding of Prince William, Duke of Cambridge, and Catherine Middleton; a primrose-yellow double crepe wool coat and matching wool dress, with hand-sewn beading at the neck in the shape of sunrays.
- Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie's outfits for the wedding of Zara Phillips.
Kelly founded a fashion label, Kelly & Pordum, with Alison Pordum, who was also employed as the Queen's in-house dressmaker until 2008. Kelly is also the author of Dressing the Queen: The Jubilee Wardrobe.
- Royal Collection - Queen & Commonwealth
- Royal Wedding: Queen's confidant Angela Kelly to dress her majesty for the royal wedding - hellomagazine.com
- "Her Majesty's A team". Daily Telegraph.
- Holt, Bethan; Ranscombe, Stan (6 July 2019). "The story behind the royal christening robe that Archie Mountbatten Windsor wore for his baptism". The Telegraph. Retrieved 4 August 2019.
- Taylor, Elise (20 February 2018). "Who Is Angela Kelly, the Queen's Right-Hand Woman at London Fashion Week?". Vogue. Retrieved 4 August 2019.
- Liverpool-born designer Angela Kelly designed the Queen's Royal Wedding outfit - In The Mix Today - News - Liverpool Echo
- Zara Phillips wedding guests: fashion verdicts - mirror.co.uk
- Newbold, Alice (9 February 2016). "How Angela Kelly created the Queen's latest elegant look". The Telegraph. Retrieved 4 August 2019.
- "No. 58014". The London Gazette (Supplement). 17 June 2006. p. 3.
- 2012 Jubilee Honours List - Royal.gov website Archived September 14, 2012, at the Wayback Machine
- New Royal Collection Trust publication Dressing The Queen: The Jubilee Wardrobe