This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Anirudh at the 2017 Audi Ritz Style Awards
|Birth name||Anirudh Ravichander|
|Born||[better source needed]16 October 1990|
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India[better source needed]
|Years active||2011– present/active|
Anirudh Ravichander (born 16 October 1990), also known monomously as Anirudh, is an Indian film composer and singer who primarily works in Tamil cinema.The son of veteran actor Ravi Raghavendra, Anirudh is regarded as one of the most popular composers in South India, and is one of the best-selling recording artists in India, with over 25 million units sold worldwide as of 2017. He has won two Filmfare Awards South, nine SIIMA Awards, six Edison Awards and five Vijay Awards.
Anirudh's debut song "Why This Kolaveri Di", composed for the 2012 film 3, went viral across the globe and has achieved over 200 million views on YouTube. A.R. Murugadoss signed him to compose music for Kaththi (2014) starring Vijay, which included the viral hit "Selfie Pulla". The soundtrack for the film became Anirudh's highest profile soundtrack until he was signed to compose music for Rajinikanth's Petta in 2019.
In 2016, he signed a record deal with Sony Music, which publishes his independent albums and live concerts. In the same year, he featured with Diplo on the remix of Major Lazer's hit single "Cold Water". In 2017, he became the most Desirable Man in chennai. In 2018, he again bagged the title, becoming the first musician to achieve this title two times in a row.
Anirudh is the son of actor Ravi Raghavendra and classical dancer Lakshmi Ravichander and nephew of Latha Rajinikanth. His maternal grandfather S. V. Ramanan is a multifaceted personality who has excelled in making documentaries, commercials and music. Anirudh's great grandfather was director Krishnaswami Subrahmanyam, a pioneering filmmaker of the 1930s. Anirudh was part of a band in school called Zinx. At the age of 10, he started composing music and landed his first break with '3' at the age of 22.
He was the School Pupil Leader (Head Boy) at Padma Seshadri Bala Bhavan, K.K. Nagar. He graduated from Loyola College in 2011, which according to him was just a backup in case his music career did not take off. Anirudh learnt piano from Trinity College of Music, London and did his sound engineering diploma from soundtech-media (Chennai). He also learnt Carnatic music, and was part of a Carnatic fusion band. He always loved music and composing music is his passion. His dream was to make music his career and become a musician. In his school days, Anirudh had entered a TV show that was judged by A. R. Rahman, and his band was one of the winners along with 5 other bands. Anirudh was awarded the Best Instrumentalist by his idol.
2011–2012: Debut and early success
Anirudh made his debut as a music composer in his cousin Aishwarya R. Dhanush's directorial debut 3, starring Dhanush. While pursuing his degree at Loyola College, he had done background scores for the short films made by Aishwaryaa and his work on short films convinced her to have him work on her first commercial venture. In early November 2011, a leaked version of a song from the film Why This Kolaveri Di!, circulated online and the film's team decided to subsequently release it officially on 16 November 2011. It instantly became popular on social networking sites for its quirky "Tanglish" (portmanteau word of Tamil and English) and foot-tapping kuthu beats. Soon, the song became the most searched YouTube video in India and internet phenomenon across Asia. Within a few weeks, YouTube honoured the video with a "Recently Most Popular" Gold Medal award and "Trending" silver medal award for receiving a large number of hits in a short time. The song was built around a South Indian folk rhythm. Its instrumentation consists of nadaswaram, shehnai, saxophone, urumee and thavil drums, acoustic guitar and keyboards mixed with electronic synths and scratches. The vocals utilize the singing style of Tamil folk culture. Lyrically, the song revolves around the film's main actor being dumped by his girlfriend; the song is sung by the character in a drunken state, with many of the lines nonsensical. According to the composer, 3's director Aishwarya R. Dhanush wanted a light-hearted song about failed love. Ravichander quickly composed the tune in about 10 minutes.
The remaining songs of the album were released in December 2011 and also won very positive reviews from critics. A reviewer from Behindwoods.com noted: "Anirudh Ravichander has delivered so much variety in his very first album. Such a promising debut by a composer hasn't been seen in recent Tamil cinema history", while Rediff.com's reviewer noted that "all the songs in 3 are good and come with appealing instrumental arrangements", concluding that it was "an intriguing collection." Anirudh also received praise for his background score in the film. He consequently went on to gain recognition for the film through accolades, notably the Vijay Award for Best Find of the Year as well as nominations at the South Indian International Movie Awards and the 60th Filmfare Awards South. He also worked on the Telugu dubbed version of the film. Anirudh teamed up with Dhanush soon after to produce a Kolaveri-inspired track titled "Sachin anthem" commemorating Sachin Tendulkar in association with the health drink, Boost.
