|Full name||Ankeet Anil Chavan|
28 October 1985 |
Bombay, Maharashtra, India
|Bowling||Slow left-arm orthodox|
|Domestic team information|
Source: Cricinfo, 3 June 2012
Ankeet Chavan (born 28 October 1985 in Bombay, Maharashtra, India) is a former cricketer who played for Mumbai in Indian domestic cricket. He is an all-rounder who is a left-handed batsman and slow left-arm orthodox bowler. He also played for Rajasthan Royals in Indian Premier League.
Spot fixing controversy
On 16 May 2013, Chavan was arrested on charges of Spot fixing during IPL 6 by the Delhi police along with Ajit Chandila and Sreesanth, who played alongside him for Rajasthan Royals. According to Police, Ankeet Chavan was promised ₹6 million (US$94,000) to give away 14 runs in Rajasthan Royals' match against Mumbai Indians on 15 May 2013 and he did it giving away 15 runs in his second over. After being arrested, he was immediately suspended by his employer, Air India. He has been suspended from his cricketing career. Having been put in judicial custody in Tihar Central Jail, New Delhi, Chavan was granted bail from 31 May to 6 June to solemnise his marriage which had been fixed for 2 June 2013 and was granted bail on 10 June 2013 along with the other accused.On 13 September 2013, Chavan and fellow player Sreesanth were banned from cricket for life by the BCCI disciplinary committee . On 25 July 2015, the Delhi Court gave a clean chit and discharged him of all the charges in the IPL spot fixing case.
- Ankeet Chavan - Cricinfo profile
- IPL 2012 - Rajasthan Royals squad
- "Police detain three Rajasthan Royals players". Wisden India. 16 May 2013. Retrieved 16 May 2013.
- Sreesanth, two other Rajasthan Royals' players arrested for spot-fixing
- "IPL 2013: Sreesanth, two other Rajasthan Royal's players arrested for spot-fixing". NDTV. 16 May 2013. Retrieved 16 May 2013.
- "Air India suspends Ankeet Chavan, Ajit Chandila". The Times of India. 16 May 2013. Retrieved 16 May 2013.
- "Ankeet Chavan gets bail till June 6". ESPNcricinfo. 30 May 2013. Retrieved 1 June 2013.
- "Ankeet Chavan released from Tihar Jail for marriage". NDTV. 31 May 2013. Retrieved 1 June 2013.
- "sreesanth-and ankeet chavan banned for life". india today. 13 September 2013. Retrieved 13 September 2013.