Angelina in concert at age 11
Angelina Jordan Astar
10 January 2006 (age 13)
Angelina Jordan Astar (born 10 January 2006), known professionally as Angelina Jordan, is a Norwegian child singer. A child prodigy, she won the 2014 season of Norway's Got Talent at age eight, by singing classic jazz standards, including "Gloomy Sunday" and "Fly Me to the Moon".
Angelina's performances went viral on YouTube, and she was featured in People magazine, Time, and other news outlets around the world. She also realized a personal ambition by performing, in 2014, at that year's Nobel Peace Prize concert.
In September 2014, she performed "Fly Me to the Moon" on the US TV show The View. She has also performed in TV2 programs like Allsång på Skansen (Singing at the Border) and on TV4 in Sweden. She appears in a small guest role in the last episode of the 2014 season of the Netflix series Lilyhammer, playing a girl who sings in a bar.
In December 2016, she performed on "Alan Walker is Heading Home" live concert in Bergen (Norway), where she sang both restrung versions of Sing me to Sleep and Faded.
In 2015, Angelina published the book Mellom to hjerter (Between two hearts) illustrated by her grandmother Mery Zamani. The book tells the story of Angelina's meeting with a poor motherless girl in Asia to whom Angelina gives her shoes. In return the girl promises to always pray for Angelina. According to Angelina, the book is based on a real incident, and she cites it as the reason for always performing barefoot. In 2016, Angelina launched her own YouTube Channel. After Angelina's debut Christmas EP My Christmas released in 2014, she released Angelina Jordan — The EP on November 27, 2017, and the album It's Magic (with Forsvarets Stabsmusikkorps) on June 15, 2018.
Angelina lives in Oslo with her family which includes a younger sister. She has previously lived in other countries, including the USA. Her Norwegian mother Sara Astar (born 1984), is the daughter of Iranian artist Mery Zamani (born 1961), and a Japanese father.
She is a pupil at Oslo Waldorf School and also attends the after-school program Oslo School of Music and Performing Art where she receives vocal training. In addition to singing she plays the piano, violin and flute.
|My Christmas - Single ||2015|
|Angelina Jordan - The EP ||2017|
|It's Magic ||2018||
|"I put a spell on you"||2016||Angelina Jordan - The EP|
|"What a difference a day makes"|
|"Fly me to the moon"||2017|
|"When you're smiling"|
|"What is life" (ft. Forsvarets Stabsmusikkorps)||2018||It's Magic|
- "Angelina Jordan: 8-Year-Old Sings Frank Sinatra's 'Fly Me to the Moon'". People.com.
- Locker, Melissa. "Norways Got Talent Little Girl Sings Gloomy Sunday Like Billie Holiday". Time.com.
- Profile, Mirror.co.uk; accessed 25 July 2015.
- "Angelina vant 'Norske talenter': - Jeg vil hjelpe barn som ikke har det bra" [Angelina won 'Norwegian talents': 'I want to help children who are not doing well']. vg.no (in Norwegian). Retrieved July 25, 2015.
- "Angelina Jordan – Nobel Peace Prize Live performance". NobelWeb.org. Retrieved April 26, 2016.
- "Angelina Jordan sings What A Wonderful World to Nobel Peace Prize Laureates". YouTube.com. December 2014. Retrieved April 26, 2016.
- "Nå har norske Angelina endelig debutert på amerikansk TV" [Now Norwegian Angelina finally debuted on American television] (in Norwegian). TV2. 19 September 2014. Retrieved April 26, 2016.
- Miljeteig, Margrethe (17 December 2012). "Se Angelina Jordan (8) debutere som skuespiller" [See Angelina Jordan (8) debut as an actor] (in Norwegian). TV2.
- "Fly to the Moon with Angelina Jordan". Little Big Shots. republished on YouTube.
- "Alan Walker is Heading Home (LIVE STREAM RECORDING)". Alan Walker on YouTube.
- "Fly Me To the Moon - Angelina Jordan - Quincy Jones 85th Birthday - O2 Arena - London - 27.06.2018".
- "Når man våger å møtes" [When one dares to meet]. vl.no (in Norwegian).
- Høstens sminketrender
- Når man våger å møtes
- Maaland, Borghild (28 March 2014). "Enorm interesse for sangtalentet" [Tremendous interest in singing talent] (in Norwegian). Verdens Gang. Archived from the original on December 9, 2015.
- "My Christmas - Single".
- "Angelina Jordan - The EP".
- "It's Magic".