2013–2015: Continued success
Next, he sang and composed a single for David – a multi-starrer directed by Bejoy Nambiar; "Kanave Kanave" in Tamil. The album also opened to very positive reviews, with a critic noting: Anirudh's song was "the pick of the album". His next album was Ethir Neechal, which won positive reviews. Behindwoods.com noted "the album does well to consolidate Anirudh's sensational debut". Anirudh introduced rappers Yo Yo Honey Singh and Adhi of Hiphop Tamizha into Tamil film music. Similarly, the background music of the film was praised with a reviewer noting that Anirudh "certainly proved his mettle yet again with his exceptional music." Moreover, Sony Music India released the complete background score of Ethir Neechal via YouTube owing to its popularity. His next soundtrack, Vanakkam Chennai released in July 2013, and reached top spot in iTunes India Top Album category within a few days of its release. Prior to release, Anirudh had revealed that it was his "best work til date", and the composer featured as a vocalist in six of the seven songs in the film. For the song "Oh Penne", he roped in Vishal Dadlani for the first time in Tamil music, while a promotional international version was also recorded featuring British singer Arjun. Another promotional song, "Chennai City Gangster", saw him collaborate again with Adhi of Hiphop Tamizha and British Indian rapper Hard Kaur, with the trio also featuring in a music video for the film. A critic from Behindwoods noted: "Anirudh exploded onto the Tamil music scene with a hat-trick". His background music for the film was well received by reviewers. In September 2013, he was signed on to compose the background score for Selvaraghavan's fantasy film Irandam Ulagam, after Harris Jayaraj had opted out. Anirudh noted his happiness at working with Selvaraghavan early in his career, despite being called up as a replacement and subsequently recorded for the film in Budapest. The film opened to mixed reviews and became a box office disaster, but Anirudh's work received a positive response.
Anirudh's next release Velaiyilla Pattathari, featured veteran singer S. Janaki, Dhanush and Anirudh, and won positive reviews upon release in February 2014. while adding "in all, the album is soulful, lively and truly Anirudh". The film subsequently became a blockbuster at the box office, with Anirudh's work in re-recording also receiving critical acclaim and won the Filmfare award for best music director; Rediff.com stated he "has created magic once again", while Behindwoods.com noted his "BGM lifts all manner of scenes". His next film was Maan Karate, starring one of his close friends, Sivakarthikeyan. This album topped the iTunes chart within a few days of release. This album is a perfect mix of different genres, be it a lovely breezy ‘Un Vizhigalil’ song or ‘Royapuram Peter Kuthu’ vibe, its truly a treat. Maan Karate's soundtrack released shortly after and also won favourable reviews from critics. The film opened to mixed reviews, but became a box office success, with a critic from Rediff.com praising that "Anirudh has proved once again that he understands the pulse of the youngsters. In fact, the BGM and sound tracks in the film, make the film appear more exciting than it actually is."
A.R. Murugadoss then signed him on to compose music for Kaththi, starring Vijay, becoming Anirudh's highest profile album until he was signed to compose music for Superstar Rajinikanth's Petta in 2018. He composed the film's theme music within four days of signing, and also went on to collaborate again on songs with Adhi of Hip Hop Tamizha and Vishal Dadlani. Moreover, Anirudh recorded songs with veteran singers K. J. Yesudas and Vijay for the first time in his career, while he also created a "love kuthu" song "Selfie Pulla" to be sung by the film's lead actor Vijay and Sunidhi Chauhan, which became a big hit. The album received positive reviews from critics and topped the iTunes India Charts. Durgesh Haridas of The Indian Express stated: "The OST is arguably the best for a Vijay movie in recent times and Anirudh's variety and experimentation is helping him establishing himself as one of Kollywood's top music makers.", and labelled "Selfie Pulla" as "a number that even kids will be humming." adding that the song "doesn't disappoint". His work for re-recording also won acclaim, with a critic noting: "Anirudh's music and BGM reaches a new level", while the film went on to become one of the highest grossers in Tamil films history and he won several accolades for his work in the album Kaththi.
For the third time, Anirudh collaborated with his close friend Sivakarthikeyan for the film Kaaki Sattai, produced by Dhanush under his production company. The album received mostly positive reviews and boosted the streak of Anirudh. In early 2013, it was announced that Anirudh would make his acting debut in Vignesh Shivan's Naanum Rowdydhaan, after selecting it from twenty other scripts he had heard. However, production work stalled, with Anirudh noting that he will give priority to a career in music composing and agreed to work on the soundtrack for the film, now featuring Vijay Sethupathi. Furthermore, he signed on to compose music for a film made by and featuring newcomers; Aakko, with initial publicity posters for the film featuring solely on Anirudh's status as the movie's composer. Anirudh scored music for Maari, which was another project with Dhanush. The music received positive reviews, with the song "Don'u Don'u Don'u" becoming exceptionally popular. He also received critical acclaim for his work in the Vijay Sethupathi starrer Naanum Rowdydhaan, leading him to receive many accolades for his achievement in the film. He released a single from the movie Aako on Valentine's Day in 2015 of the name "Ennakenna Yaarum Illaiye". He also scored his first Ajith Kumar film in Vedalam, directed by Siva. Anirudh's music received mixed reviews, however, the song "Aaluma Doluma", which uses North Madras slang, became very popular Anirudh concluded the year with Thangamagan, starring Dhanush which also received positive reviews for his music.
