|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Animexx is a German voluntary association (Eingetragener Verein) for promotion of Japanese popular culture, in particular anime and manga. It was founded on 30 January 2000 in Munich  when two other groups, 1. Sailor-Moon-Online-Fanclub and Animangai, merged. On 5 May 2008 Animexx became a member of Verband Deutsch-Japanischer Gesellschaften, a group of organizations and people interested the relations between Japan and Germany.
As of February 2010, the site claims to have over 126,000 members. Its site includes discussion forums, fanart galleries, and areas for publishing fanfiction and doujinshis. In association with Egmont Manga & Anime, and online magazine AnimePro, they republish some doujinshi in anthologies. According to German magazine Spiegel Online, it is the largest web portal for Manga Artists in Germany.
There are over 10,000 dojinshi available on the site, which are quality controlled and checked for "legal acceptability". Real-person slash is not permitted, and there is a "complete ban" on shotacon and lolicon. Schwarzer Turm, a small publisher that specialises in publishing German work, uses Animexx to find new artists to publish, and they publish manga anthologies together.
In May 2002, the group also began organizing the Connichi fan convention, as well four other smaller conventions: Hanami in Ludwigshafen, YukiCon in Zuffenhausen, J-Con in Merzig and Animuc in Fürstenfeldbruck.
- "Animexx Chronik" (in German). Animexx. 27 December 2009. Archived from the original on 14 January 2010. Retrieved 27 December 2009.
- "Animexx e.V. Mitglied im Verband Deutsch-Japanischer Gesellschaften" [Animexx registered association member in the federation of GermanJapanese societies] (in German). Animexx. 5 August 2008. Retrieved 18 August 2009.
- "Animexx Mitglieder-Statistik" (in German). Animexx. 7 February 2010. Archived from the original on 8 February 2010. Retrieved 7 February 2010.
- "Jung, weiblich, sexy... Zeichneri" [Young, womanlike, sexy… Draftswoman]. Der Spiegel (in German). 11 December 2007. Retrieved 18 August 2009.
- Malone, Paul M. (2010), "From BRAVO to Animexx.de to Export", in Levi, Antonia; McHarry, Mark; Pagliassotti, Dru, Boys' Love Manga: Essays on the Sexual Ambiguity and Cross-Cultural Fandom of the Genre, McFarland & Company, pp. 32–33, ISBN 978-0-7864-4195-2
|This anime-related organisation article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an organisation based in Germany is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|