Animal Crackers in My Soup
|"Animal Crackers in My Soup"|
|Songwriter(s)||Irving Caesar and Ted Koehler and the music by Ray Henderson|
"Animal Crackers in My Soup" was a song introduced by Shirley Temple in the 1935 film Curly Top. The lyrics were written by Irving Caesar and Ted Koehler and the music by Ray Henderson, sheet music published by Sam Fox Publishing Company.
Numerous singles and albums containing the Shirley Temple version of the song exist, including at least one CD with it as title track. Temple's version made the Hit Parade, but did not attain the popularity of her earlier hit, On the Good Ship Lollipop, which was #2 for the year.
In 1971, two members of The Irish Rovers, one of which is dressed up like Shirley Temple, sing the song in one sketch as part of one of the episodes of The Irish Rovers Show. The song was performed by Elke Sommer on The Muppet Show in 1979. It was also on the album Anne Murray Sings for the Sesame Street Generation.
Another cover version appears on the 2002 album, Maria Muldaur Presents - Animal Crackers In My Soup: Songs Of Shirley Temple
The song was also covered by Joanie Bartels on her 1980 Sillytime Magic CD and was also on the video The Rainy Day Adventure.
The song is performed by Sammee Lee Jones (as a Shirley Temple look-alike) in the 1971 movie, "What's the Matter with Helen?"
- "Animal Crackers in My Soup". 24 September 2008.
- "Ted Koehler song list". 24 September 2008.
- "Sam Fox, 89, Dies; Music Publisher";New York Times; December 1, 1971.
- "Movie Music Pioneer Fox dies in S.F.";Billboard;Dec 11, 1971
- Jasen, David A. (2012). Tin Pan Alley: An Encyclopedia of the Golden Age of American Song. Routledge. p. 245. ISBN 0-415-93877-5.
- Maria Muldaur Presents - Animal Crackers In My Soup
- Barbra Streisand Archives: Records/Color Me Barbra album.
|This show tune-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|