Centre for Fortean Zoology
This article may rely excessively on sources too closely associated with the subject, potentially preventing the article from being verifiable and neutral. (November 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Headquarters||Woolfardisworthy, North Devon|
|Website||Centre for Fortean Zoology|
The Centre for Fortean Zoology (CFZ) is an organisation dedicated to cryptozoology, and allied disciplines. According to the CFZ, it is a non-profit organisation founded in 1992 by Jonathan Downes, and its honorary life president is the British explorer John Blashford-Snell.
According to the CFZ, its primary focus involves unknown animals or cryptozoology, but they also examine unusual and aberrant animal behavior, animal mutilations, animal colour variants, teratology, animal folklore, classic Fortean subjects as creature falls (fafrotskies), and vampire/werewolf reports.
CFZ Press publishes a journal entitled Animals & Men, which was founded in 1994. The magazine covers a wide range of phenomena that fall into the broad category of cryptozoology.
Appearances in media
- About the CFZ http://www.cfz.org.uk/admin/index.htm
- History of the CFZ "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2007-12-06. Retrieved 2008-01-20.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Downes, J. The Owlman and Others (CFZ Press, Exeter, 1997)
- Downes, J. The smaller mystery carnivores of the Westcountry (CFZ Press, Exeter, 1996)
- Baker, Dave. "Latest News and Features: The Cusworth Big Cat Story". Donny Online. Retrieved 2008-08-14.
- Lloyd, Andy (January 23, 2003). "I've seen the Beast of Bolam, says hunt man". icNewcastle.co.uk. Retrieved 2008-08-14.
- "Waking up from a Dream". John Ronson on... Season 3. Episode 2. 5 June 2007.
- Rice, Xan (24 July 2006). "'Killer dragon' eludes Fortean team". The Guardian. pp. 17, International News Section.
- Shannon, Lucy. "Fresh bid to find Tasmanian tiger". ABC Australia. abc.net.au. Retrieved 19 November 2014.
- Downes, John (2016). "The Weird Weekend [2000-2016]". Weird Weekend. Archived from the original on 1 February 2018.
- Salusbury, Matt. "Weird Weekend 2007". forteantimes.com. Fortean Times. Archived from the original on 2014-11-29. Retrieved 19 November 2014.
- Jonathan Downes. "Animals & Men - Issıes 1 - 5 - In the Beginning". AbeBooks. Retrieved 10 August 2016.
- "Showtime: Penn & Teller: Bullshit! Season 4 Episode 1". Archived from the original on 2012-09-09. Retrieved 23 May 2011.