|Born||Merasheen Island, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada|
|Occupation(s)||Singer, Teacher, Folklorist, Archivist, Broadcaster|
|Associated acts||Figgy Duff|
With Genevieve Lehr, Best collected the songs for Come and I Will Sing You: A Newfoundland Songbook, spending years travelling around the province collecting songs from anyone who cared to sing.
In 2015 the Newfoundland and Labrador Folk Arts Society awarded her their Lifetime Achievement Award.
Best was appointed a Member of the Order of Canada in 2011. The citation read, in part, "As a singer, storyteller and archivist, she has been active in collecting and performing the songs and tales of her ancestors, ensuring this priceless cultural legacy is not lost to future generations."
- Some Songs (with Sandy Morris)
- The Color of Amber (with Pamela Morgan)
- Amber Christmas (with Pamela Morgan and others)
- Lately Come Over - Bristol's Hope
- Eleven Eleven
- Contributing artist
- All The Best
- Another Time
- Rock Within The Sea
- Mujeres en la Musica (Spanish Release)
- Celtic Spirits II (German Release)
- Celtic Feelings (French Release)
- The Rough Guide to the Music of Canada (2005, World Music Network)
- "Anita Best". Newfoundland and Labrador Heritage. Retrieved 18 March 2017.
- Lehr, Genevieve; Best, Anita, eds. (2003). Come and I Will Sing You: A Newfoundland Songbook. University of Toronto Press, Scholarly Publishing Division. Archived from the original on 2017-03-19. Retrieved 2017-03-19.
- Newfoundland and Labrador Folk Arts Society website.
- "Order of Canada: Anita Best". The Governor General of Canada. Retrieved 18 March 2017.