March 8, 1966 |
|Institutions||Telekom Innovation Laboratories,
Technische Universität Berlin, Germany
Member of Leopoldina (2009) Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz Prize (2011)Berlin Science Award (2011)
Anja Feldmann (born 8 March 1966 in Bielefeld) is a German computer scientist.
Life and Work
Feldmann studied computer science at Universität Paderborn and received her degree in 1990. She continued her studies at Carnegie Mellon University, where she earned her M.Sc. in 1991 and her Ph.D. in 1995. Following four years of postdoctoral work at AT&T Labs Research, she held research positions at Saarland University and Technical University Munich. Since 2006, she has been professor of Internet Network Architectures at Telekom Innovation Laboratories at Technische Universität Berlin. Furthermore, since 2010, Anja Feldmann has been Dean of the Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences at Technische Universität Berlin. In May 2012, Anja Feldmann was elected the first woman on the employer side of the Supervisory Board of SAP.
Feldmann's area of research includes Internet traffic analysis and modeling as well as Internet routing.
Anja is unmarried and has no children.
Honors and awards
- 2009: Member of Leopoldina 
- 2011: Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz Prize 
- 2011: Berlin Science Award 
- "Internet Network Architectures". Retrieved 2010-12-31.
- "Technische Universität Berlin, Faculty of Electrical Engineering and computer science". Retrieved 2010-12-31.
- "Leopoldina National Academy of Sciences". Retrieved 2012-05-30.
- "Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz-Prize". Retrieved 2010-12-31.
- "Berlin Science Award 2011". Retrieved 2012-05-30.