Anil CS Rao
|Anil CS Rao|
|Born||September 3, 1964|
|Education||Pratt Institute; National University MFA Creative Writing|
Anil CS Rao (born September 3, 1964 in Hyderabad, India) is a mixed media artist who works with a canvas base on original photography and photoshopped artwork. His work attempts to create paintings from digital photography and scanned artwork. His artwork is often set in various narrative frameworks: including fiction, nonfiction, and poetry.
Anil CS Rao is the son of CVG Krishna Rao (1936–2003) and Kusuma C Rao. He is also the grandson of CVH Rao, journalist and author of Civil Disobedience Movements in India & India's Case For Freedom (1945).
He attended Pratt Institute, graduating with a degree in engineering. After graduation, he studied art and design at F.I.T. in Manhattan, CSUF Grand Central Art Center, and the Washington School of Photography. His work has been exhibited previously at the Capitol Art Network gallery in Bethesda, Maryland, Touchstone Gallery in Washington DC, India Art Gallery in Pune, India and the Gallery Space in Hyderabad, India.
- Vizag Blue
- O Tirupati!
- The Indian Time Traveler
- Desi Stories
- Shobha Mirza P.A.
- Hyderabadi Biriyani
- Bright Lights, Big Buddha
- Rebel Without A Clue: A Memoir
- Bharathi and Her Theory of Everything
- Ellyn Wexler (2009-04-15). "Pulse: Passage from India: Engineer transforms into artist". Gazette.net. Retrieved 2010-01-13.
- "Metro Plus Hyderabad / Arts & Crafts : Bonfire of convention". The Hindu. 2005-06-27. Retrieved 2010-01-13.