Dr. Anil Kohli
|Education||B.D.S, M.D.S (Lko), FDS RCS (England)|
|Alma mater||King George's Medical College|
Anil Kohli is an Indian dental surgeon, medical administrator and a former president of the Dental Council of India. He is an elected fellow of the Faculty of Dental Surgery of the Royal College of Surgeons of England and holds the honorary rank of 'Brigadier' in the Army Dental Corps. He is a recipient of B. C. Roy Award, the highest Indian award in the medical category. The Government of India awarded him the fourth highest civilian honor of the Padma Shri in 1992 and followed it up with the third highest civilian honour of the Padma Bhushan, in 2005, for his contributions to medicine, making him the first dentist to receive both the honors.
Anil Kohli, an alumnus of King George's Medical College, Lucknow from where secured his graduate degree in medicine and postgraduate degree in dental sciences, received the S. S. Bhatnagar Award during his student days from his alma mater. He is a former Dean of Dentistry at the Baba Farid University of Health Sciences and an adjunct professor at Tufts University School of Dental Medicine. In 1992, when he received the Padma Shri award, he became the first dentist to receive the honor. The Government of India honored him again in 2005 with the higher Padma honor of the Padma Bhushan; two years later, he received the B. C. Roy Award, the highest Indian medical award. He was associated with the Dental Council of India as a member of the executive committee from 2001 to 2004 when he was elected as its president, a post he held for two tenancies, 2004–2005 and 2009–2010.
In 2010, corruption charges appeared against Kohli in the media, which he refuted. Subsequently, the Central Bureau of Investigation raided Kohli's home and office and filed a case against him for holding disproportionate assets. However, the case was closed after nine months of investigations by the agency, exonerating Kohli from the charges.
- "CBI raid on Kohli's premises opens can of worms". Indian Express. 24 September 2011. Retrieved 2 June 2016.
- "Padma Awards" (PDF). Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. 2016. Archived from the original (PDF) on 15 November 2014. Retrieved 3 January 2016.
- "Anil Kohli on Forerunners Healthcare". Forerunners Healthcare. 2016. Retrieved 2 June 2016.
- Kohli (1 January 2009). Text Book of Endodontics. Elsevier India. ISBN 978-81-312-2181-5.
- "CBI files closure in DA case against ex-DCI chairman". Zee News. 19 July 2012. Retrieved 2 June 2016.
- "I am being framed". Mid-Day. 2 July 2010. Retrieved 2 June 2016.
- "CBI registers case against ex-Dental Council of India chief Dr Anil Kohli". India Medical Times. 27 September 2011. Retrieved 2 June 2016.