On Valentine's eve in 2016, he released a single dedicated to lovers, a song titled "Avalukena", under the banner of Sony Music. After a short break, Anirudh released a single from Rum in April 2016; "Hola Amigo". In May 2016, Anirudh signed a deal with Sony Music India. As per the deal, from here on, the independent albums and live concerts of Anirudh will be published and promoted by the global giant. Music giant Sony music presented a multi-platinum disc plaque for his successful collaborations with Sony Anirudh again teamed up with Sivakarthikeyan For Remo. The album featured 8 tracks, with Behindwoods and Indiaglitz crediting "Remo's music is definitely a cupid's arrow from Anirudh" and "Some beats, a little melody, and a whole lot of fun, Remo is soulful jukebox", it became one of his album topping the iTunes charts. Then, on 12 November 2016, he launched the audio of his cousin Hrishikesh's horror flick Rum. In late 2017, Anirudh launched the first single "Surviva" and became fastest Tamil song to get 1 million streams, this track saw the comeback of Yogi B back to the Tamil music. Anirudh launched the next single, "Thalai Viduthalai". It was written by director Siva and sung by Anirudh and Harish Swaminathan. Anirudh used the "Death Metal" first time in kollywood for this track. This song was also considered a tribute to the ultimate star Ajith Kumar, who had completed 25 years in the Tamil film industry. After a HipHop and Death Metal, the third single was a romantic classical fusion; "Kadhalaada", featuring Pradeep Kumar and Sasha Tripathi. Anirudh launched the complete album with 4 other tracks. The English song "Never Give Up" featuring Raja Kumari. The album was topping iTunes, Saavn and other digital platforms, its completely an international album. He again teamed up with Sivakarthikeyan, it was their 5th collaboration. He has experimented with genre and given variety in the album. It has a kuthu vibe Karuthavanlaam Galeejam expressing about colour and caste, sung by Anirudh himself. A romantic melody track Iraiva which features Anirudh and Jonita Gandhi, the track breaks into two genres it starts as a soft melody expressing love, then suddenly enter into a metal genre. Another melody Idhayane by Neeti Mohan and Anirudh. Vaa Velaikkara song sung by Shakthishree Gopalan, Bjorn Surrao is offbeat, and an introduction to trance-psychedelic music. It has a motivational track Ezhu Velaikkara sung by Siddharth Mahadevan. It's overall a catchy emotional album' A Hindi pop music video Bewajah, composed by Anirudh and sung by Anirudh, Irene and Srinidhi Venkatesh, which is also India's first ever vertical video was released by Sony Music India. The video features a love-torn duo whose romance is narrated through animated movie posters. The song became an instant hit etching several million views.
In 2018, he made his Telugu debut with Agnyaathavaasi, which has 6 tracks, a fast-paced massy introductory track Dhaga Dhagamaney sung by Anirudh himself, a sweet melody Baitikochi Chuste song ruled by the guitar chords and enchanting flute, It was an instant hit among youngsters with its quirky lyrics and a catchy foot-tapping tune, Gaali Vaaluga sung by Anirudh was also instant hit among music lovers. Niranjana Raman has sung a beautiful classical number, Swagatham Krishna, the inclusion of the guitars and synths gives an enchanting experience throughout the track. Nakash Aziz has crooned peppy number AB Yevaro Nee Baby and Pawan Kalyan has sung a folk number Kodakaa Koteswar Rao. The whole album has been received well. His BGM received praises for his fresh sound. Next, he composed for Suriya's Thaanaa Serndha Koottam, which was a remake of Special 26. The song "Sodakku" was an instant hit among the masses. After that, he composed for Nayanthara's Kolamavu Kokila, which was well received and was praised for being unique. The song "Gun Kadhal" became popular among Anirudh fans. On 10 December, the full album for Rajinikanth's Petta was released by Anirudh. His next project was Nani's Telugu film Jersey, which is directed by Gowtam Tinnanuri. He later appeared in Gang Leader which was directed by Vikram K Kumar. This marked his second collaboration with Nani. After that he appeared in Darbar, which was directed by AR Murugadoss.
- The films are listed in order of music release, regardless of the dates of film release.
- The year next to the super of the indicated films indicates the release year of the either dubbed or remade version in the named language later than the original version.
