||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2015)|
|Born||Calicut, Kerala, India|
|Alma mater||London Film School|
|Occupation||Film director, screenwriter, producer|
Anjali Menon is an Indian film director and screenwriter who made her writing and directional debut with the feature film Manjadikuru (Lucky Red Seeds), for which she got the FIPRESCI award for the Best Malayalam film and Best Indian Debut Her second feature film is Bangalore Days and she has written the critically and commercially acclaimed Ustad Hotel.
Born in Calicut, Kerala, as the daughter of T. Madhavan Nair and Sarada Nair, Menon grew up in Dubai. A post-graduate in Communication Studies, from Pune University. Menon graduated from the London Film School in 2003, with distinction honours in editing, producing and directing film. Her graduation film Black Nor White, (credited as Anjali Nair), featuring Rez Kempton and Archie Panjabi with Asif Kapadia as Executive Producer was premiered at the Palm Springs International Film Festival.
Menon started her career with short fiction and documentary projects in India, Middle East and UK. In 2006 she and Vinod Menon started Little Films India, a film company in Mumbai. Menon is a published writer with her screenplays as well as Monsoon Feast – a collection of short stories where she has contributed a story. She lives in Mumbai with her husband and son.
|2009||Kerala Cafe||Director and Writer|
|2012||Manjadikuru||Director and Writer|
|2014||Bangalore Days||Director and Writer|
- National Film Award
- 2012 - 60th National Film Awards - Best Dialogues (Ustad Hotel)
- Popular Awards
- 2013 - Asianet Film Awards - Best Screenplay (Ustad Hotel)
- 2015 - Filmfare Awards South - Best Director (Bangalore Days)
- 2015 - Asianet Film Awards - Best Director (Bangalore Days) and Best Popular Film (Bangalore Days)
- 2015 - Vanitha Film Awards - Best Director (Bangalore Days) and Best Popular Film
- 2015 - SIIMA Film Awards - Best Director (Bangalore Days) and Best Film
- International Film Festival awards and selections
- 2008: Hassankutty Award for Best Debut Director (Manjadikuru)
- 2008: FIPRESCI Prize for Best Malayalam Film ( Manjadikuru)
- "Parque Via wins best film award". The Hindu. Retrieved 19 May 2012.
- "Cut to Anjali". The Hindu. 12 September 2009. Retrieved 17 December 2009.
- Lucky Red Seeds and Profile NFDC
- "Anjali Menon's First Feature Wins Awards". London Film School News. 28 May 2009. Retrieved 17 December 2009.
- "Black Nor White".
- "Black Nor White website".
- ":: National Film Award 2012 ::" (PDF). India Government. Retrieved 1 May 2015.
- "Filmfare Awards South".
- "Asianet Film Awards".
- "Vanitha Film Awards 2015".
- "SIIMA awards 2015".
- ":: IFFK 2008 ::". Iffk.keralafilm.com. Retrieved 2014-12-30.
- "Awards - Festival Awards 2008". Fipresci. Retrieved 2014-12-30.
- "Festival Reports - Kerala 2008 - "Lucky Red Seeds"". Fipresci. Retrieved 2014-12-30.