Lindvall in Bali, Indonesia, 2010
January 14, 1979 |
Midwest City, Oklahoma, U.S.
|Relatives||Audrey Lindvall (sister)|
|Height||180 cm (5 ft 11 in)|
|Hair color||Dark blonde|
Angela Lindvall (born January 14, 1979) is an American model and actress. She has appeared in several films, including Kiss Kiss Bang Bang in 2005 and Small Apartments in 2010. She was the host of the fashion reality series Project Runway: All Stars, an extension of the popular series Project Runway.
Lindvall was born in Midwest City, Oklahoma to Randall Lindvall, a pharmacist, and Laura Rasdall, a medical technologist and massage therapist. She was raised in Lee's Summit, Missouri and attended Lee's Summit High School. She grew 3 inches from the ages of 13 to 14, and her friends suggested that she try modeling, although it was her sister, Michelle, who wanted to be a model. While doing a local Kansas City fashion show, at age 14, a talent scout spotted her and she signed with IMG.
Lindvall has appeared on the covers of many notable magazines, such as ELLE, Harper's Bazaar, Marie Claire, Numero, Vogue, I-D and W. She walked in the Victoria's Secret fashion shows in 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, and appeared in Victoria's Secret Holiday Commercial in 2004.  and has also appeared in the Fendi, Calvin Klein, Christian Dior, Tommy Hilfiger, Jil Sander, Chanel, Versace, Prada, Gap, Jimmy Choo, Iceberg, DKNY, Chloe, Hermes, Valentino, Louis Vuitton, and H&M campaigns. Off the runway, Lindvall has appeared in commercials for H&M, The Gap, and Victoria's Secret. She was the face of the Spanish "high-street" store Zara, and was featured in their spring/summer 2007 campaign. Lindvall has also appeared in the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue.
In 2010, she left IMG and signed on with modeling agency Women Management. Following this, she also renewed her contract with Jimmy Choo and signed a contract to become the face of John Hardy, appearing in all of the company's advertising campaigns between Fall 2010 and Fall 2011. Lindvall partnered with Bedarida again in early 2011 to create the Hijau Dua collection. A continuation of the Hijau collection, a portion of the proceeds from the sale of Hijau Dua pieces were donated to the planting of bamboo seedlings in Bali.
Film and television
As an actress, Lindvall has appeared in CQ (2001), Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (2005), and Somewhere (2010). She can also be seen in the DKNY promotional films New York Stories (2003) and DKNY Road Stories (2004). In 2011, Lindvall appeared in the TV series Hawaii Five-0. Later, she hosted one season of Project Runway: All Stars on Lifetime Television, an extension of the popular series Project Runway.
Lindvall is an ardent environmentalist and is the founder and president of the Collage Foundation, an organization promoting sustainability and environmentally conscious choices among young people. She was named "Best Dressed Environmentalist" in 2004 and 2005 by the Sustainable Style Foundation.
Combining her experience in the fashion industry and her passion for the environment, in 2009 she teamed up with Edun Live and Yoox.com to design a line of eco-friendly clothing where all proceeds would be donated to Green Cross International.
In 2007, during a scouting trip for Alter Eco in Bali, she visited the John Hardy compound and was inspired by the company's value of environmental sustainability. Through a collaboration with John Hardy's head designer and creative director, Guy Bedarida, she helped to design the Hijau collection. Of the collaboration, Bedarida comments "She is a mother, she works. She is very real." All net proceeds from the sale of the Hijau Charity bracelet were donated to Forest Ethics.
In October 2011, Lindvall started her own line with John Hardy called Angela by John Hardy. Sold on QVC, the collection is inspired by Lindvall's travels and interest in ancient cultures.
In 2001, Lindvall went on vacation to Tortola, in the British Virgin Islands. There she met South African diver, William Edwards. She gave birth in February 2002 to her son William Dakota and married Edwards that year. Edwards and Lindvall had a son together in May 2005, named Sebastian. The couple divorced in June 2006.
Lindvall is the older sister of model Audrey Lindvall. On August 2, 2006, Audrey, an IMG model, who had appeared with Angela in an Ann Taylor magazine advertisement, was killed by a fuel tanker while riding her bicycle in Lee's Summit, Missouri.
- http://www.elle.com/Fashion/Fashion-Spotlight/Fashion-Spotlight-Classic-American-Style/(imageIndex)/1/(play)/false[permanent dead link]
- "Victoria's Secret melekleri çok konuşuldu". National Turk. May 25, 2010.
- "Angela Lindvall Heats up H&M". Style Crave. August 13, 2009.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-03-17. Retrieved 2010-06-14.
- "Angela Lindvall's Career Highlights". New York fashion. Retrieved May 20, 2010.
- "Angela Lindvall's Photo Diary from Bali". Style.com. June 30, 2010.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-06-13. Retrieved 2010-06-14.
- "Runaway Success". The Australian. May 19, 2010.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-03-11. Retrieved 2010-06-14.
- "Angela Lindvall Travels to Bali". Elle. April 21, 2010.
- "Sustainable Jewelry". Sustainable and Fair Trade Jewelry Blog. July 2, 2009.
- "Hijau By Angela". Women Management. May 6, 2010.
- "John Hardy's Eco Paradise". Elle. April 21, 2010.
- Slowey, Anne (May 2010). "Elle Fashion Insider Bali High". Elle (297): 102.
- "Model Tragedy: Audrey Lindvall dead at 23". Fashion Week Daily. August 4, 2006.
- "Audrey Lindvall killed in bicycle wreck". Models Blog. August 4, 2006.