Feldmann in 2018
March 8, 1966|
Member of Leopoldina (2009) Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz Prize (2011)Berlin Science Award (2011)
Telekom Innovation Laboratories, |
Technische Universität Berlin, Germany
Anja Feldmann (born 8 March 1966 in Bielefeld) is a German computer scientist.
Education and career
Feldmann studied computer science at Universität Paderborn and received her degree in 1990. She continued her studies at Carnegie Mellon University, where she earned her M.Sc. in 1991 and her Ph.D. in 1995. Following four years of postdoctoral work at AT&T Labs Research, she held research positions at Saarland University and Technical University Munich.
In 2006 she was appointed as professor of Internet Network Architectures for the Telekom Innovation Laboratories at the Technische Universität Berlin. As Professor her research focused on Internet measurement, Teletraffic engineering, traffic characterization and debugging network performance issues. She has also conducted research into intrusion detection and network architecture. She has served on more than 50 committees and was the Co-Chair of SIGCOMM. Alex Snoeren said that she "was instrumental in the establishment of a rigorous science of Internet measurement. Among her many contributions, she is perhaps best known for her work in traffic characterization and engineering.”
Between 2009 and 2013 Feldmann was Dean of the Computer Science and Electrical Engineering department at the Technische Universität Berlin, Germany. From 2012 till early 2018 Feldmann sat on the employer side of the Supervisory Board of SAP. October 2017 she was appointed as director of the Max Planck Institute for Informatics, her focus will be on researching the Internet architecture.
Honors and awards
- 2009: Member of Leopoldina 
- 2011: Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz Prize 
- 2011: Berlin Science Award 
- "Internet Network Architectures". Retrieved 2010-12-31.
- "2015 – 10 Women in Networking/Communications That You Should Know". Networking Networking Women. 2015. Retrieved 17 April 2017.
- "This Year's Speakers". Visions in Science Shaping the Future. 2013. Retrieved 17 April 2017.
- "SAP nominiert Diane Greene für Aufsichtsrat". Tagblatt. 2018. Retrieved 17 April 2017.
- "Neue Direktorin am Max-Planck-Institut für Informatik". Max-Planck-Institut für Informatik. 2018. Retrieved 17 April 2017.
- "Leopoldina National Academy of Sciences". Retrieved 2012-05-30.
- "Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz-Prize". Retrieved 2010-12-31.
- "Berlin Science Award 2011". Retrieved 2012-05-30.