|Occupation||Film and stage actor|
|Eagoler Chokh, Arshinagar, Colkatay Columbus, Dhananjay, Debi Sarpamasta, Awdyo Shesh Rajani, Athoi, Ek Je Chhilo Raja, Gumnaami|
Anirban Bhattacharya (Bengali: অনির্বাণ ভট্টাচার্য) is an Indian Bengali stage and film actor. He played lead roles in many popular theatre productions. His first successful theatre production was Debi Sarpamasta, written by Manoj Mitra, directed by Debesh Chattopadhyay. His other notable works are Anthony Soudamini, Nagamandala (famous play by Girish Karnad), Jara Agun Lagay, Bisorjan, FM Mahanagar, Karu Basana, Awdyo Shesh Rajani, Athoi etc. In 2017, he got the Mahindra Excellence in Theatre Awards (META) as Best Actor in a Leading Role (Male) for Awdyo Shesh Rajani. In 2015, he started his film career with the Zee Bangla telefim Kader Kuler Bou. He got fame for his character as Bishan Roy from the film Eagoler Chokh. For playing this role, he picked up the Filmfare Awards East for Best Actor in a Supporting Role in 2017.
Anirban was born on 7 October 1986 in Midnapore, West Bengal. He did his schooling from Nirmal Hriday Ashram Catholic Church High School in Midnapore. After that, in 2004 he moved to Kolkata to study Theatre from Rabindra Bharati University. He completed his Master's in drama and received the Young Artist Scholarship, 2009 from Cultural Ministry of the Government of India.
He acted in various theater productions between 2005-2010 and in 2008 Bhattacharya acted in the workshop based theatre production Jhunki (The Risk), conducted by the renowned Mr. Steve Clorfiene, student of Yergi Grotowski. It was a collaboration of American Council and Rabindra Bharati University. He acted in 3 productions like Raja lear, Debi Sarpomosta and Chandragupta. After that he resigned from Minerva Repertoire in January 2013 and started his career as a professional freelance theatre actor.
This section needs additional citations for verification. (April 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|2005||Bijalibala-r Mukti||Adrija Dasgupta||Narrator|
|2007||Tumi Dak Diyechho Kon Shokale||Adrija Dasgupta||Multiple Characters|
|2007||Dure Baje (Based on Pracheta Gupta's short story)||Adrija Dasgupta||Narrator|
|2008||Shilpi||Adrija Dasgupta||Madan Tanti|
|2009||Amar Atmahatya Kalin Jabanbandi||Adrija Dasgupta||Multiple Characters|
|2010||Raja Lear (Shakespeare's King Lear)||Suman Mukhopadhyay||Edmund|
|2011||Debi Sarpamasta (Manoj Mitra)||Debesh Chattopadhyay||Narrator and Raja Lokendra Pratap|
|2012||Chandragupta||Kaushik Chattopadhyay||Raja Nanda|
|2013||Tin Kanya||Abanti Chakraborty||Andrei|
|2013||Anthony Soudamini||Soumitra Mitra||Anthony|
|2013||Nagamandala (By Girish Karnad)||Abanti Chakraborty||Naga & Apanna|
|2013||Tin Poishar Pala||Tathagata Choudhury||Mohin Dakat|
|2014||Jara Agun Lagay||Suman Mukhopadhyay||Gotlip Beiddermann|
|2014||Bisarjan (Rabindranath Tagore's Play)||Suman Mukhopadhyay||Raja Gobinda Manikya|
|2014||Troy (Based on the Iliad by Homer)||Abanti Chakraborty||Hector|
|2014||Chhayabaji||Chandan Sen||Chhaya (Shadow)|
|2015||Icchher Oli Goli||Abanti Chakraborty||Stanley Kowalski|
|2015||FM Mahanagar||Arindam Mukherjee||Abhra|
|2015||Karu Basana (Based on a novel by Jibananda Das)||Arpita Ghosh, Debesh Chattopadhyay||Hem|
|2016||Awdyo Shesh Rajani||Bratya Basu||Amiya Chakraborty|
|2016||Athoi (Based on Shakespeare's Othello)||Arna Mukhopadhyay||Anargo (Based on Iago)|
|2019||Pontu Laha 2.0 ||Anirban Bhattacharya||Junior Shakil Ansari|
In 2010, he has formed his own theatre group Sangharam Hatibagan.
