Anita De Bauch
|Anita De Bauch|
Anita De Bauch at the Playful Promises fashion show in London, February 2012
|Born||15 January 1986|
|Height||5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)|
Anita De Bauch (born 15 January 1986) is the professional name used by an English model from London, England.
De Bauch started modelling in 2004 for her hair extensions business (which closed in 2008) but did not model for other clients until 2007, when she graduated from Lancaster University with an upper second Bachelor of Science degree in psychology.
De Bauch began modelling for British photographers in 2006 and for bespoke corset company Heavenly Corsets in 2007, appearing in full page advertisements for the company in the December 2007 and January 2008 issues of Scarlet.
Since 2007 she has modelled internationally for various latex clothing and other clothing and lingerie designers and appeared at such fashion shows as the Skin Two Rubber Ball and opening the show at London Alternative Fashion Week 2010, an event that annually raises money for various charitable organisations. De Bauch starred in the Vivienne Westwood/Dans La Vie fashion film Oyster (director: Marie Schuller), which premiered in London on 15 April 2012. Bizarre described her as "bewitching, imaginative, zany, avant-garde, retro, radical and elegant" and a "sizzling siren" in an interview given in 2008 under the pseudonym Chic Freak, and more recently as a "sex bomb".
De Bauch has appeared on several covers including the international mail order catalogue for global photographic brand Quantum, Alt fashion magazine, on several pages of fetish fashion photographer Emma Delves-Broughton's coffee table book Kinky Nature, in clothing catalogues, music videos, album covers, various nightclub advertisements, calendars and on Fashion TV for vintage lingerie brand Playful Promises. She is as well known for her art nude and pin-up as her fashion work and is also one of the most popular alternative models of all time, according to Bizarre. In August 2011, Skin Two reported De Bauch to be "one of the world’s top fetish models".
The book Anita De Bauch by photographer Seán McCormack, which consisted of 21 pages of colour fashion and nude photographs of De Bauch taken by McCormack, was published in February 2011 by Lulu. In 2012, McCormack released a follow up to Anita De Bauch titled Anita De Bauch: Chameleon, which consisted of 72 pages of colour latex and nude photographs of De Bauch.
Anita De Bauch is the author of The "Ugly" Girl's Guide to Modelling, which was published in hardback and paperback form by New Haven in 2015. The book is a five-step guide to beginning, maintaining and improving a career as a freelance female model.
- "Interview with Mookychick (2008)". Mookychick.co.uk. Retrieved 18 January 2012.
- Cradle Falls Archived 11 March 2012 at the Wayback Machine.
- Heavenly Corsets advertisement in the December 2007 and January 2008 issues of Scarlet magazine[permanent dead link]
- "Report on the Skin Two Rubber Ball 2009". Nauclerdesign.se. Retrieved 18 January 2012.
- "Alternative Fashion Week 2010 – Monday 19th April". Youtube. 19 April 2010. Retrieved 18 January 2012.
- "Alternative Fashion Week". Alternative Arts. 30 November 2011. Retrieved 18 January 2012.
- Oyster on Imagine Fashion Archived 20 April 2012 at the Wayback Machine.
- Alix Fox, 'Bizarre Britain'. Bizarre magazine, January 2008, page 48 (Dennis Publishing)
- 'Babes in the Wood'. Bizarre magazine, August 2010, page 30 (Dennis Publishing)
- "Quantum catalog". Qtm.com. Retrieved 18 January 2012.
- Alt fashion, issue 21[permanent dead link]
- "Example of appearance in Drac-in-a-Box online catalog". Dracinabox.com. Retrieved 18 January 2012.
- "Example of appearance in Sheer Nylons online catalog". Sheernylons.co.uk. Retrieved 18 January 2012.
- Island, Universal. "Jessie J's music video for 'It's My Party'". YouTube.com. Retrieved 10 October 2014.
- "Zelig's 'Sartor Resartus' album cover". Anitadebauch.blogspot.com. 21 June 2011. Retrieved 18 January 2012.
- De Bauch on the cover of a flyer for Festival of Sins, a nightclub in London Archived 15 June 2011 at the Wayback Machine.
- Cover of Club Decadence Archived 17 May 2011 at the Wayback Machine. flyer, 7 November 2008
- "De Bauch on the cover of photographic company the Yerburys' 2010 'Art Fetish' calendar". Yerburystudio.com. Retrieved 18 January 2012.
- De Bauch in Devolution magazine's 2009 calendar[permanent dead link]
- Playful Promises Lingerie - New Boutique Launch at The Box, London Fashion Week SS12 | FashionTV FTV
- Leona Turford, 'Model Feature: Anita De Bauch'. Alt Fashion magazine, Spring/ Summer 2011, page 25 (Deeva Media)
- PinUpPixels.com interview, 5 April 2012
- Bizarre Ultra Vixens: Most Popular Models of All Time (last checked 23 May 2011)
- "webslave, 'Anita De Bauch – Fetish Model'. Skin Two Online, August 4th 2011". Skintwo.co.uk. 4 August 2011. Retrieved 18 January 2012.
- Anita De Bauch: Chameleon by Seán McCormack
- The "Ugly" Girl's Guide to Modelling by Anita De Bauch
- Anita De Bauch on Instagram (last checked 10 October 2014)