Anglo European School
|Anglo European School|
|Motto||'Making a World of difference'|
|Department for Education URN||137727 Tables|
|Headteachers||Mrs Jody Gee and Mr David Barrs|
|Age||11 to 19|
Anglo European School is a self-governing, co-educational international academy school situated in Ingatestone, Essex. It is a school for boys and girls of all abilities, with 1,306 pupils aged 11 to 19. It was the first state school in Britain to offer the International Baccalaureate Diploma and the first to become a Language College. The school offers opportunities to travel abroad, often on exchanges and learn many languages such as French, German, Spanish, Russian, Japanese, Italian, Chinese and Latin. The school became an academy in 2011, but still has languages as a specialism.
David Barrs and Jill Martin took over as headteachers of Anglo European School following the death of Bob Reed, who was headteacher at the time. They were officially appointed in 2006. There are two headteachers, Jody Gee and David Barrs, who run the school together. David Barrs teaches Geography and Jody Gee teaches English.
The school uses the twelve star European Flag as its crest and uses the phrase Making a World of difference as a motto. It is common to hear the school and its pupils and staff referred to as The Anglo Family.
In the school (excluding the Sixth Form) there are eight houses which make up the forms in each year group with the following names:
In the sixth form students are sorted in to different houses from those in the lower school.
- AK - Aung San Suu Kyi
- EF - Elizabeth Fry
- LK - Martin Luther King
- HJ - Helen Joseph
- TP - Thomas Paine
- SW - Ken Saro-Wiwa
- DB - Daniel Bryan
- MG - Mahatma Gandhi
- A Block - for English and Modern Languages
- B Block - for Music, Art and Technologies
- C Block - for Humanities and Technologies
- D Block - for Modern Languages
- E Block - for Sixth Form
- L Block - for Modern Languages
- M Block - for Maths and Sciences
- S Block - for Sciences and Modern Languages
Notable former pupils
- David Abraham, Chief Executive of Channel 4
- Kyle Asante, footballer
- Lydia Rose Bright, reality television star
- Ben Drew, known as Plan B, rapper
- Mario Falcone, reality television star
- Eddie Hall, racing driver/author
- James Harper, footballer
- John Heffernan, actor
- Nadine Lewington, actress
- Marilene Oliver, artist
- Dan Wright, comedian
- "Anglo European brings in long-serving teacher to serve as new joint head". Archived from the original on 2015-09-23. Retrieved 2015-09-05.
- "Anglo European School, Ingatestone - The Good Schools Guide". The Good Schools Guide. Archived from the original on 2016-08-04. Retrieved 2016-06-21.
- http://aesessex.co.uk/news/anglo-say-farewell-mrs-martin-co-headteacher. Archived from the original on 2016-08-12. Retrieved 2016-06-21. Missing or empty
- "Notable alumni" (PDF). Anglo European School. Archived (PDF) from the original on 2016-11-03. Retrieved 2 November 2016.
- Hall, Eddie. A Certain Point of View. Troubador. p. 23. ISBN 978-1780880426.
|This Essex school or sixth form college related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|