Here is a list of plays that have been directed by him :-
• Udorniti ( A short play translated from the play Out At Sea by Slawomir Mrozek )
Anirban started his career in Bengali language films in 2015 with Zee Bangla Cinema Originals' such as Kader Kuler Bou, Jodi Balo Hyan and Ebhabeo Phire Asa Jay. He hit the big screen in Aparna Sen's Arshinagar in a supporting role. In 2016, he appeared in Arindam Sil's Eagoler Chokh portraying a different character named "Bishan Roy" and has become the talk of the town eventually for his immense performance. He has also bagged the BFJA-Most Promising Actor Male award for essaying Bishan Roy in that film. He has also picked up the Filmfare Awards East for the Best Actor in a Supporting Role for the same role. Bhattacharya has also awarded with the Best debutant Actor award at International Bengali Film Award(IBFA). Recently, Anirban played a role of a radio jockey in Colkatay Columbus. He has awarded the "Ajeyo Samman 2017" by the newspaper Ebela for becoming the most praised actor in 2016 and also the new talk of the town.
|2013||Kolkata-r King (Based on Three Penny Opera)||Judhajit Sarkar||King/KK|
|Key Square (SRFTI Diploma Film)||Shamik Kumar Raskhit||The Naxalite Leader|
|2015||Kader Kuler Bou||Souvik Kundu||Kanad Brahma|
|Jodi Bolo Hyan||Abhijit Guha and Sudeshna Roy||Sayan Sen|
|Ebhabeo Fire Asha Jaye||Abhijit Guha and Sudeshna Roy||Kaushik Dutta|
|2016||Eagoler Chokh||Arindam Sil||Bishan Roy|
|Colkatay Columbus||Saurav Palodhi||Sam|
|2017||Durga Sohay||Arindam Sil||Madhab|
|2018||Jojo ||Argha Deep Chatterjee||Anirban|
|Alinagarer Golokdhadha||Sayantan Ghosal||Soham|
|Uma||Srijit Mukherji||Mohitosh Sur|
|Ek Je Chhilo Raja||Srijit Mukherji||Satya Banerjee|
|2019||Shahjahan Regency||Srijit Mukherji||Arnab Sarkar|
|Finally Bhalobasha||Anjan Dutta||Joy|
|Vinci Da||Srijit Mukherji||Bijoy Poddar|
|Bibaho Obhijaan||Birsa Dasgupta||Bullet Singh|
|Gumnaami||Srijit Mukherjee||Chandrachur Dhar|
|Ghawre Bairey Aaj||Aparna Sen||Nikhilesh Choudhury|
- Nirad Baran Memorial Award
- BIG Bangla Rising Star award from BIG FM for the best theatre actor (Male) for the role of Edmund in the drama Raja Lear by Suman Mukhopadhyay.
- Syamal Sen Smriti Sanman by theatre group Swapna Sandhani for his dual role in Devi Sarpamasta.
- Sudrak Samman for Best Actor for Devi Sarpamasta.
- Sundaram Samman for Theatre Acting.
- Zee Bangla Gaurab Award for Best Actor for his dual role in Nagamandala in 2014
- West Bengal Film Journalists Association Award for Best Promising Actor of The Year in 2017
- Filmfare Awards East for Best Actor in a Supporting Role for playing Bishan Roy in Eagoler Chokh in 2017
- META Award for Excellence in theatre, Best Actor for playing Amiyo in Awdya Shesh Rajani in 2017
- Ajeyo Samman by Ebela newspaper in 2017
- Best Debutant Actor award at International Bengali Film Award (IBFA).
