Angharad Mair (born 31 March 1960) is a Welsh television presenter, previously the lead presenter on the nightly S4C Welsh language news programme, Heno and the BBC Wales news programme, Wales Today.
After training and working for BBC Wales, where she worked on the Welsh language children's programme Bilidowcar, Mair joined Llanelli-based independent television production company Tinopolis in 1991. When Tinopolis produced both programmes from Cardiff, for a time she presented both the English language BBC Wales news Wales Today from 18:30 to 19:00, as well as the Welsh S4C Wedi 7 from 19:00 to 19:30. Mair still presents Wedi7, and is Executive Director for Tinopolis, where by 2006 she held 2.86% of the shares.
Mair wrote a column in the Wales on Sunday newspaper. In December 2006 her comment on the break-up of the relationship of her friend, ITV1 weather presenter Sian Lloyd, against Lloyd's former partner Lembit Öpik - including suggesting that Montgomeryshire needed a new MP - drew much public criticism.
After a challenge from a colleague, Mair ran her first full marathon in New York city in 1991, in a time of 3:29:00. This amazing result for a beginner meant she kept training and won the Reykjavik Marathon in 1996. She entered the trials for the Great Britain athletics squad for the 1997 World Championships in Athens, Greece, where she came 23rd in the Women's Marathon in a time of 2:42:31.
Mair kept running and in 2014 finished 3rd in the Grueling Snowdonia Marathon.
|Representing United Kingdom|
|1997||World Championships||Athens, Greece||23rd||Marathon||2:42:31|
|1991||New York Marathon||New York City||Marathon||3:29:23|
|1996||Reykjavik Marathon||Reykjavic||1st||Marathon||2:38:47 (PB)|
|2016||London Marathon||London||58th (1st F55)||Marathon||2:57:53|
- "Angharad Mair". aren.co.uk. Retrieved 2011-02-27.
- "TV presenter shares secrets of success after 3 decades in front of the camera". The Carmarthen Journal. 18 January 2012. Retrieved 2015-11-08.
- "Angharad Mair". TV Ark. Archived from the original on 31 March 2008. Retrieved 2008-05-09.
- "Angharad Mair". Tinopolis. Retrieved 2008-05-09.
- "Director Dealings - Tinopolis". Yahoo Finance. Retrieved 2008-05-09.
- Mair, Angharad (2006-12-24). "Out on a Lemb!". Wales on Sunday. Retrieved 2009-09-20.
- "Letters to the Editor". Media Wales. 2006-12-31. Archived from the original on 12 April 2008. Retrieved 2008-05-09.
- "Lembit revisited". Peter Black AM. 2006-12-24. Retrieved 2008-05-09.
- "Debate: Is maternity leave too long?". WalesOnline. 2 February 2011.
- Ian Wooldridge (1997-08-07). "The TV newsreader who ran a marathon and liked it so much that she raced in three more". Daily Mail. Retrieved 2008-05-09.
- "London Marathon 2016: Television presenter Angharad Mair heads Welsh contingent with record-breaking time". Wales Online. Wales Online. 24 April 2016. Retrieved 30 October 2016.