12 July 1956 |
|Occupation||Film director, screenwriter|
Angeliki Antoniou (Greek: Αγγελική Αντωνίου, born 12 July 1956) is a Greek film director and screenwriter. She studied architecture in Greece and film direction at the DFFB (German Film and Television Academy in Berlin). She works as scriptwriter and director in Greece and in Germany. In 2006 she taught film direction at the Film School of University in Thessaloniki. She lives between Athens and Berlin. She has directed feature films, short films and documentaries. Her films have been awarded in numerous international film festivals.
Feature film Eduart participated in more than 40 film festivals, including the 29th Moscow International Film Festival, and has received 18 awards in Greece, France, United States and the UK.
As director and screenwriter
- Persephone (1987)
- Gefangene Des Meeres (Prisoners Of The Sea) (1989)
- Donusa (1992)
- Tänze Der Nacht (Dances Of The Night) (1996)
- Verspielte Nächte (Nights, Gambled Away) (1997)
- Heimlicher Tanz (Secret Dance) (1999)
- Allein Unter Männern (Alone Among Men) (2000)
- Messerscharf (Sharp Like A Knife) (2001)
- Eduart (2006)
- Das Glück Sei Unbeweglichkeit (1990)
- "29th Moscow International Film Festival (2007)". MIFF. Archived from the original on 2013-04-21. Retrieved 2013-05-30.
- Eduart received Golden Antigone and a special mention by the Young People's Award (CMCAS) at the 29th Montpellier International Mediterranean Film Festival, France, 2007
- Eduart received 9 State Cinema Awards at the 47th Thessaloniki International Film Festival, Greece, 2006
- Eduart received the FIPRESCI (Federation of International Film Critics) award and the Greek Union of Film Television and Audiovisual Technicians (ETEKT) award at the 47th Thessaloniki International Film Festival, Greece, 2006
- Eduart received the Orpheus Award for Best Feature and Best Direction at the 2nd Los Angeles Greek Film Festival (LAGFF), United States, 2008 Archived March 11, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.