||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (January 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
21 October 1961 |
Ragusa, Sicily, Italy
Angelo Russo (born 21 October 1961) is an Italian actor, known for playing police officer Agatino Catarella in Il commissario Montalbano mystery television series based on the characters and novels created by Andrea Camilleri. Russo is a native of Ragusa, Sicily.
A theatre and television actor, Russo has achieved fame by starring in the Il commissario Montalbano mystery series, interpreting the comic character Agatino Catarella since 1999. He has also starred in Il Capo dei Capi and had a guest appearance in the movie il pesce innamorato directed by Leonardo Pieraccioni.
- L'antenati tua e de pierino (1996) dir. Gianfranco Iudice, with Alvaro Vitali, Giambattista David, Daniela Mango.
- Psst...silenzio (1997) dir. T. Seminara with Giambattista David.
- Il pesce innamorato (1999) dir. L. Pieraccioni.
- Inspector Montalbano (1999 - ongoing) television series, directed by Alberto Sironi.
- E adesso sesso (2001) dir. Carlo Vanzina
- Il Capo dei Capi (2007) dir. Enzo Monteleone, television series.
- L'ultima trincea (2009), television series.
- Eroi per caso (2011) television series, dir. Alberto Sironi.
- Angelo Russo on IMDb
- Biography, on Wordpress. (in Italian)
- "Catarella, vittima di Montalbano (Catarella, Montalbano's Victim)", article on Flipmagazine of 28 August 2009. (in Italian)
|This article about an Italian actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|