|Dr. Angela Orebaugh|
|Education||Master of Science, Ph.D.|
|Alma mater||James Madison University George Mason University|
|Known for||Technology and Cyber Security|
Angela Orebaugh is a cyber technology and security author and researcher. She is known for her work on National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) security initiatives.
She is best known as the author of Syngress' Wireshark and Ethereal Network Protocol Analyzer Toolkit and Ethereal Packet Sniffing. She speaks at a variety of cybersecurity conferences and technology events including the SANS Institute and Institute for Applied Network Security.
Dr. Orebaugh is known for her long term involvement in several National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) security initiatives including the authoring of security special publications, the National Vulnerability Database (NVD), Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) project, and electronic voting security standards development.
Dr. Orebaugh has a number of peer-reviewed publications in the areas of intrusion detection and prevention, data mining, attacker profiling, user behavior analysis, behavioral biometrics, cyber psychology, and network forensics.
- Orebaugh, A. et al. Nmap in the Enterprise, Syngress Publishing, ISBN 978-1-59749-241-6, 2008.
- Orebaugh, A. et al. How to Cheat at Configuring Open Source Security Tools , Syngress Publishing, ISBN 978-1-59749-170-9, 2007.
- Orebaugh, A. et al. Wireshark & Ethereal Network Protocol Analyzer Toolkit, Syngress Publishing, ISBN 978-1-59749-073-3, 2006.
- Orebaugh, A., Biles, S., Babbin, J., Snort Cookbook, OReilly Publishing, ISBN 0-596-00791-4, 2005.
- Orebaugh, A., Rash, M., Babbin, J. and Pinkard, B., Intrusion Prevention and Active Response: Deploying Network and Host IPS, Syngress Publishing, ISBN 978-1-932266-47-4, 2005.
- Orebaugh, A., Ethereal Packet Sniffing, Syngress Publishing, Boston, MA., ISBN 1-932266-82-8, 2004.
- "Ethical challenges of the Internet of Things". SC Magazine. 2014-01-29. Retrieved 2015-04-19., (with Ed Covert)
- "Angela Orebaugh Named as Fellow in Booz Allen's Functional Skills Belting Program". Booz Allen Hamilton. 2012-01-19. Retrieved 2015-04-19.
- Securityknox — home page