- Bharat Bangladesh Film Awards-(BBFA) for Best Playback Singer( Male) for the song Kichchu Chaini Ami from the movie Shahjahan Regency in 2019
Presently, Anirban has worked in a non fictional television comedy show Apur Sangsar, along with Saswata Chatterjee, which has started to air on Zee Bangla from 26 January. He has appeared in popular shows of Zee Bangla like Didi No.1 as guest and Dadagiri Unlimited Season 7 as celebrity contestant. The play Awdyo Shesh Rajni (Anirban as lead) was aired on Home Theatre of Colours Bangla. He hosted a crime show Hushiar Bangla on Colours Bangla.
Anirban has now starred in a limited television series Bhoomikanya (approximately 200 episodes), which is produced by Arindam Sil and has started to air on Star Jalsha. In this series, Anirban has played the role of the male lead "Ankush", who is a fearless and honest forest ranger.
Anirban now works on the web series Byomkesh, where he portrays the title character, detective Byomkesh Bakshi, written by Sharadindu Bandyopadhyay. This brand new web series airs on Hoichoi Originals (a web platform of Shree Venkatesh Films) from 14 October 2017. He has also played the lead role in Laboratory, which is a Hoichoi original film, based on Rabindranath Tagore's famous short story of the same name.
|2017-2019||Byomkesh(Season 1-4)||Sayantan Ghosal, Soumik Chattopadhyay||Byomkesh|
|2019||Paanch Phoron( Gopone Prem Charan )||Suman Mukhopadhyay||Indrajeet|
In 2018, for the first time Anirban has done a playback in his career. The versatile actor has lent his voice for the song "Kichchu Chaini Ami" from the movie Shahjahan Regency, which is directed by Srijit Mukherjee. He has delivered sheer magic in his playback debut and the song has gained immense popularity ever since it was released. The actor who is not a professional singer, was stunned and overwhelmed with the response.
- "বিষাণ ভট্টাচার্য". www.anandabazar.com.
- "Film is a director's medium: Anirban Bhattacharya". Hindustan Times. 18 August 2016.
- "Bengali actor Anirban Bhattacharya - brief profile and biography". www.newsonindiancelebrities.in.
- www.anandabazar.com http://www.anandabazar.com/supplementary/patrika/interview-of-talented-actor-anirban-bhattacharya-1.155062. Missing or empty
- "Play Review: Athhoi". The Times of India.
- "The 12th Mahindra Excellence in Theatre Awards: And the winner is…". The Financial Express. 12 March 2017.
- "Stars shine at Eagoler Chokh success party". The Times of India.
- "Calcutta Most Desirable Men | Times Poll". The Times of India. Retrieved 29 June 2018.
- "Anirban Bhattacharya-Actor, Director, Writer". www.anirbanactor.com.
- বিশ্বাস, চৈতালি. "'আমরা বামপন্থা-উত্তর সময়ে বাংলা থিয়েটার করতে এসেছি'". www.ebela.in.
- "New challenges". Telegraph India.
- "Theatre Review: Jaara Aagun Lagay". The Times of India.
- "Ways of remembering the bard". Telegraph India.
- "Film is a director's medium". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 18 August 2016.
- বিশ্বাস, অন্তরা মজুমদার ও পৃথা. "আমি আর অনির্বাণ মিলে যে কাজ করতে পারব,কেউ পারবে না". =www.ebela.in.
- "Anirban Bhattacharya:I went blank when my name was announced". The Times of India. Retrieved 3 March 2017.
- মুখোপাধ্যায়, দেবশঙ্কর. "হল কী অনির্বাণের!". www.anandabazar.com.
- "Eagoler Chokh Movie Review, Trailer, & Show timings at Times of India". The Times of India.
- "A whodunit that delves into the mysteries of human psychology". www.nandankolkata.com.
- "Durga Sohay Movie Review, Trailer, & Show timings at Times of India". The Times of India.
- "Durga Sohay actors talk about their characters". The Times of India.
- "Trailer of Bengali film on hanging of rape-murder accused". Hindustan Times. 3 July 2017.