- • indicates original language release. Indicates simultaneous makes, if featuring in more languages
- * indicates a guest composer of the film released
- # indicates a dubbed version of the film released without the dubbed soundtrack
|Year||Tamil||Other Languages||Dubbed Releases||Notes||Music Label|
|2012||Ethir Neechal||Naa Love Story Modalaindi (Telugu)||Cameo appearance in "Local Boys"||Sony Music India|
|2013||David*||''David (Telugu)||1 Song||T-Series|
Reliance Big Music
|Vanakkam Chennai||Sony Music India|
|Irandaam Ulagam*||Varnaa (Telugu)||2+1 songs and background score||Sony Music India|
|2014||Velaiyilla Pattathari||Raghuvaran, BTech (Telugu)||Wunderbar Studios|
|Maan Karate||Cameo appearance in "Open The Tasmac".||Sony Music India|
|Kaththi||Kaththi (Telugu), Kaththi (Malayalam),||Eros Music|
|Kaaki Sattai||Wunderbar Studios|
|2015||Maari||Maass (Telugu), Maari (Malayalam)||Cameo appearance in "Maari Thara Local"||Sony Music India|
|Naanum Rowdydhaan||Nenu Rowdy Ne (Telugu)||Wunderbar Studios|
|Vedalam||Aavesam (Telugu), Vedalam (Malayalam)||Sony Music India|
|Thanga Magan||Nava Manmadhudu (Telugu)||Sony Music India|
|2016||Remo||Remo (Telugu)||Sony Music India|
|Rum||Manthri Gari Bangla (Telugu)||Sony Music India|
|2017||Vivegam||Vivekam (Telugu), Commando (Kannada)||Sony Music India|
|Velaikkaran||Sony Music India|
|2018||Agnyaathavaasi • (Telugu)||Telugu Debut||Aditya Music|
|Thaanaa Serndha Koottam||Gang (Telugu)||Sony Music India|
|CoCo (Kolamaavu Kokila)||Zee Music Company|
|Petta||Petta (Telugu)||Sony Music India|
|2019||Jersey • (Telugu)||1 song made in Tamil||Zee Music Company|
|Thumbaa*||Thumbaa (Telugu, Malayalam) Thumbaa # (Hindi)||1 song only||Sony Music India|
|Nani's Gang Leader • (Telugu)||Special Appearance in "Gang-u leader" song||Sony Music India|
|2020||Darbar||Darbar (Hindi, Telugu, Malayalam)||Divo|
|Dharala Prabhu*||1 song only; reused from Nani's Gang Leader||Sony Music India|
|Master||Sony Music India|
Independent work and music videos
|Sachin Anthem||Tamil||Promotional video as an ode to Sachin Tendulkar for health drink company Boost|
|2013||Chennai City Gangsta||Tamil||with Hiphop Tamizha, Hard Kaur & Country Chicken||Promotional video for Vanakkam Chennai movie|
|2014||Chancey Illa||Tamil||Promotional video for the city connect campaign by Times of India|
|2015||Enakenna Yaarum Illaye||Tamil||Single from Aakko Released on Valentine's Day|
|2016||Avalukena||Tamil||with Srinidhi Venkatesh||Single for Valentine's Day|
|Damkutla Dumkutla||Tamil||with Shabareesh Varma||Promotional track of Tamil Nadu Premier League Anthem|
|Cold Water Diwali Edition||English||Remix of Major Lazer-Cold Water (feat. Justin Bieber & MØ)|
|Sirikkadhey||Tamil||with Arjun Kanungo & Srinidhi Venkatesh||Promotional video for Remo movie|
|2017||Onnume Aagala||Tamil||with Mali Manoj||Single for Valentine's Day|
|Iraiva & Uyire||Tamil||with Jonita Gandhi||Promotional video for Velaikkaran movie|
|Gaali Vaaluga||Telugu||Tribute to PSPK|
|2018||Julie (free play)||Tamil||Single for Valentine's Day|
|Orey Oru||Tamil||with Jonita Gandhi||Promotional song for Kolamavu Kokila|
|Karma Theme||Tamil,Telugu||Promotional song for U Turn|
|Going to America||English||with Anthony Daasan & Nucleya||Promotional song for TotaMyna|
|GumOn Groove||Tanglish||Promotional song for GumOn in collaboration with Sony Music India|
As a playback singer
|2012||3||"Come on Girls"|
|2013||Ethir Neechal||"Boomi Ennai", "Un Paarvayil", " Ethir Neechal"|
|Vanakkam Chennai||"Chennai City", "Engadi Porandha", " Ailasa Ailasa", "Osaka", "Oh Penne"|
|Irandaam Ulagam||"Penne Naa Enna Solla", "Iravinil Oruvanai", "Un Kaadhal Ingu Unmaiya"|
|Backbench Student||Telugu||"Sachin Tendulkar Back Bencher"||Composed by Sunil Kashyap|
|2014||Velaiyilla Pattathari||"Velaiyilla Pattathari", "Udhungada Sangu", " What a Karuvaad", "Ey Inga Paaru"|
|Maan Karate||"Maanja", "Open The Tasmac", "Un Vizhigalil"|
|Vadacurry||"Low Aana Life-u"||Composed by Vivek-Mervin|
|Vaalu||"Hey Vasamoakka"||Composed by S.Thaman|
