Anja Hajduk in 2014
|Minister of City Development and Environment of Hamburg|
8 June 1963 |
|Political party||Alliance '90/The Greens|
|Alma mater||University of Duisburg,
University of Hamburg
Early life and education
Hajduk was born in Duisburg and has three brothers. After her Abitur, she studied psychology in Duisburg and then in Hamburg. She finished her studies at the university with a Diplom in 1988. Hajduk is a lesbian.
From 1997 to 2002 Hajduk was a member of the parliament of the city Hamburg.
Member of the German Bundestag, 2002-2008
From 2002 to 2008 Hajduk was a member of the German Bundestag. She was a member of the Green Party's parliamentary group, serving as deputy chairwoman of the budget committee and her group's spokesperson on the national budget. Between 2005 and 2009, she also served as Deputy Chairwoman of the German-Canadian Parliamentary Friendship Group.
State Minister (Senator) for City Development and Environment in Hamburg, 2008-2010
Member of the German Bundestag, 2013-
In the 2013 federal elections, Hajduk was again elected member of the German Bundestag where she has since served as Chief Whip of her parliamentary group. A member of the budget committee, she serves as rapporteur on the budgets of the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy, the Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development, the Federal Ministry of the Interior and the Bundestag. She is also a member of the so-called Confidential Committee (Vertrauensgremium) of the Budget Committee, which provides budgetary supervision for Germany’s three intelligence services, BND, BfV and MAD.
In 2014, Hajduk was appointed to the supervisory board of German development agency GIZ. She is also deputy chairwoman of the Parliamentary Friendship Group with Australia, New Zealand and East Timor and a full member of the German-Chinese Parliamentary Friendship Group.
- ic3s Information, Computer und Solartechnik AG, Member of the Supervisory Board
- Denkwerk Demokratie, Member of the Advisory Board
- Heinrich Böll Foundation, Member of the Supervisory Board (2002-2009)
- Institute for Federal Real Estate, Member of the Board of Directors (2002-2009)
- Hamburger Symphoniker, Member of the Advisory Board (2002-2007)
- Federal Financial Supervisory Authority (BaFin), Alternate Member of the Board of Directors (2002-2005)
- Blech, Norbert (19 May 2005). "Acht Homos im neuen Bundestag". www.queer.de (in German). Archived from the original on 29 October 2007. Retrieved 17 September 2007.
- Andreas Cremer and Brian Parkin (September 5, 2006), Steinbrueck Says German 2006 Deficit May Fall to 2.8% Bloomberg.
- Lebenslauf Anja Hajduk (GAL) Free and Hanseatic city of Hamburg, Senatskanzlei (German) Accessed August 6, 2008[dead link]
- State Secretary Kitschelt elected new chairman of GIZ Supervisory Board GIZ, press release of March 28, 2014.
- Vorstände der Parlamentariergruppen in der 18. Wahlperiode Bundestag.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Anja Hajduk.|