This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Early life and Career
Dhar was born in Srinagar. Moving to Mumbai to pursue a degree, Dhar began a career in TV production with Channel V. During this stint, she learnt key technical skills like writing scripts, editing and shooting, making her an all-round TV professional. She also worked behind the camera as an assistant film director. While at Channel V, she was offered chances to appear on camera for promos and shows, but Dhar focused on learning production for she hadn’t chosen acting as a career yet. During her time at Channel V she was offered the anchor position on the show 'Beg Borrow Steal' by UTV Bindass. Dhar has also been a part of several advertisements, such as Cadbury Silk, Domino's India, Everyuth and a few more.
She made her Bollywood debut in 2013, starring in the film called Ek Bura Aadmi starring Arunodaya Singh and Raghuvir Yadav.
In 2015 she was offered the female lead in a web series by Y-films, titled "Bang Baaja Baarat" in which she essayed the role of a spunky, feisty, young independent girl. The show revolves around a much-in-love couple, Shahana (Dhar) and Pawan (Ali Fazal) who decide to get married in an elaborate wedding. However, since Pawan is Brahmin and Shahana is Punjabi, chaos unfolds when both the families meet. The second season of the show started in September 2016.
- Commando 3 (2019) - Malika
- Love per Square Foot (2018) - Karina D'Souza
- Bang Baaja Baaraat (2015) - Shahana Arora
- Beg Borrow Steal (2013) - Herself
- TNN (14 October 2015). "Ali Fazal and Angira Dhar's crazy wedding in 'Bang Baaja Baaraat'". Times Of India. Retrieved 13 June 2017.
- Pradeep Menon (8 December 2017). "YRF's new web series can give rom-coms a run for their money". Firstpost. Retrieved 13 June 2017.
- Anu Chanchal (25 April 2013). "Angira Dhar: The Bold, Bindaas Babe". IndiaTimes. Retrieved 13 June 2017.
- IANS (6 June 2011). "Angira Dhar, new face to join Bollywood". Yahoo News. Retrieved 5 March 2019.
- IANS (6 June 2011). "Angira Dhar, new face to join Bollywood". Bharatstudent. Retrieved 5 March 2019.
- Anu Chanchal (25 April 2013). "Angira Dhar: The Bold, Bindaas Babe". IndiaTimes. Retrieved 5 March 2019.
- BookMyShow. "Ek Bura Aadmi Film (2013) - Reviews, Cast & Release Date in Ahmedabad". BookMyShow.
- Pradeep Menon (8 December 2017). "YRF's new web series can give rom-coms a run for their money". Firstpost. Retrieved 5 July 2017.
- Mini Dixit (6 November 2015). "Bang Baaja Baaraat: After Man's World, Y Films debuts second web series". India Today. Retrieved 20 July 2017.
- HT Correspondent (29 June 2016). "Ali Fazal is back with Season 2 of web series Bang Baaja Baaraat". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 5 July 2017.
- ANI (1 May 2017). "Angira Dhar to make B-Town debut with 'Love Per Square Foot'". ABP Live. Retrieved 24 March 2018.
- BusinessofCinema News Network (10 May 2017). "RSVP To Launch YRF Talent Angira Dhar With Love Per Square Foot". Business of Cinema. Retrieved 5 July 2017.
- Deccan Chronicle (27 January 2017). "Exclusive: Vicky Kaushal, Angira Dhar start shooting for Ronnie Screwvala's film". Deccan Chronicle. Retrieved 5 July 2017.
- "Angira Dhar: The Bold, Bindaas Babe". indiatimes.com. 25 April 2013. Retrieved 12 March 2019.
- Narayan, Girija (9 May 2013). "Photos: Time to Beg Borrow Steal again!". www.filmibeat.com. Retrieved 12 March 2019.