|Born||December 19, 1973|
|Alma mater||Yale University|
Freddie Maxwell (m. 2015)
Anika Larsen (born December 19, 1973) is an American actress and singer. She was nominated for the Tony Award for Best Featured Actress in a Musical in 2014 for portraying Cynthia Weil in Beautiful: The Carole King Musical. Larsen has made an album of recordings titled, Sing You To Sleep.
Larsen made her Broadway debut in 2000 in the ensemble of Rent. In 2002 she originated the role of Roberta in the cult Off-Broadway musical, Zanna, Don't!, for which she received a Lucille Lortel Award nomination for Best Featured Actress in a Musical.
In 2005 she again appeared on Broadway in the ensemble of All Shook Up and in 2007 performed in the original Broadway ensemble of Xanadu. She has also performed in Avenue Q playing the role of Lucy the Slut/Kate Monster on National Tour, Broadway, and Off-Broadway.
Larsen is the founder of the Jaradoa Theatre Company, which combines performance with community service. In 2009 a musical based on her own life, titled Shafrika: The White Girl, dealing with her experiences of living with a blended adoptive family, was staged at the Vineyard Theatre.
- Date of birth, familysearch.org; accessed May 31, 2014.
- Larsen Welcomes Baby Boy accessed 12-23-2015
- http://playbill.com/multimedia/video/mom-to-be-anika-larsen-previews-sing-you-to-sleep-cd-338506 Archived 2015-01-08 at the Wayback Machine accessed 1/5/2015
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-04-29. Retrieved 2014-04-29.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- David, Cara Joy. "Quick Questions: Beautiful ‘s Anika Larsen is Back on Broadway" Huffington Post, January 15, 2014