|European Union Ambassador to Lebanon|
January 2011 – August 2015
Angelina Eichhorst is a Dutch civil servant, holding the position of Deputy Managing Director Europe and Central Asia / Director Western Europe, Western Balkans, and Turkey at the European External Action Service.
Eichhorst studied Languages and Cultures of the Middle East at the Catholic University in Nijmegen, and Political Science at the Université Libre in Brussels. She holds special degrees in International Law, Human Rights and the Law of International Organisations.
Between 1989 and 1996, Angelina Eichhorst for the United Nations in New York (Office for Research and Collection of Information, 1989), as well as for several public and private positions in in Cairo, Egypt in 1990-1992 (Netherlands' Flemish Institute; Shell Marketing; Save the Children USA). In 1992-1993 she served as Political Affairs Officer for the United Nations Operations in Somalia, to the return to Cairo as Deputy Director for North South Consultants Exchange.
In 1996 Eichhorst joined the European Commission in Brussels, where she held various advisor positions dealing with the Southern Mediterranean Barcelona Process, human and social development, and international health support. In 2004 she became Head of Development and Regional Cooperation at the EU Delegation to Jordan. In 2008 she moved to Syria to head the EU Delegation's Political and Economic Affairs, Press, Information and Culture section.
From January 2011 to August 2015 Eichhorst served as Head of EU Delegation (EU Ambassador) to Lebanon. Since September 2015 she serves at Director for Western Europe, Western Balkans and Turkey at the European External Action Service in Brussels.
- Ambassadors of the European Union
- Lebanon – European Union relations
- European External Action Service
- , Ambassador Angelina Eichhorst: CURRICULUM VITAE.
- , New E.U. envoy Eichhorst presents credentials to president.
- , La nouvelle ambassadrice / Chef de la Délégation de l’UE.
- CV, EU in Lebanon
- "High Representative Federica Mogherini announces adoption of a modified organisational chart of the EEAS". European External Action Service. European External Action Service. Retrieved 28 June 2016.
- Selection of articles and statements published by Angelina Eichhorst
- Make 2015 the year of state institutions (published on 3 Jan 2015)
- Old and new Europe has not forgotten you (published on 8 September 2014)
- 2013 New Year's Message (published on 5 January 2013)
- Need for a more unified Europe, less divided Lebanon (published on 1 November 2012)
- La journee de l'Europe celebre la paix et la prosperite