|• Urban||63.7 km2 (24.6 sq mi)|
|• Density||0/km2 (0/sq mi)|
|• Urban density||16.5/km2 (43/sq mi)|
|statistics from 1961|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
Angelniemi is a former municipality of Finland. It became part of Halikko in 1967. It was located on partly on the continent by the Halikonlahti Bay and partly on Kimito Island and is still nowadays the only part of the island where Finnish is the primary language. Today the population of the area is 398, but it rises during the summer because of the summer cottages.
The center of the municipality was Kokkila, which lies on the continent. There is a cable ferry which connects Kokkila to the Kimito Island. Other isles of Angelniemi are Angelansaari, Kokkilansaari, Pikkusaari and Karhusaari.
Angelniemi congregation was established 1657 as a chapel of Halikko. Angelniemi became independent 1916 and it reached its high in 1957 at 1,217 people. In 1967 Angelniemi was merged back to Halikko.
Ahtmaa, Angela, Asila, Esselpää, Isokylä, Kanamäki, Karviainen, Kokkila, Myllyperä, Paatelmaa, Peksala, Päärnäspää, Pöylä, Sapalahti, Tammenpää, Toppjoki, Torkkila, Tuiskula, Valttila
- "Population density by area 1.1.2016". Statistics Finland. Retrieved 12 February 2017.
- "Ennakkoväkiluku sukupuolen mukaan alueittain, maaliskuu.2016" (in Finnish). Statistics Finland. Retrieved 31 March 2016.
- Statistics of Angelniemi (Finnish)
- "Population according to language and the number of foreigners and land area km2 by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 29 March 2009.
- "List of municipal and parish tax rates in 2011". Tax Administration of Finland. 29 November 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- "Population according to age and gender by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 28 April 2009.
- Angelniemen kyläyhdistys (Finnish)]
|This Western Finland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|