|Born||January 14, 1979|
Midwest City, Oklahoma, U.S.
(m. 2002; div. 2006)
|Relatives||Audrey Lindvall (sister)|
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|Hair color||Dark blonde|
Angela Lindvall (born January 14, 1979) is an American model and actress. She was first discovered by an IMG scout when she was 14 years old, and was immediately signed with IMG New York. She took a brief break from modeling but returned when she was 17. From the late 1990s to the early 2000s, she was featured on numerous magazine covers including Vogue, Elle, Harper's Bazaar, Marie Claire, Numéro, and W. She has been the face of major brands including Chanel, Calvin Klein, Dior, Versace, and Louis Vuitton.
As an actress, she has appeared in several films, including a starring role in CQ (2001), and minor roles in Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (2005) and Small Apartments (2010). She was also the host for season 1 of the fashion reality television Project Runway All Stars, a spin-off of the series Project Runway.
Lindvall was born in Midwest City, Oklahoma, to Randall Lindvall, a pharmacist, and Laura Rasdall, a medical technologist and massage therapist. She was raised in Lee's Summit, Missouri, and attended Lee's Summit High School. While doing a local Kansas City fashion show, at age 14, a talent scout spotted her and she signed with IMG.
Lindvall has appeared on the covers of many notable magazines, such as ELLE, Harper's Bazaar, Marie Claire, Numero, Vogue, I-D and W. She walked in the Victoria's Secret fashion shows in 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, and appeared in Victoria's Secret Holiday Commercial in 2004. and has also appeared in the Fendi, Calvin Klein, Christian Dior, Tommy Hilfiger, Jil Sander, Chanel, Versace, Prada, Gap, Jimmy Choo, Iceberg, DKNY, Chloe, Hermes, Valentino, Louis Vuitton, and H&M campaigns. Off the runway, Lindvall has appeared in commercials for H&M, The Gap, and Victoria's Secret. She was the face of the Spanish "high-street" store Zara, and was featured in their spring/summer 2007 campaign. Lindvall has also appeared in the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue. In 1999, she was named Model of the Year by Vogue.
In 2010, she left IMG and signed on with modeling agency Women Management. Following this, she also renewed her contract with Jimmy Choo and signed a contract to become the face of John Hardy, appearing in all of the company's advertising campaigns between Fall 2010 and Fall 2011. Lindvall partnered with Bedarida again in early 2011 to create the Hijau Dua collection. A continuation of the Hijau collection, a portion of the proceeds from the sale of Hijau Dua pieces were donated to the planting of bamboo seedlings in Bali.
Film and television
As an actress, Lindvall starred in the 2001 comedy-drama film CQ opposite Jeremy Davies. She has also had minor roles in the films Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (2005), and Small Apartments (2010). She can also be seen in the DKNY promotional films New York Stories (2003) and DKNY Road Stories (2004). In 2011, Lindvall appeared in the TV series Hawaii Five-0. The following year, she hosted season 1 of the fashion reality television Project Runway All Stars, a spin-off of the series Project Runway.
Lindvall is an ardent environmentalist and is the founder and president of the Collage Foundation, an organization promoting sustainability and environmentally conscious choices among young people. She was named "Best Dressed Environmentalist" in 2004 and 2005 by the Sustainable Style Foundation.
Combining her experience in the fashion industry and her passion for the environment, in 2009 she teamed up with Edun Live and Yoox.com to design a line of eco-friendly clothing where all proceeds would be donated to Green Cross International.
In 2007, during a scouting trip for Alter Eco in Bali, she visited the John Hardy compound and was inspired by the company's value of environmental sustainability. Through a collaboration with John Hardy's head designer and creative director, Guy Bedarida, she helped to design the Hijau collection. Of the collaboration, Bedarida comments "She is a mother, she works. She is very real." All net proceeds from the sale of the Hijau Charity bracelet were donated to Forest Ethics.
In October 2011, Lindvall started her own line with John Hardy called Angela by John Hardy. Sold on QVC, the collection is inspired by Lindvall's travels and interest in ancient cultures. The following year, Lindvall partnered with Article22 on a jewelry collection that promoted peace and well-being. The capsule collection called "I Am Love, I Am Light, I Am Peace", combined 14-karat gold and silver with melted shrapnel. With the pieces being geometric, Lindvall said of the collection, "it represents the symbiotic relationship between man and nature and the universe".
In 2001, Lindvall met South African diver William Edwards while vacationing in the British Virgin Islands. A year later, the couple married, and then divorced in 2006. That same year, Lindvall's younger sister, model Audrey Lindvall, was killed by a fuel tanker while riding her bicycle in Lee's Summit, Missouri.
|2001||CQ||Dragonfly / Valentine|||
|2003||New York Stories||Angela||Short film|||
|2004||DKNY Road Stories||Angela||Short film|||
|2005||Kiss Kiss Bang Bang||Flicka|||
|2009||Life Blood||God / Waitress|||
|2010||Somewhere||Blonde in Mercedes|||
|2011||Hawaii Five-0||Jordan||TV series (Episode: "Ho'ohuli Na'au")|||
|2012||Small Apartments||Flight Attendant / Lisa|||
|2012||A Glimpse Inside the Mind of Charles Swan III||Veiled Woman|||
|2013||Our Wild Hearts||Katie||Television film|||
|2016||M.I.L.F. $||Angela Lindvall||Music video|||
- "Angela Lindvall – Model".