|Yennamo Yedho||"Nee Yenna Periya Appatakkaraa ?"||Composed by D.Imman|
|Kaththi||"Pakkam Vanthu", "Aathi",|
|Kaaki Sattai||"Kadhal Kan Kattudhe", "I'm So Cool", " Shake That", "Trooper Theme"|
|2015||I||"Mersalaayiten","Mersalaayiten (Remix)"||Composed by A. R. Rahman|
|Romeo Juliet||"Dandanakka"||Composed by D. Imman|
|Premam||Malayalam||"Rockankuthu"||Composed by Rajesh Murugesan|
|Palakkattu Madhavan||"Uchi Mela"||Composed by Srikanth Deva|
|Demonte Colony||"Vaada Vaa Machi"||Composed by Keba Jeremiah|
|Maari||"Maari Thara Local", "Don'u Don'u Don'u"|
|Pugazh||"Naanga Podiyan"||Composed by Vivek-Mervin|
|Jwalantham||Kannada||"Tamate Tamate"||Composed by Vikram Subramanya|
|Vil Ambu||"Aale Saachuputta Kannale"||Composed by Naveen|
|Saahasam||"Oh Madhu"||Composed by S. Thaman|
|Naanum Rowdydhaan||"Thangamey", "Neeyum Naanum", " Yennai Maatrum Kadhale", "Varavaa Varavaa"|
|Vedalam||"Aaluma Doluma", "The Theri Theme", "Veera Vinayaka"|
|Jil Jung Juk||"Shoot The Kuruvi"||Composed by Vishal Chandrasekhar|
|Thanga Magan||"Tak Bak"|
|2016||Sethupathi||"Hey Mama"||Composed by Nivas K. Prasanna|
|Kanithan||"Yappa Chappa"||Composed by Sivamani|
|Zero||"Uyire Un Uyirena"||Composed by Nivas K. Prasanna|
|Mappillai Singam||"Edhuku Machan Kadhalu"||Composed by N.R.Ragunathan|
|Thozha||"Thozhaa"||Composed by Gopi Sunder|
|Manal Kayiru 2||"Adiye Thangamatanya"||Composed by Dharan Kumar|
|Manithan||"Munsellada"||Composed by Santhosh Narayanan|
|Marudhu||"Akka Petha Jakkavandi"||Composed by D. Imman|
|Remo||"Remo Nee Kadhalan", "Senjitaley", "Meesa Beauty", "Tamilselvi", "Veshangalil Poiyillai (Additional Song)"|
|Remo||Telugu||"Remo Nee Styleki", "Kollegottey"|
|2017||Enakku Vaaitha Adimaigal||"Ondroduthan Ondroga"||Composed by Santhosh Dhayanidhi|
|Bogan||"Damaalu Dumeelu"||Composed by D. Imman|
|Rum||"Holá Amigö", "Peiyophobilia", "Kadavulae Vidai (Reprise)","Hola Senorita"|
|Shivalinga||"Rangu Rakkara"||Composed by Thaman S|
|Dora||"Ra Ra Ra"||Composed by Vivek-Mervin|
|Simba||"Marandhadhae"||Composed by Vishal Chandrasekhar|
|Neruppu Da||"Karukku Kallangolu"||Composed by Sean Roldan|
|Sangili Bungili Kadhava Thorae||"Hai En Kai Mela"||Composed by Vishal Chandrasekhar|
|Rangoon||Foreign return||Composed by Vishal Chandrasekhar|
|Vivegam||"Surviva", Thalai Viduthalai, Kadhalaada (Reprise)|
|Vikram Vedha||"Yaanji"||Composed by Sam C. S.|
|Katha Nayagan||"On Nenappu"||Composed by Sean Roldan.|
|Balloon||"Shut Up Pannunga Titbit","Shut Up Pannunga"||composed by Yuvan Shankar Raja|
|Agnyaathavaasi||Telugu||"Baitikochi Chuste", "Gaali Vaaluga", "Dhaga Dhagamaney"|
|Thaana Serndha Kootam||"Naana Thaana", "Enge Endru Povadhu", "Thaana Serntha Kootam Title song"|
|Velaikkaran||"Karuthavanlaam Galeejaam", "Iraiva". "Uyire", "Idhayane"|
|Sakka Podu Podu Raja||"Kalakku Machan"||composed by Silambarasan|
|Gulaebaghavali||"Guleba"||composed by Vivek-Mervin|
|2018||Kolamavu Kokila||"Kalyana Vayasu", "Orey Oru", "Thittam Poda Theriyala"|
|NOTA||"Raja Raja Kula"||Composed by Sam C. S.|
|Kanaa||"Othayadi Paathaiyila"||Composed by Dhibu Ninan Thomas|
|Party||"Kanampoochi"||Composed by Premgi Amaren|
|Ezhumin||"Ezhu Ezhu"||Composed by Ganesh Chandrasekaran|
|2019||Petta||"Marana Mass", "Ilamai Thirumbuthe", "Petta Paraak"|
|Ispade Rajavum Idhaya Raniyum||"Kanamma"||Composed by Sam C. S.|
|Jersey||Telugu||"Adhento Gaani Vunnapaatuga", "Padhe Padhe", "Aarambhame Le"|
|Mr.Local||"Takkunu Takkunu"||Composed by Hiphop Tamizha|
|Ayogya||"Kanne Kanne"||Composed by Sam C.S.|
|Saaho||Tamil, Telugu||"Kadhal Psycho", "Psycho Saiyaan"||Composed by Tanishk Bagchi|
|Sixer||"Baa Baa Black Sheep"||Composed by Ghibran|
|Gang Leader||Telugu||"Gang-u Leader" , "Hoyna Hoyna"|
|Namma Veetu Pillai||"GaandaKannazhagi"||Composed by D. Imman|
|Puppy||"Superstar song"||Composed by Dharan Kumar|
|Sangathamizhan||"Sandakaari Neethan"||Composed by Vivek-Mervin|
|Vennila Kabaddi Kuzhu 2||"Tiruvizha"||Composed by V. Selvaganesh|
|Dhanusu Raasi Neyargale||"I Want A Girl"||Composed by Ghibran|
|Oh My Kadavule||"Friendship Anthem"||Composed by Leon James|
