Anhui Normal University
|Motto||"厚德(Ethic) 重教(Educate) 博学(Eclectic) 笃行(Endeavour)"|
|Colors||Blue and Gold|
|Anhui Normal University|
Gate of the Old Campus
Anhui Normal University is the only university in Wuhu to accept foreign students. The College of International Education (Chinese: 国际教育学院; pinyin: Guójì Jiàoyù Xuéyuàn) usually has over 150 foreign students of many different nationalities including Cuban, British, French, German, Egyptian, Korean, Vietnamese, Thai, Yemenese, Japanese, Russian, Pakistan etc.
Introduction of the University
Founded in 1928, Anhui Normal University is the oldest institution of higher education in Anhui Province and also one of the national comprehensive universities established at early stage. The university has 16 colleges, 7 doctoral programs, 72 post graduated programs, 56 undergraduate programs. So far, there are 35000 students from different provinces, more than 2600 teaching staffs, among them over 580 are professors and associate professors.
At present, the university has three campuses. It has an area of more than 3300 Mu(about 230 hectares), construction area of about 7.2 million square meters. The library comprises 2.576 million volumes of books, among which there are over 600 kinds of classical collections. It also has domestic and international natural resources and data bank.
The university attaches great importance to both domestic and international exchanges in education, and has established and developed long term friendly cooperation with several dozens of universities, research institutes, academic organisations in U.S.A., England, Germany, Sweden, Finland, Japan, Korea, Vietnam, Canada, and regions of Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan, and has conducted all sorts of academic exchanges and cooperation, which have raised the teaching and research quality, and advanced its level of academic globalization.
The university is one of the earliest batched institutions of higher education appointed by the State to receive Chinese government scholarship international students, and one of the first national bases of Chinese language and culture to Overseas Chinese. Since 1985 it has received nearly 3000 foreign students from more than 40 countries for long and short term training.
The university is near beautiful scenic spots such as Yellow Mountain, Jiuhua Buddhist Mountain, groups of ancient villages towns. Communication and transportation to Nanjing and Shanghai are very convenient which makes life much more easier. Anhui Normal University is the ideal place of studying for international students.
The Anhui normal university offers an eclectic mix of courses for foreign student of different countries to study.
|Chinese language and LiteratureChinese||Mechanical Engineering
MusicMusic and performance
|PaintingAnimation||Politics and administrationLaw|
|EducationKindergarten studies||Public facilities and managementLand and natural resources|
|Mathematics and applied mathematicsPhysics||ChemistryApplied chemistry|
|Environmental scienceGeographical science||Teaching Chinese as a second languageAdverstising|
|Composition and technology theoryFine arts||English Russian|
|Social workHistory||Labour and natural resources managementFinancial affairs management|
|Education and technologyCommunity training||Electronic Information engineeringComputer science and technology|
|Material chemistry Biotechnology||Geography and information system Photography|
|News Art and design||Japanese Ideology and politics education|
|Economics Tourism management||Physical education Sports training|
|Communication engineering Ecology||Biochemistry Psychology|
1. Students who want to do a refresher course are also free to choose from the majors mentioned above.
2. All the classes are taught in Chinese. Students with no Chinese foundation can come to the university and study Chinese for one semester or one year.
- Postgraduate(3 years)
- Doctorate(3 years)
- Pose application: -Fill in the admission application form from Anhui normal university. You can use the following methods to submit your application form post, fax or email.
- Enrollment: -When your application is approved we will send you the acceptance letter and the visa application form (JW202 form). Please promptly go to the Chinese embassy in your country and get a student visa (X visa. period of time to study is more than 180 days) or ask about the F visa (period of study is within 180 days).
- Registration: -Applicants should be in school and register before the deadline for registration which was shown in the letter of acceptance. The college of international education will help you go through the formalities.
- Assigning classes: -After registering, new students will be given an exam and from the result of that exam they will be put into appropriate classes. Within the first week of classes, students can be in different classes to listen and see and decide which class suits them.
- Resident permit: -Within 1 month, the university will help students with L or X visa get a resident permit. For those who already have a resident permit will go straight to the college of international education and go through the formalities.
Gallery of the campus
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Anhui Normal University.|
- ‹See Tfd›(in English) Official website of AHNU
- ‹See Tfd›(in Chinese) Official Chinese website of AHNU