Anglican Bishop of Leeds
Bishop of Leeds
|Residence||Hollin House, Far Headingley, Leeds|
|First holder||Nick Baines|
|Established||20 April 2014|
The diocese and see were created by The Dioceses of Bradford, Ripon and Leeds and Wakefield Reorganisation Scheme 2013 on 20 April 2014. Nick Baines became diocesan and area bishop of Leeds upon the confirmation of his election on 8 June 2014; but he acted as diocesan and area bishop from 22 April 2014. The bishop's residence is Hollin House, in the Far Headingley area of Leeds.
List of bishops
|Diocesan and Area Bishops of Leeds|
|20 April 2014||22 April 2014||Tom Butler
acting diocesan bishop
|20 April 2014||22 April 2014||James Bell
Bishop of Knaresborough and acting area bishop
|8 June 2014||incumbent||Nick Baines||Previously diocesan Bishop of Bradford; acting diocesan and area bishop 22 April–8 June 2014; announced 4 February 2014; confirmation of election 8 June.|
- Diocesan website
- "The Dioceses of Bradford, Ripon and Leeds and Wakefield Reorganisation Scheme 2013" (PDF). www.churchofengland.org. Church of England. 10 June 2013. Retrieved 13 April 2019.
- Number 10 – Diocese of Leeds: the Right Reverend Nicholas Baines approved (Accessed 4 February 2014)
- "About". The Transformation Programme Blog - for The Diocese of West Yorkshire and the Dales. Retrieved 13 November 2016.[dead link]
- "Nicholas Baines". Crockford's Clerical Directory (online ed.). Church House Publishing. Retrieved 10 June 2017.
- The Transformation Programme – Archbishop appoints interim area bishops (Accessed 10 January 2014)[dead link]