|Capmaari||"Ummunu Irukkanum Usupethuna"||Composed by Siddharth Vipin|
|Pattas||"Jigidi Killaadi"||Composed by Vivek-Mervin|
|2020||Darbar||"Chumma Kizhi", "Thani Vazhi", "Tharam Maara"|
|Kannum Kannum Kollaiyadithaal||"Yelo Pullelo"||Composed by Masala Coffee|
|Dharala Prabhu||"Dharala Prabhu"|
|Ranga||"Theeramal"||Composed by Ramjeevan|
|Master||"Vaathi Coming", "Vaathi Raid", "Kutti Story","Quit Pannuda"|
|Bhoomi||"Thamizhan Endru Sollada"|
|2012||Filmfare Awards South||Best Music Director||3||Nominated|
|Vijay Awards||Favourite Song||Nominated|
|Best Find of the Year||Won|
|Best Music Director||Nominated|
|2nd South Indian International Movie Awards||Best Music Director||Nominated|
|Sensational Music Director||Won|
|Edison Awards||Best Music Director||Won|
|2013||Edison Awards||Best Music Director||Vanakkam Chennai||Won|
|Filmfare Awards South||Best Music Director||Nominated|
|Vijay Awards||Favourite Song||Nominated|
|Best Music Director||Nominated|
|3rd South Indian International Movie Awards||Best Music Director||Won|
|Best Male Playback Singer||Nominated|
|Behindwoods Gold Medal||Best Music Director||Vanakkam Chennai, Ethirneechal||Won|
|2014||Edison Awards||Best Music Director||Kaththi||Won|
|Filmfare Awards South||Best Music Director||Nominated|
|Vijay Awards||Best Music Director||Won|
|Best Background Score||Nominated|
|4th South Indian International Movie Awards||Best Music Director||Won|
|4th South Indian International Movie Awards||Most Streamed Song – Tamil||Velaiilla Pattadhari||Won|
|1st IIFA Utsavam||Best Music Director||Kaththi||Won|
|2015||5th South Indian International Movie Awards||Best Music Director||Naanum Rowdy Dhaan||Won|
|5th South Indian International Movie Awards||Best Male Playback Singer||Won|
|Edison Awards||Best Background Score||Vedalam||Won|
|2nd IIFA Utsavam||Playback Singer – Male||Naanum Rowdy Dhaan||Won|
|2016||Edison Awards||Best Music Director||Remo||Won|
|64th Filmfare Awards South||Best Music Director||Nominated|
|64th Filmfare Awards South||Best Playback Singer-Male||Nominated|
|6th South Indian International Movie Awards||Best Singer Male||Won|
|6th South Indian International Movie Awards||Best Music Director||Nominated|
|2017||BehindWoods MS Vishwanathan Gold Medal For Next Gen Music Director||Best Music Director||Won|
|Social Media Summit and Awards (SMSA) (from Government of AP)||Music Sensation on Social Media||Won|
|Ananda Vikatan Cinema Awards||Best Playback Singer Male||Karuthavanlaam Galeejam from Velaikkaran, Yaanji Yaanji from Vikram Vedha||Won|
|Edison Awards||Best music director||Velaikaran||Won|
|2018||Vijay Awards||Best Male Playback Singer||Iraivaa from Velaikkaran||Won|
|2019||8th South Indian International Movie Awards||Best Male Playback Singer||'Kalyana Vayasu' from Kolamavu Kokila||Nominated|
|8th South Indian International Movie Awards||Best Music Director||Kolamavu Kokila||Won|
|2020||Zee Cine Awards Tamil||Best Music Director||Petta||Won|
This section needs additional citations for verification. (September 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|2011||UK Music Academy Awards for Most World Popular Music Director for the film 3|
|Best Indian of the Year award for the film 3 honored by Government of India|
|Government of Uttar Pradesh award for Best New talent music director for the film 3|
|2012||New York Best New Music Talent Award for "Ai Dil Mere" (Promotional track for MTV's Rush)|
|Mirchi Listeners' Choice – Album of the Year Mirchi Music Awards South for the film 3|
|2016||Cinema Express Award – Best Music Director for Naanum Rowdy Dhaan|
|Mirchi Music Awards Tamil for the best Music composer, Song of the Year, Album of the year for Naanum Rowdy Dhaan|
|Provoke Lifestyle Awards – Best Music Director 2015–2016|
|2017||Pride of Tamil Nadu 2017 awards|
|Audi Ritz Style Awards -South India's Most Admired Musical Prodigy Award|
|Social Media Icon award at the Global Mobile Apps Summit & Awards|
- "Anirudh Ravichander – Movies, Photos, Filmography, biography, Wallpapers, Videos, Fan Club". OneIndia. Retrieved 14 September 2013.
