Angry Birds Toons
|Angry Birds Toons|
|Created by||Mikael Hed
|Based on||Angry Birds
by Rovio Entertainment
|Opening theme||"Angry Birds Toons"|
|Country of origin||Finland|
|No. of seasons||3|
|No. of episodes||104 (list of episodes)|
|Producer(s)||Søren Fleng (season 1)
Pablo Jordi (seasons 2, 3)
|Production company(s)||Rovio Entertainment
Toon City (episodes 13–44; episode 47–present)
Atomic Cartoons (episodes 45–47)
|Original release||16 March 2013– Present|
|Followed by||Piggy Tales (2014–present)|
Angry Birds Toons is a Finnish animated TV series based on Rovio's video game franchise of the same name. This animated series follows the adventures of the birds as they guard their eggs against the piggies who want to steal them for their king to eat, as well as adventures from within each group. Episodes have been released weekly.
There was an introductory episode called "Meet the Flock" in March 2013, which presented the names of the birds. The green pigs are identified by their role such as Corporal Pig, King Pig, or Chef Pig, with Minion Pig allocated to unnamed pigs. Dialogue is generally limited to vocalizations and sound effects similar to the game.
As of September 2013, Angry Birds Toons episodes have been viewed more than one billion times. By July 2014, Angry Birds Toons episodes had been viewed over three billion times and by December 2014, episodes had been viewed four billion times.
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||52||March 16, 2013||March 8, 2014|
|2||26||October 19, 2014||April 12, 2015|
|3||26||October 1, 2015||May 13, 2016|
- Red is the leader of the flock, and the angriest of them. He protects the eggs from the pigs at any cost.
- Chuck is a yellow bird and the fastest in the flock. Sometimes he acts without thinking, and this often causes him problems.
- Bomb is a black bird that is able to explode when needed. He is mostly calm, but can't handle the explosion when not needed.
- Matilda is a white bird who loves nature and always seeks peaceful solutions to problems. But she may get angry if things got worst.
- The Blues (Jim, Jay and Jake) are the trio kids of the flock. they love playing pranks on pigs, and birds. They are sometimes irresponsible as well as clever.
- Terence is the biggest of them in the flock. He never speaks, and appears silently like a ninja.
- Bubbles is a young orange bird, normally not a part of the flock. He can puff up like a balloon and likes to eat candy. He only appears in Halloween episodes.
- Minion Pigs are the pigs living in the Pig City, and they are stupid, but also creative. They are assigned to do many jobs, including stealing the birds' eggs..
- King Pig is the king of the Pig City. He is a big foodie, and wants to eat the eggs.
- Corporal Pig is the main leader of the pig army. He sends the pigs to steal the eggs.
- Chef Pig is the cook in the city, and serves dishes to the King Pig. He always have smart ideas to steal the eggs.
- Foreman Pig is an older pig, and has a bushy mustache since as a kid. He can constructs stuff and sometimes steal others' ideas.
- Professor Pig is the smartest pig and make inventions to ease the pigs' life. He doesn't involve in egg-snatching plans.
- Chronicler Pig is the oldest pig and knows a lot about the island's history. he also manages other events happening in the city.
- Goliath Pig is the biggest and strongest who was a prisoner. He is a professional wrestler and a softy bully.
- Hambo Pig is a solder pig and a professional adventurer. he shows high intelligence and low intelligence like the Minion Pigs, Corporal Pig, Chef Pig and Forehead Pig. He is a parody of Sylvester Stallone's character John Rambo from Rambo.
- Fat Pig a.k.a. El Porkador is the hugest overweight wrestler. He wears red and white outfit with knife and fork marking on the mask unlike Goliath Pig he doesn't do much wresting or moving when he sits on a wheelbarrow he rolls like a big ball his fat is so thick nobody can beat him but Terence.
Rovio announced a TV series based on the Angry Birds video game series of 52 short episodes. The series was produced by Finnish animation studio Kombo, which Rovio bought in June 2011. "I am happy to say we are going to roll out a weekly animation series this year of short format content," said Nick Dorra, head of animation at Rovio. The series was made available worldwide on Angry Birds apps, selected video-on-demand services, and selected Smart TVs. It aired on 20 regular television networks worldwide.
- Angry Birds Toons: Season 1, Volume 1 (December 3, 2013)
- Angry Birds Toons: Season 1, Volume 2 (April 15, 2014)
- Angry Birds Toons: Season 2, Volume 1 (December 1, 2015) (DVD only)
- Angry Birds Toons: Season 2, Volume 2 (March 1, 2016) (DVD only)
In 2011, Nickelodeon showed Angry Birds: Wreck the Halls, a Christmas special aired on 17 December 2011; and Angry Birds Space, an animated prequel to the video game of the same name in March 2012.
On 11 April 2014, Rovio released a series titled Piggy Tales on their multi-platform broadcasting channel, ToonsTV, with the first episode called "Trampoline". The series show the minion pigs' life, with other exclusive characters to appear in various episodes, but no other pigs or birds were featured.
Angry Birds Stella
Based on the puzzle video game spin-off of the same name, the series is based around Stella, the pink bird, along with her friends Luca, Willow, Poppy and Dahlia, as they work their way against Gale, the former friend of Stella, that currently is the queen of the pigs in Golden Island.
- Meet the flock / Rovio (HD). 16 July 2013. Retrieved 26 February 2016 – via YouTube.
- "Rovio Announces Second Season of 'Angry Birds Toons' Series". The Hollywood Reporter. 17 September 2013. Retrieved 25 September 2013.
- Angry Birds on G+. Retrieved 19 July 2014.
- "Rovio confirms Angry Birds mobile animation series". Retrieved 30 July 2012.
- Sluss, Justin (9 October 2013). "Rovio’s "Angry Birds Toons Season One Volume One" on Blu-ray December". High Def Disc News. Retrieved 4 October 2014.
- Wolfe, Jennifer (19 February 2014). "‘Angry Birds Toons: Season One – Volume Two’ Soars to Disc April 15". Animation World Network. Retrieved 4 October 2014.
- "Amazon.com: Angry Birds Toons - Season 02, Volume 01: Antti Paakkonen: Movies & TV". amazon.com. Retrieved 18 February 2016.
- "VideoETA - Angry Birds Toons: Season 2 Volume 2 (2016) DVD and Blu-ray". videoeta.com. Retrieved 18 February 2016.
- Ramin Zahed. (19 December 2011) "Angry Birds Lands on Nicktoons". Animation Magazine.
- (21 March 2012) "Angry Birds Space Headed to Nicktoons". IGN.
- (21 March 2014) "Angry Bird Space Game". FREEWARE DOWNLOAD GAME.
- "A brand-new series hits ToonsTV – get ready for Piggy Tales! - Rovio Entertainment Ltd". Rovio.com. Retrieved 12 May 2014.
- "Angry Birds Stella Animated Series!". Angry Birds. Retrieved 4 October 2014.