||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (July 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Born||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Alma mater||University of Mumbai
University of Pennsylvania
|Occupation||Chairman of Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group|
|Net worth||US$3.3 billion (April 2016)|
|Relatives||Mukesh Ambani (Brother)|
Anil Dhirubhai Ambani is an Indian business magnate, and investor. He is the chairman of Reliance Group (also referred to Reliance ADA Group) which came into existence in June 2005 following a demerger from Reliance Industries Limited. He leads a large number of listed corporations including Reliance Capital, Reliance Infrastructure, Reliance Power and Reliance Communications. Ambani's net worth is $3.3 billion according to the Forbes billionaire list for 2016.
His major interests in entertainment include 44 FM radio stations, nationwide DTH business, animation studios, and several multiplex cinemas throughout India.  He is married to former Bollywood actress, Tina Munim and has two sons Anmol and Anshul.
Ambani made his debut into the entertainment industry with an acquisition of a majority stake in Adlabs Films in 2005, a company with interests in film processing, production, exhibition and digital cinema, the company was later renamed to Reliance MediaWorks in 2009.
In 2008 a joint venture worth US$1.2 billion with Steven Spielberg's production company DreamWorks cast Ambani's entertainment business on to a global platform. Through this link he has contributed to the production of a number of films with Steven Spielberg, including the Academy Award winning film Lincoln in 2012.
Awards and recognition
- Conferred the 'Businessman of the Year 1997' award by India's leading business magazine Business India, December 1997.
- Voted 'the Businessman of the Year' in a poll conducted by The Times of India – TNS, December 2006.
- Voted the 'Best role model' among business leaders in the biannual Mood of the Nation poll conducted by India Today magazine, August 2006.
- Conferred 'the CEO of the Year 2004' in the Platts Global Energy Awards.
- Conferred 'The Entrepreneur of the Decade Award' by the Bombay Management Association, October 2002.
- Awarded the First Wharton Indian Alumni Award by the Wharton India Economic Forum (WIEF) in recognition of his contribution to the establishment of Reliance as a global leader in many of its business areas, December 2001.
- Selected by Asiaweek magazine for its list of 'Leaders of the Millennium in Business and Finance' and was introduced as the only 'new hero' in Business and Finance from India, June 1999.
- Yogesh Chabria, Happionaire's Cash The Crash. CNBC – Network18, 2009. ISBN 978-81-906479-5-3
- "Anil Ambani". Forbes. Retrieved 2016-04-28.
- "Reliance Capital". Reliance Capital. 17 April 2014. Retrieved 18 April 2014.
- "Reliance Infra". Reliance Infra. 17 April 2014. Retrieved 17 April 2014.
- "Reliance Communication". Reliance Communication. 17 April 2014. Retrieved 17 April 2014.
- . Forbes. 12 February 2014 Ambani http://www.forbes.com/wealth/billionaires#p_1_s_arank_-1__66=Anil Ambani Check
|url=value (help). Retrieved 16 February 2014. Missing or empty
- "Ambani & Sons". CNNGO. 12 June 2012. Retrieved 16 February 2014.
- "Tina Ambani got a third baby". dnaindia.com.
- "The Ambani Achievements". Rediff.com. 7 July 2002. Retrieved 16 February 2014.
- "Anil Ambani". EXHIBIT MAGAZINE. 22 May 2014.
- "Reliance Cap buys 51% in Adlabs for Rs 360 crore". The Economic Times. Bennett, Coleman & Co. Ltd. 1 July 2005. Retrieved 11 February 2015.
- "The Reliance-Spielberg Deal: Anil Ambani's Next Blockbuster?". Knowledge@Wharton. The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania. 2 October 2008. Retrieved 11 February 2015.
- "Adlabs Films to be renamed Reliance MediaWorks". Live Mint. HT Media. 4 September 2009. Retrieved 11 February 2015.
- "DreamWorks to Receive Funds From Reliance". The Wall Street Journal. News Corporation. 10 April 2012. Retrieved 11 February 2015.
- "Reliance Entertainment [in]". IMBD. Retrieved 11 February 2015.
- "Lincoln (2012) - Company credits". IMDB. Retrieved 11 February 2015.
- "Businessman of the Year 1997". business-standard.com.
- "Reliance Communications Ltd (RLCM.NS)". in.reuters.com.
- "Anil Ambani". nilacharal.com.
- "Anil Ambani is Platts CEO of the Year". rediff.com. Retrieved 11 December 2004.
- Business Ethics and Corporate Governance. books.google.co.in.
- "Wharton India Economic Forum". the-south-asian.com.
- "Anil Ambani makes it to Asiaweek's hall of fame". rediff.com.