- "Music composer Anirudh Ravichander celebrates his 27th birthday today, October 16, 2017". 16 October 2017. Retrieved 1 February 2018.
- "Anirudh Ravichander Awards: List of awards and nominations received by Anirudh Ravichander | Times of India Entertainment". timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 9 June 2020.
- Marur, Deeksha (21 November 2011). "Kolaveri Di goes viral". The Times of India. Retrieved 20 November 2011.
- "After S Janaki, Anirudh ropes in Yesudas! – Times of India".
- "Anirudh Ravichander inks a deal with Sony Music". India Today. 13 May 2016. Retrieved 1 February 2018.
- "Anirudh Ravichander brings an Indian twist to 'Cold Water'". Retrieved 1 February 2018.
- Dutt, Purba; Prabhakar, Jyothi (15 February 2018). "Chennai Times Most Desirable Man 2017: Anirudh". The Times of India. Retrieved 30 May 2020.
- "Kolaveri has changed my life, says Anirudh Ravichander". Deccan Chronicle. 7 December 2011. Retrieved 7 December 2011.
- Raghavan, Nikhil (3 November 2012). "High notes". The Hindu.
- "Anirudh Ravichander is the shining star of music". Retrieved 1 February 2018.
- Malini Shankaran (27 November 2011). "I didn't expect such a big break: Anirudh". The Times of India. TNN. Retrieved 14 September 2013.
- "Kolaveri is the most searched video". The Times of India. 21 November 2011. Retrieved 23 November 2011.
- "Danush's '3 – Why this kolaveri di' a smashing hit – Video". KollyInsider. 19 November 2011. Retrieved 19 November 2011.
- Ramadurai, Charukesi (24 November 2011). "Tamil 'nonsense' film song goes viral in India". BBC. Retrieved 10 December 2011.
- "Here's how the Kolaveri Da song happened!". Rediff.com. 28 November 2011. Retrieved 28 December 2011.
- "Kolaveri bags YouTube Gold Award", Shows Bollywood website, 7 December 2011, archived from the original on 17 September 2014, retrieved 15 July 2013
- "Kolaveri bags YouTube Gold Award". 7 December 2011. Sify. Retrieved 7 December 2011.
- Kamath, Sudhish (23 November 2011). "Why this 'Why this Kolaveri'?". The Hindu. Archived from the original on 24 November 2011. Retrieved 29 November 2011.
- "Review: 3's music is more than Kolaveri Di". Rediff. 26 December 2011. Retrieved 14 September 2013.
- "3 MUSIC REVIEW". Behindwoods. Retrieved 14 September 2013.
- "Dhanush, Samantha win top honours at Vijay Awards". The Times of India. Indo-Asian News Service. 13 May 2013. Retrieved 14 September 2013.
- "Anirudh works on Hindi '3'". IndiaGlitz. 17 February 2012. Retrieved 14 September 2013.
- Deeksha Marur (22 March 2012). "Anirudh Ravichander wants to work with Pitbull". The Times of India. TNN. Retrieved 14 September 2013.
- Srinivasa Ramanujam (8 February 2012). "Dhanush releases Sachin song!". The Times of India. TNN. Retrieved 14 September 2013.
- "'David' Tamil Music Review: The soundtrack boasts of trendsetting music". CNN-IBN. 15 January 2013. Retrieved 14 September 2013.
- "David Music Review david, Vikram, Jiiva". Behindwoods. 3 January 2013. Retrieved 14 September 2013.
- "Ethir Neechal Songs Review". Behindwoods. Retrieved 22 April 2013.
- "Review: Ethir Neechal is an absolute delight". Rediff. 3 May 2013. Retrieved 14 September 2013.
- "Trend-setting move by Sony Music and Anirudh, anirudh, ethir neechal". Behindwoods. 9 May 2013. Retrieved 14 September 2013.
- Audio beat: Vanakkam Chennai – Take a welcome break. The Hindu (10 August 2013). Retrieved 17 January 2014. Finally caught in Blue Film
- Vanakkam Chennai Songs Review Vanakkam Chennai, Anirudh, Shiva. Behindwoods.com (27 July 2013). Retrieved 17 January 2014.
- Review: Vanakkam Chennai is a feel-good love story – Rediff.com Movies. Rediff.com (11 October 2013). Retrieved 17 January 2014.
- Anirudh and Selvaraghavan off to Budapest, Hungary to record the Symphony for Irandam Ulagam aka Ira. Behindwoods.com (30 September 2013). Retrieved 17 January 2014.
- Movie Review : Irandam Ulagam. Sify.com. Retrieved 17 January 2014.
- "Velaiyilla Pattathari (aka) Velai Illa Pattathari songs review". behindwoods.com.
- "VELAIYILLA PATTATHARI SONGS REVIEW". Behindwoods. 14 February 2014. Archived from the original on 5 October 2014. Retrieved 21 February 2014.
- "Velaiyilla Pattathari – Trend setter". Indiaglitz. 14 February 2014. Archived from the original on 6 October 2014. Retrieved 17 February 2014.
