Angelica Domröse (born 4 April 1941 in Berlin) is a German actress, who became famous in the role of Paula in Heiner Carow's film "The Legend of Paul and Paula". Her Mediterranean appearance is the result of her biological father being a prisoner of war from France.
After training as a shorthand typist Domröse worked in a state-run foreign trade enterprise in East Germany. In 1958 she was discovered by the director Slatan Dudow and in 1961 attended the film university Potsdam-Babelsberg. In 1966 she joined the Berliner Ensemble, where among other things she performed in Brecht's Dreigroschenoper, Schwejk im zweiten Weltkrieg and Die Tage der Commune, as well as in Helmut Baierl's Frau Flinz. She later worked with the Volksbühne Berlin until 1979, with whom she performed in plays by George Bernard Shaw, William Shakespeare and Peter Hacks. She also worked for the Deutsche Film-Aktiengesellschaft (DEFA) and Deutscher Fernsehfunk. In 1971, 1973 and 1975 she was nominated television actress of the year, and in 1976 she won the National Prize of East Germany.
In 1980 she left the GDR and moved to West Germany.
- Love's Confusion, 1959
- Papas neue Freundin, 1960, TV film
- Vielgeliebtes Sternchen, 1961, TV film
- At A French Fireside (1963)
- Chronik eines Mordes, 1964–65, DEFA film, based on work by Leonhard Frank
- Die Abenteuer des Werner Holt, 1965, DEFA film, based on work by Dieter Noll
- Entlassen auf Bewährung, 1965
- Ein Lord vom Alexanderplatz, 1967
- Wege übers Land, 1968, TV film
- Já, spravedlnost, 1968, ČSSR film
- Effi Briest, 1969–70, based on the novel by Theodor Fontane
- Unterm Birnbaum, based on the novel by Theodor Fontane
- Die Legende von Paul und Paula, 1972–73, directed by Heiner Carow
- Die Brüder Lautensack, 1972–73, TV film based on the work by Lion Feuchtwanger
- Mein lieber Mann und ich, 1975
- Daniel Druskat, 1976, TV film
- Abschied vom Frieden, 1977, TV film
- Bis dass der Tod euch scheidet, 1978, directed by Heiner Carow
- Polizeiruf 110 - Kleine Dealer, grosse Träume, 1996. TV film by Urs Odermatt.
- Funke, C., Kranz, D., 1976: Angelica Domröse. Berlin
- Domröse, Angelika, 2003: Ich fang mich selbst ein : mein Leben. Bergisch Gladbach: Lübbe. ISBN 3-7857-2116-1
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Angelica Domröse.|
- Angelica Domröse at the Internet Movie Database
- Short biography (German)
- DEFA-Sternstunden: Angelica Domröse (German)