|Owned by||Valkyrie Media Partners, AEsir Media|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)|
|Slogan||North America's #1 Source for Anime|
United States, Canada, Latin AmericaUnited Kingdom (former)
|DirecTV||Channel 1889 (VOD)|
|Available on most cable systems||Consult cable provider for VOD information|
Anime Network, a former subsidiary of A.D. Vision, Inc. (parent company of ADV Films), is a cable and satellite digital broadcast service in North America and Latin America (Streaming only) dedicated to anime.
The network was launched in North America in late 2002 as mostly digital anime television subchannels and is marketed to multi system operators (MSOs) as both a Free and Subscription Video On Demand (VOD) programming service. Anime Network also provides online streaming of its anime for North America and Latin America (Spanish and Portuguese subtitles)  via its website with free full-length preview episodes for non-members, more episodes for members, and all online titles available for subscribers.
The Anime Network ceased broadcast of its linear 24/7 network on January 1, 2008; it continues to support a VOD service and online player on its main website. On September 1, 2009, A.D. Vision had sold off the Anime Network to Valkyrie Media Partners LLC as part of the dissolution of the company and the reorganization of its assets. In 2012, Anime Network's name was removed from Microsoft's Zune Marketplace and replaced with a generic "Anime" designator.
Availability and distribution
At launch, the Anime Network was only available by Video On Demand to Comcast subscribers in the Philadelphia area with 1.2 million customers with more providers choosing to carry the service later on. The linear service launched on June 30, 2004 to complement the VOD service. Comcast Communications previously carried the channel on video on demand since its launch. On May 29, 2009 Comcast discontinued carriage of the service in both its free package and its pay-per-view digital television package, however, are periodically included among Comcast Xfinity's Top Picks.
24/7 linear service
From June 30, 2004 to January 4, 2008, Anime Network offered a 24/7 channel available to cable and satellite providers. The service was only carried by small cable companies. On January 4, 2008, Anime Network officially announced that the 24/7 service would cease operations. The network will still operate as a Video On Demand provider.
Video On Demand
The Anime Network's content is distributed through Video On Demand in two formats.
|Free On Demand||Free VOD||Up to 18 episodes per week. Content is unedited and not ad supported.||Available to DirecTV, Time Warner Cable, Bright House Networks and Buckeye CableSystem customers. Providers who offer Subscription On Demand may make the Free On Demand package available to all their customers.|
|Subscription On Demand||SVOD||Up to 45 hours, content is unedited. Subscription On Demand subscribers also receive new premieres, shows, and exclusive content not available to Free On Demand customers.||Carried on six of the nation's top ten cable providers and various smaller cable companies. Providers like Cox, Suddenlink and Insight will also distribute the Free On Demand package to all their customers. Some providers like Charter, Mediacom and Shaw Digital TV will only make the Subscription On Demand package available. Dish Network carries a pay-per-view based Subscription On Demand on their DISH Online service.|
Following is a selected list of providers that distribute Anime Network. A more complete list can be found on their Video On Demand Schedule page.
|Bright House Networks||Cable||Free VOD|
|Cogeco||Cable||SVOD/Free VOD||Canadian cable provider.|
|DirecTV||Satellite||Free VOD on Ch-1889||Customers must have their own broadband access, such as cable-modem or ADSL. Requires a suitable DVR (HR20...HR24 or R22). No longer has ads and content is unedited|
|Rogers Communications||Cable||SVOD/Free VOD||Canadian cable provider.|
|Shaw Digital TV||Cable||SVOD||Canadian cable provider.|
|Suddenlink Communications||Cable||SVOD/Free VOD||Subscription On Demand channel 995, Free On Demand channel 996.|
|Time Warner Cable||Cable||Free VOD|
|Wave Broadband||Cable/Fiber Optic||Free VOD||Wave was previously known as Charter (& replaces Charter) in some parts of North America (E.G. West Sacramento, Washington, and Oregon). Requires a suitable DVR, advertisements & editing currently unknown. Has been removed from the Video-On-Demand listings for Solano County.|
|Charter Communications||Cable/Fiber Optic||SVOD/Free VOD|
Anime Network (UK)
|Launched||June 3, 2007|
|Closed||January 1, 2008|
|Owned by||A.D. Vision|
On June 3, 2007 Anime Network was launched in the United Kingdom as a programming block on the Propeller TV satellite channel, produced by A.D. Vision. It was broadcast as a 2-hour block with 4 different anime series and aired from 8:00pm to 10:00pm, 7 days a week. The block was removed from the schedule on January 1, 2008, which was the same day Anime Network discontinued its North American 24/7 linear service to continue to support its VOD service.
- "RIN-NE 2 disponible para América Latina por Anime Network Online". ANMTV. 2016-04-28.
- "Anime Network's 24/7 Linear Service Discontinued". Anime News Network. 2008-01-05. Retrieved 2008-01-06.
- "ADV Films Shuts Down, Parent Transfers All Assets to Other Companies". Anime News Network. 2009-09-01. Archived from the original on 3 October 2009. Retrieved 2009-09-02.
- "The Anime Network American Launch". Anime News Network. 2002-12-13. Archived from the original on 19 January 2008. Retrieved 2008-01-06.
- "Comcast removes Anime Network, adds Funimation". Anime News Network. Retrieved 2009-07-20.
- "DirecTV Video On Demand Schedule". Anime Network. Archived from the original on 10 February 2011. Retrieved 2011-01-08.
- "Time Warner On Demand Schedule". Anime Network. Archived from the original on 10 February 2011. Retrieved 2011-01-08.
- "Buckeye On Demand Schedule". Anime Network. Archived from the original on 10 February 2011. Retrieved 2011-01-08.
- "Sony's Adds Anime Network to PSN". Anime Network. Retrieved 2011-01-08.
- "Bright House On Demand Schedule". Anime Network. Archived from the original on 10 February 2011. Retrieved 2011-01-08.
- "Cablevision: Anime Network On Demand". Cablevision. Archived from the original on 13 December 2007. Retrieved 2007-12-25.
- "Cablevision subscription Video On Demand Schedule". Anime Network. Archived from the original on 10 February 2011. Retrieved 2011-01-08.
- "Cox subscription Anime Network On Demand". Anime Network. Archived from the original on 10 February 2011. Retrieved 2011-01-08.
- "Rogers: Anime Network On Demand". Rogers Communications. Retrieved 2009-07-20.
- "Rogers subscription Video On Demand Schedule". Anime Network. Archived from the original on 10 February 2011. Retrieved 2011-01-08.
- "Shaw: Anime Network SVOD". Shaw Communications. Archived from the original on 31 December 2007. Retrieved 2007-12-25.
- "Shaw subscription Video On Demand Schedule". Anime Network. Archived from the original on 10 February 2011. Retrieved 2011-01-08.