This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (August 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
26 August 1967 |
Cambridge, New Zealand
|V8 SuperTourers career|
|Current team||Angus Fogg Racing|
|Best finish||23rd in 2012|
New Zealand V8 Championship
Angus Fogg joined the NZ V8 Championship for the 2003-04 season after taking a year off from motorsport. His debut season in NZV8's was as a privateer, but his previous involvements with the V8 Supercars helped his cause, coming home 4th place overall, and taking the Rookie of the Year title as well. Fogg joined the International Motorsport team for the following season where he built two Ford Falcon V8s for the 2004-05 season but could not manage the same performance as the season before, finishing up 12th overall. 2005-06 was another good season for Fogg, finishing up 2nd overall and he was also the first Ford driver home, in 2007-07 he was third overall, and in 2007-08 second overall. Fogg finished sixth overall in the 2008-09 Championship, 8th in the 2009-10 Championship, and 4th in the 2010-12 Championship after leading the points table virtually all season. Fogg currently holds the lap record for the New Zealand V8s Championship series at Manfeild Autocourse of 1:12.810 (2008)).
As of Round Two of the 2011-12 BNTV8s Championship at Powerbuilt Raceway at Ruapuna Park at 10–11 December 2011 Fogg lead the points tables with 418 points over Jason Bargwanna with 362 points and Tim Edgell on 324 points.
Fogg runs his own 'Radio Sport' race team in conjunction with car owner Kevin Williams.
Fogg's family of sponsors in his 2011-12 quest to win New Zealand’s Gold Star Saloon title include Radio Sport, Mountshop, Hydraulink Hose & Fittings, Supercharge Batteries, Segedins Auto Spares of Dominion Road, Strapping Systems (NZ) Ltd, Moselle Panel & Paint, PPG, Affordable PartsWorld, HIAB Services, Delo, Brenics Transport Ltd, i-Sign it, Fromm Packaging Systems, Tom Ryan Cartage, The Interislander, Mason Tool & Engineering, Stainless Welding and Invercargill Oil Shop.
New Zealand V8s
- 2003-04 4th in New Zealand V8 Touring Car Championship, Rookie of the Year.
- 2004-05 12th in New Zealand V8 Touring Car Championship
- 2005-06 2nd in New Zealand V8 Touring Car Championship and first Ford home.
- 2006-07 3rd in New Zealand V8 Touring Car Championship.
- 2007-08 2nd in New Zealand V8 Touring Car Championship, Ashley Stitchbury Memorial Trophy, NZV8s Sportsman of the Year Award
- 2008-09 6th in New Zealand V8 Touring Car Championship
- 2009-10 8th in New Zealand V8 Touring Car Championship
- 2010-11 4th in New Zealand V8 Touring Car Championship
- 2011-12 1st overall New Zealand V8 Touring Car Championship, Best Presented Team
North Island Endurance Series
- 16 May 2009 1st overall, Northern Sports Car Club Six Hour Endurance Race at Pukekohe Park (co-driving with Kevin Williams)
- 6 June 2009 2nd overall, Taupo Car Club Three Hour Endurance Race at Taupo Motorsport Park (co-driving with Kevin Williams)
- 1st overall in 2009 North Island Endurance Series (co-driving with Kevin Williams)
New Zealand 2 Litre Touring Cars
- 2nd place, NZ 2 Litre Touring Car Championship – 1999-2000, 2000–01
- Winner, Dunlop Winter Cup – 1998-99
- Winner – Nissan GT Cup Enduro Manfield – 1994-95 & Pukekohe 1993-94
- NZ Mini 7 Champion – 1997-98, 1996–97
V8 Supercars Australia
- Finalist, United Kingdom Vectra Challenge Scholarship – 1998-99
- Pole Position, Mini Miglia race, Spa Francorchamps – 1998-99
- Thompson, Eric (18 February 2008). "Motorsport: Fogg's win not enough to snatch V8 lead (+video)". The New Zealand Herald. Retrieved 16 September 2011.