She has sung the roles of Dorabella in Così fan tutte, Octavian in Der Rosenkavalier, and the title role in Carmen. Vondung has sung at German State Operas such as the Semperoper in Dresden, the Berlin State Opera, the Bavarian State Opera in Munich, at the Metropolitan Opera, the Théâtre du Châtelet, as well as at the Salzburg and Glyndebourne Festivals She also sings Bach's sacred music.
At the 2011 Rheingau Musik Festival, she performed the Liebesliederwalzer by Brahms and Spanische Liebeslieder, op. 138, by Schumann with Ruth Ziesak, Werner Güra and Konrad Jarnot at Schloss Johannisberg.
- Bach cantatas BWV 34a, BWV 69a, Mass in B minor, St Matthew Passion, St John Passion, conducted by Helmuth Rilling
- St Matthew Passion (Farao)
- Richard Strauss, Der Rosenkavalier (as Octavian), Euroarts, 2008
- Beethoven's Missa Solemnis (Farao)
- Mozart's Così fan tutte (as Dorabella), recorded during the 2006 Glyndebourne Festival Opera (Blu-ray, Opus Arte)
- Anke Vondung – Mezzosopran[permanent dead link], on schubert.kug.ac.at. Accessed 21 January 2012.
- .Opera Preview: German mezzo wears the pants for Rosenkavalier title role, on nctimes.com. Accessed 20 January 2012.
- Auf Tränen folgt Sehnen / RMF II Schumanns Vokalquartette auf Schloss Johannisberg Axel Zibulski, Wiesbadener Tagblatt, 15 July 2011 (German)