Anita Mai Tan
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article may be in need of reorganization to comply with Wikipedia's layout guidelines. (July 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Anita Mai Tan
Anita Mai Tan is a Canadian jewelry designer who is currently the owner and main designer of AlGems. She has designed rings, necklaces, smartphone cases, wine decanters and luxury pens. Anita has designed products for charitable causes, including a Dragon and Spider iPhone case necklace that was valued at approximately $880,000 for a charity auction to help youth with low income to remain at school . Her Dragon decanter contains 2,000 grams of 18K gold and encrusted with diamonds and gemstones for a total of 72 carats. Her work has been carried by one of the Japan's international department store Mitsukoshi Ltd.
In 2010, she designed her first luxury pen cover in diamond and gold. The body of the pen is made of gold and adorned with 48 carats of diamonds (1,888 gems). The pen is priced at €688,000 (approximately $1.01 million). She also designed a pair of luxury iPhone cases, the Dragon and Spider phone case. Both cases are made in 18K gold. The Dragon case consists of 2,200 colorless and colored diamonds (cognac, brown, champagne) with total weight of 32 carats while the spider case covered with an array of 2,800 colorless and black diamonds for a total weight of 38 carats.
In many of her works, Anita uses animal figures (dragon, horse, spider) as well as floral patterns. The numbers of stones deliberately match certain numbers with auspicious connotations in Chinese culture such the numbers nine (leadership, the ability to see clearly), 22 (easy), 28 (easy gaining wealth), 32 (born lucky) or 38 (worn wealth).
- Short biography about Anita Mai Tan. Retrieved 21 August 2016
- "Anita Tan | La Promenade, BlogZine di Informazione". lapromenademag.com. Retrieved 2016-07-19.
- algems. "World Renown Designer Anita Mai TAN does it again: Is yr cell phone impressive enough ? Is $ 880,000". PRLog. Retrieved 2016-07-22.
- "Anita Mai Tan $880,000 Dragon and Spider iPhone case can be worn as a necklace". Bornrich. 2012-06-25. Retrieved 2016-07-19.
- "Anita Mai Tan's Eclectic decanter collection will blow your mind and your wallet". luxurylauches.com. 2014-12-10. Retrieved 2016-07-19.
- "$880,000 Dragon and Spider Phone Case by Anita Mai Tan". luxatic.com/access-date=2016-07-19. 2012-06-27.
- "Anita Mai TAN "Dragon and Spider" - $880,000". Business Insider - India. Retrieved 2016-07-19.
Seller says, "It is crafted in 18K gold set with beautiful 2200 colorless and color diamonds (champagne, cognac, brown) for a total weight of 32 cts. The stunning dragon is the symbol of the Universe, life, Growth, and existence. ... The Spider is the symbol of Unity, Creativity, and Hard Work
- "Press Reviews". Retrieved 2016-07-19.
- "First Diamond and Gold Pen by Anita Tan – $1 Million". luxdb.com. Retrieved 2016-07-22.
- ""Endless Happiness" Pen Costs $995,510". www.themarysue.com. Retrieved 2016-07-22.
- "ALGEMS". algems.com. Retrieved 2016-07-19.