Angelo Sosa is an American born chef of Italian and Dominican descent. He appeared on BEAT BOBBY FLAY MAY 25, 2017 on food network channel. He appeared on the seventh season of the Bravo reality television show Top Chef. He finished as a runner-up, losing to Kevin Sbraga.
Early in his career, he met Jean-Georges Vongerichten who became his mentor, and went on to work for him at Jean Georges, Dune, and Spice Market, where he served as Executive Sous Chef. Shortly thereafter, he was invited by Alain Ducasse to create a special seasonal menu at his Paris restaurant Spoon Food & Wine, the first American to receive such an honor.
Sosa owned a sandwich shop named 'Xie Xie' (meaning thank you in Mandarin) for a short time, but it is now closed. Sosa would return to compete on Top Chef All-Stars. He was eliminated in seventh place. In March 2011, Sosa opened Social Eatz in Manhattan's Midtown East, serving American standards, spiced up using Asian flavors and techniques. In March 2013, Social Eatz closed. In 2012, Sosa opened Añejo Tequileria in Manhattan's Hell's Kitchen, serving unique tequilas and original takes on traditional Mexican tastes. His restaurant Poppy Den in Las Vegas closed its doors after two years in August 2014.
In January 2015 Sosa released a new cookbook that was co-written with Angie Martine entitled, Healthy Latin Eating: Our Favorite Family Recipes Remixed. The cookbook features Latin family recipes from the pair that have been changed to be healthier and prepared as lighter versions of the traditional dishes.
Sosa currently lives in New York City.
- Christie Bishop. "Top Chef Update: Season 7 Winner, Season 8 Rumors + Top Chef: Just Desserts". LA Weekly. Retrieved 22 February 2015.
- "Now Eating | Sandwiches With Ducasse". The New York Times. Retrieved 22 February 2015.
- "'Top Chef D.C.': Seventh season launches with ... a ringer?". latimes.com. Retrieved 22 February 2015.
- "Top Chef Season 8: All-Stars Season". Food & Wine. Retrieved 22 February 2015.
- Zagat Buzz Blog: Angelo Sosa Brings Social Eatz to Midtown East, March 9, 2011 Archived March 13, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.
- "A馿jo :: Hell's Kitchen Tequila Restaurant & Bar :: Angelo Sosa". anejonyc.com. Retrieved 22 February 2015.
- "Angelo Sosa's Poppy Den Shutters at Tivoli Village". Eater Vegas. Retrieved 22 February 2015.
- "Angelo Sosa, Angie Martinez explore healthy Latin cooking". BostonGlobe.com. Retrieved 22 February 2015.
- "SABOR: Angie Martinez & Chef Angelo Sosa's 'Healthy Latin Eating: Our Favorite Family Recipes Remixed' Amplifies Latin Flavors, Combats Obesity & Features Guest Celeb Recipes". Latin Post. Retrieved 22 February 2015.
- TODAY. "Angie Martinez and Angelo Sosa share recipes from their book 'Healthy Latin Eating' - Food - TODAY.com". TODAY. Retrieved 22 February 2015.
|This biographical article related to television in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article about a foodie, restaurateur or gourmand is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|