The daughter of a Liverpool dock worker, Ms Kelly is responsible for the Queen's clothes, jewellery and insignia. She researches the venues for royal visits as well as the significance of different colours, in order to create appropriate outfits for the monarch.
Notable creations by Kelly include:
- the Queen's outfit for the wedding of Prince William, Duke of Cambridge, a primrose-yellow double crepe wool coat and matching wool dress, with hand-sewn beading at the neck in the shape of sunrays;
- Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie's outfits for the wedding of Zara Phillips.
- Royal Collection - Queen & Commonwealth
- Royal Wedding: Queen's confidant Angela Kelly to dress her majesty for the royal wedding - hellomagazine.com
- "Her Majesty's A team". Daily Telegraph.
- Liverpool-born designer Angela Kelly designed the Queen's Royal Wedding outfit - In The Mix Today - News - Liverpool Echo
- Zara Phillips wedding guests: fashion verdicts - mirror.co.uk
- "No. 58014". The London Gazette (Supplement). 17 June 2006. p. 3.
- 2012 Jubilee Honours List - Royal.gov website Archived September 14, 2012, at the Wayback Machine
- New Royal Collection Trust publication Dressing The Queen: The Jubilee Wardrobe