|Coordinates: Coordinates: |
|Country||People's Republic of China|
|Time zone||China Standard (UTC+8)|
Located in the north-central part of the province, the county is bordered to the north by Dingcheng District of Changde City and Taoyuan County, to the east by Taojiang and Ningxiang Counties, to the south by Lianyuan City and Xinhua County, to the west by Xupu and Yuanling Counties. Anhua County covers 4,950 km2 (1,910 sq mi), as of 2013, it had a registered population of 1,029,000 and a permanent resident population of 912,100. Anhua has 18 towns and 5 townships under its jurisdiction, the county seat is Dongping (东坪镇).
Anhua County is the source place of Anhua dark tea, which is a kind of dark tea; Anhua was an important nodal point of the Tea Horse Road in ancient times. Anhua is both the southernmost and westernmost county-level division of Yiyang. Anhua and its neighborhood have a very distinct indigenous culture - Meishan culture, which has quite long history and profound religious content, influenced by mainstream Han-Chinese culture and also some neighbor cultures during its developing process.
- 18 towns
- Changtang, Anhua (长塘镇)
- Dafu, Anhua (大福镇): Merging Dongshan Township (东山乡), Building town experimental zone of Xinqiao (新桥建镇试验区) and the former Dafu Town (大福镇) on February 17, 2006.
- Dongping, Anhua (东坪镇): Merging Muzi Township (木子乡), Yanglin Township (杨林乡) and the former Dongping Town (东坪镇) on February 17, 2006.
- Jiangnan, Anhua (江南镇): Merging Dongshi Township (洞市乡) and the former Jiangnan Town (江南镇) on February 17, 2006.
- Kuixi, Anhua (奎溪镇)
- Le'an, Anhua (乐安镇)
- Lengshi, Anhua (冷市镇)
- Malu, Anhua (马路镇): Merging Cangchang Township (苍场乡) and the former Malu Town (马路镇) on February 17, 2006.
- Meicheng, Anhua (梅城镇): Merging Lilin Township (栗林乡) and the former Meicheng Town (梅城镇) on February 17, 2006.
- Pingkou, Anhua (平口镇)
- Qingtangpu, Anhua (清塘铺镇)
- Qujiang, Anhua (渠江镇)
- Taoxi, Anhua (滔溪镇)
- Xianxi, Anhua (仙溪镇)
- Xiaoyan, Anhua (小淹镇)
- Yangjiaotang (羊角塘镇)
- Yanxi, Anhua (烟溪镇)
- Zhexi, Anhua (柘溪镇)
- 5 townships
- Gaoming, Anhua (高明乡)
- Gulou, Anhua (古楼乡)
- Longtang, Anhua (龙塘乡)
- Nanjin, Anhua (南金乡)
- Tianzhuang, Anhua (田庄乡)
- Google (2014-07-02). "Anhua" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 2014-07-02.
- the area of Anhua County, according to about Anhua County
- the population of Anhua County in 2013, according to about the demographics of Anhua County
- the divisions of Anhua County in 2006, according to the result on adjustment of township-level administrative divisions of Anhua County on February 17, 2006 - 《安化县人民政府关于调整部分乡镇行政区划的通知》(安政发〔2006〕1号): xzqh.org (17-Feb-06) or chinabaike.com, also see sina.com
- www.xzqh.org (in Chinese)