Animals with Human Intelligence
|Animals with Human Intelligence|
|Studio album by|
|Released||March 9, 1993|
|Genre||Hard rock, glam metal|
|Enuff Z'Nuff chronology|
|Singles from A.W.H.I.|
|Entertainment Weekly||(B+) |
Animals with Human Intelligence is the third album by Enuff Z'nuff, which is also their first and only album on Arista Records. In addition to the promotional video "Right By Your Side," the band made a live appearance on Late Night with David Letterman, performing the song "Superstitious." The song "Innocence" was released as a follow-up single, though no video was made to promote it.
This record was not as successful as their prior releases in the U.S., but the band did find some success overseas. Singer Donnie Vie and bassist Chip Z'Nuff did a promotional tour of Japan, where the album peaked at #49 on the Oricon Charts. The Japanese issue of the album also included the exclusive track "Fingertips." The album was later re-issued in 2000 with new artwork and "Fingertips" now included on Spitfire Records.
In 1996, the song "Bring It On Home" was featured in the Tom Cruise movie Jerry Maguire. However, the song only appears listed on the credits and was not in the actual film, since it was in a deleted scene. The song "Rock N World" was featured in the 2011 direct-to-video film Dahmer Vs. Gacy.
The song "Right By Your Side" was covered by the Norwegian rock group The Tuesdays in 1994. The same song was also covered in 2009 on G.O.O.D. Morning, G.O.O.D. Night by Malik Yusef, a Kanye West collaboration album. Yusef's version of the song also features Destiny's Child singer Michelle Williams on backing vocals.
All songs written by Donnie Vie and Chip Z'Nuff, except where noted.
- "Superstitious" (Gino Martino, Vie, Z'Nuff)
- "Black Rain"
- "Right By Your Side" (Vie)
- "These Daze"
- "Master of Pain"
- "Innocence" (Vie)
- "One Step Closer to You"
- "Bring It On Home"
- "Takin' a Ride"
- "The Love Train"
- "Mary Anne Lost Her Baby"
- "Rock N World"
- "Fingertips" (Japan And re-issue only)
- Donnie Vie – Lead vocals, guitar, piano
- Chip Z'Nuff – Bass guitar, backing vocals
- Derek Frigo – Lead guitar
- Vik Foxx - Drums
|United States||March 9, 1993|
|Japan||April 21, 1993|
- Rivadavia, Eduardo. Review: Animals With Human Intelligence. Allmusic. Retrieved on 2009-12-21.
- Linden, Amy. Review: Animals With Human Intelligence. Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved on 2009-12-21.
- Scherman, Tony. Review: Animals With Human Intelligence. People. Accessed January 22, 2012.
- Oricon Japanese Charts Oricon. Retrieved 2011-5-14.
- Jerry Maguire Soundtrack IMDb. Accessed January 15, 2012.
- When You're A Tuesday Girl Discogs. Accessed January 15, 2012.
- Good Morning, Good Night: Dawn Billboard. Accessed January 15, 2012.