The meaning of the name "Anika" is different in several languages, countries and cultures. It has more than one meaning available.
Anika means graceful, brilliant or sweet-faced. It is derived from the Sanskrit word Aneek (अनीक), which literally means fearless, soldier, army or face. Anika also refer to splendor, edge or point. It is also one of the many names for Goddess Durga.
Gracious, Merciful. It is the Swedish pet form of the name Anna, similar to Anneke in the Netherlands.
In African regions it means "sweetness of face".
With Russian origins meaning "grace," Annika is sweet and spunky, and a beautiful sibling of the name Ann.
Anika is a German variant of Anna. Anna is most likely a variant of a Hebrew name Hannah, meaning "gracious" or "favored", because in the Bible she was a sincere and merciful woman. Ultimately the name lost its initial 'h'.
In Arabic, Anika (Arabic writing : أنيقة) means unique. It is a variant of Aniqa (Arabic writing : انيقا) which means "neat, elegant, smart".
It is the Hawaiianization of Anita, which means graceful one.
- Anikha Surendran (Indian actress)
- Anika (musician) (born 1987), British-German singer and journalist
- Anika (album), her self-titled album
- Anika Moa (born 1980), New Zealand musician
- Anika Noni Rose (born 1972), African-American singer and actress
- Anika Schwörer (born 2001), Swiss volleyball player
- Anika Calhoun, a character of the Fox TV series Empire (2015 TV series)
- Anika Tene Omphroy (born 1978), Jamaican-American politician
- Anika Saxena
- "Anika - name information, name astrology, lucky number, color, stone, metal and more". www.indiachildnames.com. Retrieved 2017-10-05.
- "Anika - Nordic Names Wiki - Name Origin, Meaning and Statistics". www.nordicnames.de. Retrieved 2017-10-05.
- "Meaning of Aneek | Hindu Boy Name Aneek | Bachpan.com". www.bachpan.com. Retrieved 2020-11-25.
- 1819-1899., Monier-Williams, Monier, Sir (1956) . A Sanskrit-English dictionary etymologically and philologically arranged with special reference to cognate Indo-European languages;. Leumann, Ernst, 1859-1931., Cappeller, Carl, 1842-1925. (New ed., greatly enl. and improved ed.). Oxford: The Clarendon Press. ISBN 019864308X. OCLC 685239912.CS1 maint: numeric names: authors list (link)
- "25 Very Unique Baby Girl Names That Will Hit Big By 2020". Moms. 2018-07-16. Retrieved 2020-11-25.
- "15 Beautiful Russian Baby Girl Names We Love". What to Expect. Retrieved 2020-11-25.
- "Anika - Meaning of Anika | Hindu Girl name Anika | Pitarau". www.pitarau.com. Retrieved 2017-10-05.
- "Name Anika - Meaning, origin etc. - Both, Boy Names, Girl Names - Baby Name Anika". The Name Meaning. 2014-04-15. Retrieved 2017-10-05.
- "انیقہ | Aniqa Name Meaning in Urdu, Arabic names for Girls". www.kidpaw.com. Retrieved 2020-11-25.
- "Anika - Hawaiian Origin, Meaning, and Numerology of the Name Anika at AllTheBabyNames". www.allbabynames.com. Retrieved 2020-11-25.