Angleton Independent School District
|Angleton Independent School District|
|1900 N Downing Rd.|
|Type||Independent school district|
|Grades||Pre-K through 12|
|Superintendent||Phil Edwards, Ed.M.|
|Students and staff|
|Teachers||402.92 (2009-10) (on full-time equivalent (FTE) basis)|
|Student-teacher ratio||15.73 (2009-10)|
|Athletic conference||UIL Class 4A Football & Basketball|
|TEA District Accountability Rating for 2011-12||Recognized|
Angleton ISD is a public school district in Angleton, Texas (USA), operating 5 levels of education. Established in 1897, AISD encompasses 396 square miles (1,030 km2) in Brazoria County, serving Angleton as well as the Village of Bonney, parts of the unincorporated area of Rosharon, and the unincorporated areas of Chocolate Bayou, Lochridge, Otey, and Sandy Point.
As of the 2010-2011 school year, the appraised valuation of property in the district was $2,145,243,000. The maintenance tax rate was $0.104 and the bond tax rate was $0.042 per $100 of appraised valuation.
In 2011, the school district was rated "recognized" by the Texas Education Agency. Thirty-five percent of districts in Texas in 2011 received the same rating. No state accountability ratings will be given to districts in 2012. A school district in Texas can receive one of four possible rankings from the Texas Education Agency: Exemplary (the highest possible ranking), Recognized, Academically Acceptable, and Academically Unacceptable (the lowest possible ranking).
Historical district TEA accountability ratings
- 2011: Recognized
- 2010: Exemplary
- 2009: Recognized
- 2008: Recognized
- 2007: Recognized
- 2006: Academically Acceptable
- 2005: Academically Acceptable
- 2004: Recognized
In the 2011-2012 school year, the district had students in twelve schools.
- High schools
- Angleton High School (Grades 9-12)
- Junior high schools
- Angleton Junior High School (Grades 6-8)
- Elementary schools
- Central Elementary (Grades PK-5)
- Frontier Elementary (Grades K-5)
- Northside Elementary (Grades PK-5)
- Rancho Isabella Elementary (Grades K-5)
- Southside Elementary (Grades K-5)
- Westside Elementary (Grades K-5)
- Angleton High School - ACE (Grades 9-12)
- Brazoria County Juvenile Detention (Grades 5-12)
- Brazoria County Alternative Education Center (Grades 3-12)
- Student Alternative Center (DAEP Grades 1-12)
Angleton High School participates in the boys sports of baseball, basketball, football, soccer, and wrestling. The school participates in the girls sports of basketball, soccer, softball, and volleyball. For the 2012 through 2014 school years, Angleton High School will play football in UIL Class 4A.
Students more than 2 miles (3.2 km) away from their schools are entitled to school bus services. Within the 2 miles, the district does not always grant school bus service.
- "Texas School Directory 2012" (PDF). Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 14 July 2012.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Angleton ISD". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 14 July 2012.
- "UIL Alignments". University Interscholastic League. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- "Angleton High School". CBS Interactive. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System District Ratings for 2004 through 2011". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 2 July 2012. Retrieved 14 July 2012.
- "SCHOOL DISTRICT REFERENCE MAP (2010 CENSUS): Brazoria County, TX." U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on January 21, 2018.
- "Texas Accountability System Summary of Ratings for 2004 through 2011(as of November 2, 2011) District Ratings by Rating Category (including Charter Operators)". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 7 August 2012. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- "Accountability Rating System for Texas Public Schools and Districts". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 24 August 2012. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- Tompkins, John. "Angleton ISD bus rule irritates parents." The Brazosport Facts. Thursday September 30, 2010. Updated on Wednesday September 29, 2010.