- McKinnon, Kelsey; Lindvall, Angela (June 25, 2019). "Angela Lindvall Talks Transformative Wellness". C Magazine. Retrieved February 10, 2022.
- Templeton, Lily (July 5, 2018). "Angela Lindvall Immortalized at Grévin Wax Museum in Paris". Yahoo!. Retrieved February 10, 2022.
- "magxone.com – Resources and Information". www.magxone.com.
- "Victoria's Secret melekleri çok konuşuldu". National Turk. May 25, 2010.
- "Angela Lindvall Heats up H&M". Style Crave. August 13, 2009. Archived from the original on February 11, 2010.
- "Angela Lindvall – Fashion Model – Profile on New York Magazine". nymag.com.
- "Angela Lindvall for Zara / Fashion ads". Archived from the original on July 10, 2011. Retrieved June 14, 2010.
- "SI.com - Sports Illustrated - 2004 Swimsuit Edition - Models - Angela Lindvall". Archived from the original on March 17, 2010. Retrieved June 14, 2010.
- "Supermodels.nl". www.supermodels.nl.
- "Angela Lindvall's Career Highlights". New York fashion. Retrieved May 20, 2010.
- "Angela Lindvall's Photo Diary from Bali". Style.com. June 30, 2010. Archived from the original on July 5, 2010.
- Gleiberman, Owen (March 17, 2020). "CQ". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved February 10, 2022.
- "Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved February 10, 2022.
- Buchanan, Kyle (March 9, 2012). "See the Exclusive Poster for the Crazy SXSW Comedy Small Apartments". Vulture.com. Retrieved February 10, 2022.
- Nordyke, Kimberly (October 23, 2012). "'Project Runway: All Stars': New Host Carolyn Murphy Spills Secrets on Season 2". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved February 10, 2022.
- "MNN – Mother Nature Network". MNN – Mother Nature Network.
- "Press Release: 2005 Best Dressed Environmental List".
- "Angela Lindvall on Eco-Friendly Living". Archived from the original on June 13, 2010. Retrieved June 14, 2010.
- "Runaway Success". The Australian. May 19, 2010.
- "Edun Live". Archived from the original on March 11, 2010. Retrieved June 14, 2010.
- "Angela Lindvall Travels to Bali". Elle. April 21, 2010. Archived from the original on February 18, 2011.
- "Sustainable Jewelry". Sustainable and Fair Trade Jewelry Blog. July 2, 2009. Archived from the original on April 17, 2010.
- "Hijau By Angela". Women Management. May 6, 2010.
- "John Hardy's Eco Paradise". Elle. April 21, 2010. Archived from the original on April 28, 2010.
- Slowey, Anne (May 2010). "Elle Fashion Insider Bali High". Elle (297): 102.
- Borrelli-Persson, Laird (November 9, 2017). "Angela Lindvall Partners With Article22 on a Jewelry Collection That Promotes Peace and Well-Being". Vogue. Retrieved February 10, 2022.
- Yuan, Jada (February 10, 2012). "Karolina Kurkova, Angela Lindvall, and Coco Rocha on Their Future As Models -- New York Magazine - Nymag". New York Magazine. Retrieved February 10, 2022.
- "Model Tragedy: Audrey Lindvall dead at 23". Fashion Week Daily. August 4, 2006. Archived from the original on September 26, 2007.
- "Audrey Lindvall killed in bicycle wreck". Models Blog. August 4, 2006.
- Milligan, Lauren (March 24, 2014). "Model Sued For Engagement Ring". British Vogue. Retrieved February 10, 2022.
- Chawla, Nimerta (March 21, 2012). "Vikram Chatwal flaunts lingerie model Angela Lindvall in Mumbai". India Today. Retrieved February 10, 2022.
- Ryon, Ruth (August 20, 2006). "Now found in West Hollywood". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved February 10, 2022.
- Ferla, Ruth La (June 24, 2003). "Front Row". The New York Times. Retrieved February 10, 2022.
- "Rotten Tomatoes: Angela Lindvall". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved February 10, 2022.
- Newbold, Alice (June 17, 2014). "Sofia Coppola casts Andrej Pejic in The Little Mermaid - Telegraph". Telegraph. Retrieved February 10, 2022.
- "HAWAII FIVE-0 > SEASON 1 > EPISODE 22". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved February 10, 2022.
- Pride, Ray (February 13, 2013). "Review: A Glimpse Inside the Mind of Charles Swan III | Newcity Film". NewCityFilm.com. Retrieved February 10, 2022.
- Okwodu, Janelle (July 2, 2016). "Model "MILFs"! Fergie's New Video Brings Out Fashion's Bad Mama Jamas". Vogue. Retrieved February 10, 2022.