Angela Roy in 2006
24 June 1957
This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (February 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Angela Roy (born Angela Giesen; 24 June 1957) is a German actress and director.
Life and career
Angela Roy was born into a family of artistes. Her parents were acrobats who with a third partner made up the Iris Roy Trio. Up to the age of eleven she was constantly travelling. She learnt various European languages and she now speaks English, French, Italian and Spanish today.
Roy graduated from high school in Hamburg and then she studied ballet, singing and choreography. She graduated from the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art in London. She also has a degree as a certified translator for English / German. She was a choreographer for Pia Zadora.
Roy worked in London theatres and then at the Bavarian State Theatre, the Münchner Volkstheater and at the Hamburger Kammerspiele. In 1998, she and her partner Erich Hallhuber created the play Play it again Brecht at Munich Cuvilliés Theatre. This was their first joint directorial work. Her television career began with roles in the series Zwei Brüder and Aus heiterem Himmel. In 2004 she won the German Television Awards, Television Movie Kalter Fühling [Cold Spring] by Dominik Graf. From November 2006 to October 2007 she starred in the telenovela Rote Rosen as Petra Jansen.
She has a daughter and lives in her hometown of Hamburg (Rotherbaum district) since 2002. She is a member of the German Film Academy and the German Association of film and television actors.
- 1991: L’Ange déchu
- 1996: Für immer und immer (Regie: Hark Bohm)
- 2000: Rillenfieber (Regie: Patrick Tauss)
- 2004: Die Unsichtbare (Kurzfilm)
- 2004: Maria an Callas
- 2005: Carrick Mor (Kurzfilm)
- Stadttheater Pforzheim
- Festspiele Heppenheim
- Van Brough Theatre, London
- Theater des Westens, Berlin
- Komödie am Kurfürstendamm, Berlin
- Münchner Lach- und Schießgesellschaft
- Münchner Volkstheater
- Bayerisches Staatsschauspiel, München
- Hamburger Kammerspiele
- 1997–2002: Ragout Fin de Siècle – Ein Erich-Kästner-Abend für Erwachsene
- 2000: Wenn ich mich in Deine Stimme hülle – Ein Lotte Lenya / Kurt Weill Abend
- 2001: Ich gehöre nur mir ganz allein – Ein Marlene Dietrich Abend
- 2009: Barfuß im Regen – Theater an der Kö
- 2012: Die Harry Belafonte Story – Theatertournee
- Neben den unter Weblinks genannten: Harte Arbeit für leichte Kost. Interview in: verde (Kundenmagazin der Drogeriemarktkette Budnikowsky, Hrsg: Iwan Budnikowsky GmbH & Co. KG, Hamburg, Juni 2007, S. 6f).