This article may be in need of reorganization to comply with Wikipedia's layout guidelines. (January 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Founder and patron of Angela Malik Modern Asian Deli
3 December 1971|
University of Edinburgh (BCom Hons)|
ICAS (Institute of Chartered Accountants Scotland)
Catering College Diploma - Leiths School of Food and Wine
Imperial College Business School
|Cooking style||Exotic/Anglo/Asian cuisine|
A businesswoman who built a deli business and multi-site Asian cookery school, The Angela Malik School of Food and Wine, Malik originally trained at Leiths School of Food and Wine and gained chef experience at London restaurants Bibendum and Vong.
She is programme director of contract caterers, Gather & Gather and is a member of Les Dames d’Escoffier, global network of women leaders and professionals in the fields of food, fine beverage and hospitality.
In 2017 Malik was appointed to the London Food Board in 2017, advising Mayor Sadiq Khan on food issues across the capital and how to develop a better food system for all Londoners, and helping develop a new London Food Strategy.
Malik was a finalist of the search for a British female chef by the TV show The F-Word on Channel 4. She also won the Daily Mail's 'Best exotic cookery course' for 2007/8. She is a regular panellist on BBC Radio 4’s The Kitchen Cabinet and has made guest TV appearances on Channel 4’s Sunday Brunch, ITV's This Morning and Kirstie Allsopp’s Homemade Christmas.
- Sukhadwala, Sejal (8 March 2018). "Meet 5 Indian Women Shaking Up London's Food Scene". The Metro. Retrieved 19 March 2018.
- "About Leiths/Alumni". Retrieved 19 March 2018.
- "My Life In Food: Angela Malik". The Independent. 2 March 2012. Retrieved 19 March 2018.
- "Sheila Dillon is new Honorary Dame of Les Dames d'Escoffier London". Hospitality and Catering News. 5 December 2017. Retrieved 19 March 2018.
- "London Food Board". London Assembly. Retrieved 19 March 2018.
- "Kirstie Allsopp presents: The Handmade Fair". The Handmade Fair. 19 March 2018. Retrieved 19 March 2018.