|Anil Kumar Shastri|
|Member of Lok Sabha|
|Political party||Indian National Congress|
|Children||Adarsh Shastri and two others.|
Anil Kumar Shastri is an Indian politician and a senior leader of the Indian National Congress. He is known for his outspoken views. Presently, he is Special Invitee to the Congress Working Committee and Chairman of the Hindi Department in All India Congress Committee. He was elected to the ninth Lok Sabha from Varanasi in 1989 and was a Minister in the Ministry of Finance, Govt. of India.
Anil Shastri was born in Lucknow to Lal Bahadur Shastri, a former Prime Minister of India and Lalita Shastri. He is an alumnus of St. Columba's School, Delhi and St. Stephen’s College, Delhi. He did his Advanced Management Programme at Ashridge Business School, U.K.
Anil Shastri, after his graduation, worked in the corporate world for 17 years in senior positions.
Social and educational activities
He has been instrumental in promoting higher education particularly in the field of management. He has set up three institutions and is the Chairman of Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management, Delhi, Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management & Technology, Bareilly and Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Technology & Management, Indore. Anil Shastri is Holding Trustee of Lal Bahadur Shastri National Memorial Trust which is involved with various socio-cultural activities.
His son Adarsh Shastri has recently quit a job with Apple and joined the Aam Aadmi Party. He contested the 2014 Lok Sabha elections from Allahabad, UP constituency and will be contesting the Feb, 2015 Delhi Assembly elections from Dwarka Constituency of Delhi.
- Member of Parliament, ninth Lok Sabha, Varanasi, 1989
- Minister in the Ministry of Finance, Govt. of India
- "Congress will form government on its own or sit in oppositionn: Shastri". Times of India. Retrieved 13 February 2012.
- "Govt Underestimated Hazare's Movement: Anil Shastri". Outlook. Retrieved 13 February 2012.
- Pavan Choudary and Anil Shastri. Lal Bahadur Shastri: Lessons in Leadership. Wisdom Village Publications, 2014. ISBN 9789380710365.
|This article about an Indian National Congress politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|