This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (July 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Villa Park, Illinois, U.S.
|Education||B.A. in Journalism from Columbia College and attended the University of Wisconsin–Madison|
|Notable credit(s)||2 Emmy Awards for Reporting|
Padilla was born in Waukegan,Il a far north western suburb of metropolitan Chicago. She later moved to the Quad Cities (Iowa/Illinois), Orlando, Florida and New York City, NY.She currently works for Fox Chicago.
- Columbia College Chicago, B.A. Broadcast Journalism
- University of Wisconsin, Madison, General Studies
- Madison Area Technical College, General Studies
Padilla's first reporting work was as an intern for Bill Kurtis at WBBM-TV. She went on to work in radio as an anchor and at Shadow traffic as a traffic editor. She worked at WFTV in Orlando, Florida, where she helped to run a news bureau. In 1995, she earned her first of two career Emmy Awards for breaking news coverage of an armed robbery and carjacking in Orlando by a murderer. In 2000, she earned a second Emmy for her role in a New Year's Eve Millennium celebration piece while at WMAQ Channel 5 in Chicago. She continues to report on many high-profile stories in Chicago.She had exclusive interviews with Betty Loren-Maltese on the day of her racketeering conviction and again when she was sentenced to eight years in federal prison. She reported on former Illinois Attorney General Jim Ryan's battle with cancer, the unexpected loss of his young daughter and his wife's heart attack.
In 2013 she was the Northwestern College commencement speaker. “Anita Padilla will bring a flair of excitement as our 2013 commencement speaker,” commented President Schumacher. “She’s a local success story having grown up in the Chicago suburbs, and we have no doubt that she will inspire our graduates as they celebrate their own personal accomplishments.” 
- Federal Gov.t Combined Law Enforcement Community Service Award
- State of Illinois Hispanic Media Award
- Hispanic Illinois State Police Law Enforcement Agencies Community Service Award
- Keynote Speaker Northwestern Commencement Exercises 2013
- Keynote Speaker numerous times for Columbia College graduating classes
- AP Best Feature 2nd Place
- Emmy awards 1995 and 2000
- "Anita Padilla - FOX 32 News Chicago". Archived from the original on 10 July 2015. Retrieved 9 July 2015.
- Lazare, Lewis. "Kori Chambers and Anita Padilla re-signed at WFLD-Channel 32". blogs.suntimes.com/. Archived from the original on 11 July 2015. Retrieved 10 July 2015.
- "Anita Padilla Video". Ovguide.com. Retrieved 10 July 2015.
- "Anita Padilla". myfoxchicago.com. Archived from the original on 12 July 2015. Retrieved 10 July 2015.
- Pollastrini, Laura. "Northwestern College Announces Anita Padilla, FOX 32 Chicago Reporter, to be 2013 Commencement Speaker". Patch.com. Retrieved 10 July 2015.