|Born||Anita Louise Barone
September 25, 1964
St. Louis, Missouri, U.S.
Life and career
Barone was born in St. Louis, Missouri. She earned her BFA from the University of Detroit Mercy, followed by an MFA from Wayne State University where she was taught by director/professor Robert T. Hazzard.
Barone appeared in the fourth-season Seinfeld episode "The Shoes" as Gail Cunningham, a chef who wanted Elaine Benes' shoes. In the early 1990s, she was a regular cast member of Carol & Company with actress Carol Burnett. Barone also played Carol Willick, Ross Geller's ex-wife, in the character's first appearance in Friends. She left the show as she wanted to pursue a more full-time role; she was replaced by Jane Sibbett. She starred on The Jeff Foxworthy Show for the first season (1995–1996) and in The War at Home from 2005 to 2007. In 2000, Barone also co-starred in the sitcom Daddio.
Barone's other television credits include Curb Your Enthusiasm, Quantum Leap, Empty Nest, Chicago Hope, Castle, Do Not Disturb, Ally McBeal, Caroline in the City, Party of Five and The Larry Sanders Show.
In 2004, she was the recipient of the 2005 Methodfest Best Supporting Actress Award for her work in feature film, One Last Ride.
In 2010, three years after The War at Home ended its run, Barone began her recurring role in the Disney Channel sitcom Shake It Up as Officer Georgia Jones, the mother of Bella Thorne's character CeCe Jones. Barone's husband, actor Matthew Glave, guest starred in two episodes of Shake It Up as J.J. Jones, the ex-husband of Barone's character.
Barone is married to actor Matthew Glave, with whom she has two daughters, Madeline and Roxanne. She currently lives in Los Angeles with her family.
- The Rosary Murders (1987)
- Ricohet (1991)
- The Takeover (1995)
- Just Friends (1996)
- Running Time (1997)
- Just Write (1997)
- Dream with the Fishes (1997)
- Santa's Little Helper (1999)
- The Sex Monster (1999)
- Buttleman (2002)
- One Last Ride (2003)
- Seinfeld – Gail Cunningham (one episode, 1993)
- Friends – Carol Willick, Ross's ex-wife (one episode, 1994)
- The Jeff Foxworthy Show – Karen Foxworthy (1995–1996)
- Party of Five – Frannie (1997)
- Daddio – Linda Woods (2000)
- The War at Home – Vicky Gold (2005–2007)
- Castle – Janice Freeman (2009)
- Desperate Housewives - Doreen Vance (one episode, "Come On Over for Dinner", 2011)
- Shake It Up – Georgia Jones (2010–2013) (recurring role)
- The Exes - Julia (one episode, 2013)
- Theatre alumni reach a larger audience, University of Detroit Mercy
- Hilberry Theatre's Robert T. Hazzard Dead at 74[permanent dead link], Playbill.com
- Neither the Parents Nor the Kids Are All Right New York Times review for The War at Home
- Anita Barone Biography (1964-), Film Reference
- "Seven Times Lucky" and "Beautiful Kid" Take Two at Method Fest, IndieWire.com