||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (April 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Born||Calicut, Kerala, India|
|Occupation||Film director, screenwriter, producer|
Anjali Menon is an Indian film director and screenwriter who made her writing and directional debut with the feature film Manjadikuru (Lucky Red Seeds), for which she got the FIPRESCI award for the Best Malayalam film and Best Indian Debut Her second feature film is Bangalore Days and she has written the critically and commercially acclaimed Ustad Hotel.
She grew up in Dubai. She did post-graduation work in communication studies from Pune University. Anjali graduated from the London Film School in 2003, with distinction honours in editing, producing and directing film. Her graduation film Black Nor White, (credited as Anjali), featuring Rez Kempton and Archie Panjabi with Asif Kapadia as Executive Producer was premiered at the Palm Springs International Film Festival.
Menon started her career with short fiction and documentary projects in India, Middle East and UK. In 2006, she and Vinod Menon started Little Films India, a film company in Mumbai. Menon is a published writer with her screenplays as well as Monsoon feast – a collection of short stories where she has contributed a story. She lives in Mumbai with her husband and son.
|200||Black Nor White||Short film|
|2009||Kerala Cafe (Happy Journey segment)|||
- National Film Award
- 2012 - 60th National Film Awards - Best Dialogues (Ustad Hotel)
- Popular Awards
- 2013 - Asianet Film Awards - Best Screenplay (Ustad Hotel)
- 2015 - Filmfare Awards South - Best Director (Bangalore Days)
- 2015 - Asianet Film Awards - Best Director (Bangalore Days) and Best Popular Film (Bangalore Days)
- 2015 - Vanitha Film Awards - Best Director (Bangalore Days) and Best Popular Film
- 2015 - SIIMA Film Awards - Best Director (Bangalore Days) and Best Film
- International Film Festival awards and selections
- 2008: Hassankutty Award for Best Debut Director (Manjadikuru)
- 2008: FIPRESCI Prize for Best Malayalam Film ( Manjadikuru)
- "Parque Via wins best film award". The Hindu. Retrieved 19 May 2012.
- "Cut to Anjali". The Hindu. 12 September 2009. Retrieved 17 December 2009.
- Lucky Red Seeds and Profile NFDC
- "Anjali Menon's First Feature Wins Awards". London Film School News. 28 May 2009. Retrieved 17 December 2009.
- "Black Nor White".
- "Black Nor White website".
- "Review: Kerala Cafe". Sify.
- "Seeds of a success story". The Hindu. 26 December 2008.
- Nagarajan, Saraswathy (21 June 2012). "Beachside hotel". The Hindu.
- "Anjali Menon's movie is Bangalore Days". The Times of India. 24 January 2014.
- ":: National Film Award 2012 ::" (PDF). India Government. Retrieved 1 May 2015.
- "Filmfare Awards South".
- "Asianet Film Awards".
- "Vanitha Film Awards 2015".
- "SIIMA awards 2015".
- ":: IFFK 2008 ::". Iffk.keralafilm.com. Retrieved 2014-12-30.
- "Awards - Festival Awards 2008". Fipresci. Retrieved 2014-12-30.
- "Festival Reports - Kerala 2008 - "Lucky Red Seeds"". Fipresci. Retrieved 2014-12-30.