- "Velaiyilla Pattathari (aka) Velai Illa Pattathari review". behindwoods.com.
- "Review: Velaiyilla Pattadhari is pure entertainment".
- "Maan Karate team meets the press over audio success". behindwoods.com.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 9 April 2014. Retrieved 9 April 2014.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "AR Murugadoss opens up on 'Kaththi'". Sify. 26 June 2014. Archived from the original on 21 August 2014. Retrieved 16 August 2014.
- Nicy V. P. (20 September 2014). "'Kaththi' Music Review Roundup: Anirudh Strikes Again". International Business Times. Archived from the original on 20 September 2014. Retrieved 20 September 2014.
- "'Kaththi' on top and trending!". Behindwoods. 18 September 2014. Archived from the original on 18 September 2014. Retrieved 18 September 2014.
- Haridas, Durgesh (18 September 2014). "Music Review: Ilayathalapathy Vijay's 'Kaththi' cuts across to top charts". The Indian Express. Archived from the original on 18 September 2014. Retrieved 18 September 2014.
- "Review : (2014)". sify.com.
- Ians (3 November 2014). "'Kaththi' crosses Rs. 100 crore mark". The Hindu.
- "Gautham Menon to give a dream launch for Anirudh?, Gautham, Anirudh Ravichander". Behindwoods. 7 April 2013. Retrieved 14 September 2013.
- The first look of Aakko features only Anirudh. Behindwoods.com (1 January 2014). Retrieved 17 January 2014.
- "Maari (aka) Maarri songs review". Behindwoods.
- "Naanum Rowdy Dhaan (aka) Naanum Rowdy Thaan songs review". Behindwoods.
- "Vedalam (aka) Vedhalam songs review". Behindwoods.
- "Thala Ajith makes Tamil cinema history with 'Vedalam' box office collections & Updates at Daily News & Analysis". 11 November 2015. Retrieved 1 February 2018.
- "Thangamagan (aka) Thanga Magan songs review". Behindwoods.
- "Anirudh Ravichander inks a deal with Sony Music".
- "Sony Music signs on Anirudh Ravichander".
- "Sony Music presents multi-platinum disc plaque to Anirudh – KOLLY TALK". 13 May 2016. Retrieved 1 February 2018.
- "REMO (aka) REMO Movie songs review". Behindwoods. Retrieved 1 February 2018.
- "Remo Music review songs lyrics – IndiaGlitz.com". Retrieved 1 February 2018.
- South, Sony Music. "They surely know how to create chartbusters! The songs of #Remo are topping iTunes charts". Retrieved 1 February 2018.[non-primary source needed]
- "Surviva single from Vivegam crosses 1 million streams in less than 10 days". 27 June 2017. Retrieved 1 February 2018.
- kaushik. "#1 on iTunes Charts ...@anirudhofficialpic.twitter.com/NxM1pnsTOr". Retrieved 1 February 2018.[non-primary source needed]
- "Vivegam (aka) Vivekam Songs review". 7 August 2017. Retrieved 1 February 2018.
- "Velaikkaran (aka) Vellaikkaran songs review". Behindwoods. Retrieved 1 February 2018.
- "Velaikkaran music review: Anirudh Ravichander strikes gold with this catchy, emotional album- Entertainment News, Firstpost". Retrieved 1 February 2018.
- Staff, Scroll. "Watch: A love story told through film posters in vertical music video 'Bewajah'". Retrieved 1 February 2018.
- "Anirudh's Bewajah is an instant hit". 13 November 2017. Retrieved 1 February 2018.
- "Agnyaathavaasi (aka) Agnyaatha Vaasi songs review". Behindwoods. Retrieved 1 February 2018.
- "Angyaathavaasi music review: Anirudh Ravichander's debut Telugu album meets expectations". 19 December 2017. Retrieved 1 February 2018.
- "Agnyaathavasi review. Agnyaathavasi Telugu movie review, story, rating – IndiaGlitz.com". Retrieved 1 February 2018.
- Hooli, Shekhar H. "Agnyaathavaasi (Agnathavasi) movie review: Pawan Kalyan-Trivikram combo rocks again". Retrieved 1 February 2018.
- "Anirudh – Behindwoods Gold Medal Winner 2013 – Best Music for Vanakkam Chennai and Ethir Neechal – Behindwoods Tamil Film Awards". behindwoods.com.
- "Music director Anirudh wins MSV next generation musician award at BGM 2017". 27 July 2017.
- StartAP. "Social Media Summit and Awards 2017". smsummit.in. Archived from the original on 22 November 2017. Retrieved 1 February 2018.
- "Deepika, Rana, Anirudh and RJ Balaji honoured".
- "Mirchi Music Awards South 2016 Full Show Live & Winners List". updatebro.com.
- "Provoke Lifestyle Awards".
- "Pride of Tamil Nadu awards presented". The Hindu. 20 March 2017.
- "Game changer Anirudh wins hearts with South India's Most Admired Musical Prodigy Award at Audi Ritz Style Awards. – RITZ". 13 March 2017.
- "Anirudh wins the Social Media Icon award – Times of India".
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Anirudh Ravichander.|