Ani (given name)
Ani (Armenian: Անի) is an Armenian feminine given name given in reference to the medieval Armenian capital city of Ani. The name was among the top 10 most popular names given to newborn girls in Armenia in 2012. It is also a nickname.
Notable people with the name include:
- Ani Batikian (born 1982), Armenian violinist living in Scotland
- Ani Choying Drolma (born 1971), Nepalese Buddhist nun and musician
- Angela Ani DiFranco (born 1970), American singer, guitarist, and songwriter
- Ani Ghukasyan (born 1990), Armenian professional footballer
- Ani Idrus (1918–1999), Sumatran reporter and co-founder of Waspada daily newspaper
- Ani Kaaro (died 1901), New Zealand tribal leader and prophet
- Ani Kavafian (born 1948), classical violinist
- Ani Khachikyan (born 1991), track and field sprint athlete who competes internationally for Armenia
- Ani Mijačika (born 1987), professional Croatian tennis player
- Ani Nyhus (born 1983), Canadian softball pitcher
- Ani Pachen (1933–2002), Tibetan Buddhist nun who led her clan in armed rebellion against China
- Ani Palian, 21st century Ukrainian Paralympic swimmer
- Ani Phyo (born 1968), organic eco chef, author, founder of SmartMonkey Foods
- Ani Samsonyan (born 1990), American politician and journalist
- Ani Vardanyan (born 1991), Armenian figure skater
- Ani, Theban scribe for whom the Papyrus of Ani was compiled
- All pages with titles beginning with Ani
- All pages with titles containing Ani
- Ani (disambiguation)
- Ani (surname)
- Ant (name)
- Ekmekdjian, Monique (1992). Les prénoms arméniens. Collection Arménies (in French). Marseille: Editions Parenthèses. p. 15. ISBN 978-2-86364-068-5. OCLC 28974050. Retrieved 2018-11-27.
- "3 – Armenian Names – Female". Armenian.name. Archived from the original on 2013-02-21. Retrieved 2013-03-08.
- "Which are most common Armenian names? | Armenia News". NEWS.am. Retrieved 2013-03-08.
|given name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.This page or section lists people that share the same|