- "Film on Dhananjoy hanging case". The Times of India.
- মুখোপাধ্যায়, দেবশঙ্কর. "বাংলায় পুতুল-ভূত". www.anandabazar.com.
- "Anirban Bhattacharya and Parno Mittra reveal why they chose to do 'Alinagarer Golokdhadha'". The Times of India. Retrieved 29 June 2018.
- "Parno and Anirban at the press conference of the film Alinagarer Golokdhadha". The Times of India. Retrieved 29 June 2018.
- "ইতিহাসের পাতায় ধাঁধার সমাধান". anandabazar.com. Retrieved 29 June 2018.
- "পোষ্টার মুক্তি পেল উমা-র". Ann news Bengali | Part of A.N.N News Private Limited (in Malayalam). Retrieved 29 June 2018.
- "এবার ইতিহাস থেকে ভাওয়াল সন্ন্যাসী কাণ্ড পর্দায় আনছেন সৃজিত". Sangbad Pratidin. Retrieved 29 June 2018.
- "'I'm learning and enjoying films' — Anirban Bhattacharya". www.telegraphindia.com.
- "'কমফোর্ট জোন থেকে বের করেন সৃজিতদা'". Eisamay. 13 September 2018.
- "Bengal is not very generous in terms of money: Anirban - Times of India". The Times of India.
- "What's Anirban Bhattacharya's dream role? - Times of India". The Times of India.
- বন্দ্যোপাধ্যায়, স্রবন্তী. "সিরিয়াল আমাদের পেছনে টানছে, গুহাবাসী করে তুলছে: অনির্বাণ ভট্টাচার্য". anandabazar.com.
- "Watch: Anirban delivering his popular dialogue in a rapid fire round! - Times of India". The Times of India.
- "Here's all you need to know about Srijit's next 'Vinci Da' - Times of India". The Times of India.
- "afaqs! > Media Newslets > BIG Bangla Rising Star Awards raises a toast of honor for the stars of tomorrow". www.afaqsreporter.com. Archived from the original on 2 August 2017. Retrieved 1 August 2017.
- Bangaliana, Sholoana. "West Bengal Film Journalists' Association Awards 2017 Held - Sholoanabangaliana Portal". sholoanabangaliana.in.
- "High five! 'Cinemawala' turns show-stealer at Jio Filmfare Awards East". The Times of India.
- Maqsood, Zofeen. "META AWARDS Gala Night in India". www.broadwayworld.com.
- "Ajeyo Samman News in Bengali - Ebela.in". ebela.in.
- Team, Tellychakkar. "Joyjit and Pushpita to grace Zee Bangla's Apur Sansar". www.tellychakkar.com.
- Team, Tellychakkar. "Anirban Bhattacharya to host Colors Bangla new crime show Hushiar Bangla". www.tellychakkar.com.
- এবেলা.ইন, শাঁওলি. "একটি সাপের সঙ্গে তিন দিন! শিউরে ওঠা অভিজ্ঞতার কথা শোনালেন অনির্বাণ". ebela.in.
- "Star Jalsha plans major leap with 'Bhoomikanya'". Uniindia.com. 26 July 2018. Retrieved 17 June 2019.
- "আমি কোনও দিনই কনফিডেন্ট নই: অনির্বাণ ভট্টাচার্য". anandabazar.com.
- "Sneak peak". Tribune India.
- "Anirban to play Byomkesh in web series". The Times of India.
- দেব, স্বর্ণাভ. "বর্ন ট্যালেন্ট নই, আমি পরিশ্রমী". anandabazar.com. Retrieved 29 June 2018.
- ওবেলা. "উত্তমকুমার বা অমিতাভ বচ্চন তো হতে পারব না! যা আছি, তা-ই থাকব, জানালেন নতুন ব্যোমকেশ". ebela.in. Retrieved 29 June 2018.
- "It's 'playback' time for actor Anirban Bhattacharya! - Times of India". The Times of India.
- "anirban bhattacharya actor - Google Search". www.google.com.