||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (August 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Mansour was born in Al-Mansoura on 18 August 1924. He obtained his BA in philosophy at Cairo University in 1947 and started his journalistic career. He joined the staff of the newspaper Al Asas, later joining many other newspapers and magazines such as Rose al-Yousef and Al-Ahram. He served as the editor-in-chief of the magazine Akher Saa from 1970 to 1976. He became the editor-in-chief of the October magazine in 1976.
Anis wrote more than 170 books on many subjects, some of which were translated into French, Dutch and Russian. He translated about 200 short stories and more than 20 plays into Arabic. He introduced Alberto Moravia to the Arabic literature by being the first to translate his works. His most famous book is "حول العالم في 200 يوم : الحائز على جائزة الدولية / Ḥawla al-ʻālam fī 200 yawm : al-ḥāʼiz ʻalá jāʼizah al-dawlīyah", ("Around the World in 200 days")  which documented his actual journey around the world in the early 1960s. The book details many facts and traditions of the countries he visited, including India, Japan and the United States, as well as his meeting with the Dalai Lama.
- Deutsche Nationalbibliotek[permanent dead link]
- Tarek, Sherif (21 October 2011). "Veteran writer Anis Mansour succumbs to pneumonia at 87". Ahram Online. Retrieved 21 October 2011.
- Ahmad Zaki Osman (29 October 2011). "Politics and culture in the life of Anis Mansour". Egypt Independent. Retrieved 5 October 2014.
- Mohamed Al Shinawi (22 October 2011). "Anis Mansour dies at 87". Arab Today. Retrieved 5 October 2014.
- Who's Who in the Arab World 2007-2008. Walter de Gruyter. 1 January 2007. p. 530. ISBN 978-3-11-093004-7. Retrieved 5 October 2014.
- William B. Quandt (1988). The Middle East: Ten Years After Camp David. Brookings Institution Press. p. 19. ISBN 0-8157-2052-1.
- WorldCat Identities
- المكتب المصري الحديث، [Cairo] : al-Maktab al-Miṣrī al-Ḥadīth, 1998. ISBN 978-977-13-6063-6 WorldCat
- في صالون العقاد كانت لنا أيام / Fī ṣālūn al-ʻAqqād kānat la-nā ayyām by منصور، أنيس. أنيس منصور (biography) OCLC 10896814
- البقية في حياتي! : لوحات تذكارية على جدران الطفولة / al-Baqīyah fī ḥayātī : lawḥāt tadhkārīyah ʻalá judrān al-ṭufūlah by أنيس منصور. أنيس منصور OCLC 27226307