Yee in 2013
|Show||The Breakfast Club (co-host)|
|Time slot||6:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.|
|Previous show(s)||The Morning After|
Early life, education and career
Yee pursued her career in writing at Wesleyan University, majoring in English and graduating in 1997. She pursued employment in marketing and music after completing her studies. She garnered an internship with Wu-Tang Management to assist the CEO, Divine. She also wrote all the skits on GZA's second studio album Beneath the Surface.
She then worked for Paul Rosenberg and Eminem's clothing company Shady Limited and saw an opportunity at Sirius Satellite Radio's marketing department. She asked Rosenberg if he could get her an interview because he had the connections through Shade 45. Rosenberg then said to her, "Well, you know what, they're looking for a female on the morning show, why don't you try it out and see if it works for you?"
She hosted Lip Service and The Morning After with Angela Yee on Eminem's radio station, Shade 45, at Sirius Satellite Radio. She started her radio career at Sirius in 2005 as the co-host for The Cipha Sounds Effect. When Cipha Sounds left Sirius in July 2008, Yee took over the hosting duties full-time and the show was renamed the Shade 45 Morning Show Starring Angela Yee, and finally the name changed to The Morning After with Angela Yee.
In December 2010, Yee left Shade 45 and began hosting The Breakfast Club on Power 105.1, alongside DJ Envy and Charlamagne tha God. The show is known for being candid and asking tough questions to artists.
Yee worked as a correspondent for MTV2's Sucker Free. She was a featured cast member on the 2013 VH1 reality show The Gossip Game. The show spotlights seven NY women in the radio and blogging industry. The Breakfast Club show debuted on Revolt on March 31, 2014.
Yee managed recording artists GZA, Jay Electronica, and most notably, 360, who propelled her management skills to the spotlight. She helped facilitate Jay Electronica's deal with Jay Z's Roc Nation.
- Baker, Soren (March 26, 2014). "Angela Yee Discusses Declining Hot 97 Job & "The Breakfast Club Show" On REVOLT". Hip Hop DX. Retrieved August 31, 2014.
- "Get To Know Angela Yee". TeamYee.tv. January 10, 2013. Archived from the original on August 26, 2014. Retrieved August 31, 2014. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- NvisionChannel. "Angela Yee Exclusive Interview With WMDSF Magazine "MUST SEE"" – via YouTube.
- "Eminem's Uncut Hip-Hop Channel – Hip-Hop/R&B – Music – Shade 45 – SiriusXM Satellite Radio – SiriusXM 2011". Archived from the original on November 3, 2005. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Lip Service!". VIBE. Archived from the original on July 26, 2011. Retrieved August 19, 2011. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Premiere Networks Launches "Weekends with The Breakfast Club" Nationwide". March 28, 2013. Retrieved August 31, 2013.
- "Weekends with The Breakfast Club". March 26, 2013. Archived from the original on September 14, 2013. Retrieved August 31, 2013. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "The Breakfast Club". Retrieved August 31, 2013.
- 10/5/10 (October 5, 2010). "Sucker Free Exclusive: DJ Drama On His Relationship With The Aphilliates | Video". MTV. Retrieved August 19, 2011.
- Marlowe, Scott (September 23, 2013). "'Mass Appeal' Features Angela Yee". TeamYee.tv. Archived from the original on November 8, 2014. Retrieved August 31, 2014. Cite uses deprecated parameter