|Born||Merasheen Island, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada|
|Occupation(s)||Singer, Teacher, Folklorist, Archivist, Broadcaster|
|Associated acts||Figgy Duff|
With Genevieve Lehr, Best collected the songs for Come and I Will Sing You: A Newfoundland Songbook, spending years travelling around the province collecting songs from anyone who cared to sing.
Best was appointed a Member of the Order of Canada in 2011. The citation read, in part, "As a singer, storyteller and archivist, she has been active in collecting and performing the songs and tales of her ancestors, ensuring this priceless cultural legacy is not lost to future generations."
- The Color of Amber (with Pamela Morgan)
- Amber Christmas (with Pamela Morgan and others)
- Lately Come Over - Bristol's Hope
- Eleven Eleven
- Contributing artist
- All The Best
- Another Time
- Rock Within The Sea
- Mujeres en la Musica (Spanish Release)
- Celtic Spirits II (German Release)
- Celtic Feelings (French Release)
- The Rough Guide to the Music of Canada (2005, World Music Network)
- "Anita Best". Newfoundland and Labrador Heritage. Retrieved 18 March 2017.
- Lehr, Genevieve; Best, Anita, eds. (2003). Come and I Will Sing You: A Newfoundland Songbook. University of Toronto Press, Scholarly Publishing Division.
- "Order of Canada: Anita Best". The Governor General of Canada. Retrieved 18 March 2017.
|This article about a Canadian singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|