This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Headquarters||Makati City, Metro Manila, Philippines|
|Products||Double Win Vegas Slots|
Number of employees
|Parent||Anino Pte Ltd|
Anino Games is a Philippine third-party game developer for different platforms. It is composed of two sister companies – Anino Entertainment, which focuses on PC, console, and virtual reality games, and Anino Mobile, which develops mobile games. The company takes its name from anino, a Tagalog word meaning "shadow".
Currently, it is a third-party game developer specializing in end-to-end game development for the PC/Mac, Nintendo DS and DSi, Wii, iPhone/Ipod Touch/iPad, Adobe Flash/Facebook and mobile phone platforms. They are the pioneer game development studio in the Philippines. Their award-winning original IPs include Anito: Defend a Land Enraged (IGF 2004), Anima Wars (IMGA 2006), Anito: Tersiago’s Wrath (Nokia Series60 challenge, Singapore 2003), Deep Interactive Pursuit (Best Casual Game nominee, IMGA 2007), and Word Archery (Indie Game Showcase 2007).
List of games
- Grave Mania: Pandemic Pandemonium
- Grave Mania: Undead Fever
- Dream Inn: Driftwood
- Cake Mania 4: Main Street
- Deal or No Deal: Vegas Gold
- Despicable Me: Minion Mania
- Pet Resort
- Mind's Eye: Secrets of the Forgotten
- Shutter Island
- Littlest Pet Shop
- Mysteries of Cleopatra
- Dream Day Wedding iPhone
- Turbo Subs iPhone
- Jumble Classic iPhone
- Flipper Deluxe
- Jumble Madness
- Moorhuhn Star Karts
- Pat Sajak’s Linked Letters
- ESPN’s Winter X Mobile
- Timothy and Titus
- Anito: Defend a Land Enraged
Established in November 2001, Anino Entertainment is a third-party game developer of PC and console games. In 2003, Anino released the first Filipino-made game, Anito: Defend A Land Enraged, a single-player role-playing game for the PC. Anito placed the Philippines on the game industry world map and won two international awards: 2003 Gametunnel Role-Playing Game of the Year, and Innovation in Audio at the Independent Games Festival 2004 (also a finalist in all categories),.
Anino Entertainment has also created numerous titles for various platforms including PDAs, TV games, and serious games for business applications such as virtual reality and industrial design. They finished production on their second PC game, Timothy and Titus, a Christian-themed casual game for children, which was released internationally at the end of 2006.
Recently, Anino Entertainment created its first PC casual game called Word Archery, which won 2nd place in the Casual category of the Indie Game Developers Showcase. Currently, Anino is working on additional titles on the PC and Microsoft's Xbox 360 such as the action-adventure/RPG hybrid "Project Phoenix".
Anino Mobile was established in April 2005 by Anino Entertainment and develops games for mobile phones. Their games include Black Ops, Anito: Call of the Land, The One Hope, and Snakes On A Plane.
In October 2006, Anino Mobile was named a finalist in the International Mobile Gaming Awards. Their game Anima Wars was one of 25 finalists, chosen out of 400 studios from 42 countries around the world.
- "Pinoy developer Anino Games bought up by Thailand's Pocket Playlab | SciTech | GMA News Online". Gmanetwork.com. Retrieved 2016-03-31.
- "The 12th Annual Independent Games Festival". Independent Games Festival. UBM TechWeb. Archived from the original on 16 July 2011. Retrieved 2011-08-25.
- Villafania, Alexander (2007-01-28). "First glimpse: Anino Entertainment's 'Project Phoenix'". Philippine Daily Inquirer. Retrieved 2008-06-14.[permanent dead link]
- Villafania, Alexander (2006-10-10). "RP company nominated in mobile game development contest". Philippine Daily Inquirer. Archived from the original on 2007-07-13. Retrieved 2008-06-14.