Ankleshwar, (sometimes written Anklesvar) is a city and a municipality in the Bharuch district of the state of Gujarat, India. The city is located fourteen kilometres from Bharuch. AiA-Ankleshwar Industrial Association is largest organisation in GiDC where over 2000 industries are registered. This Notified Area is also under the AiA board, and MCM is the controller in the Authority. Polluters are punished by AiA, which is resulting in lower levels of pollution.
This section does not cite any sources. (May 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The town is known for its industrial township called GIDC (Gujarat Industrial Development Corporation). Ankleshwar has an office of the ONGC (Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited). Ankleshwar has over 1500 chemical plants, producing products such as pesticides, pharmaceuticals, chemicals and paints. GIDC has started organising Trade fair and Industrial expo occasionally to attract large number of industries all over from India. It also helps to get customers on large basis.
Ankleshwar is connected by Indian National Highway 8 (Mumbai to New Delhi) and by the Western Railway Division of Indian Railways. The railway division runs the broad gauge train services to Rajpipla. The 136-year-old (2018) Golden Bridge built in (1881) connects Ankleshwar to Bharuch across the Narmada on the station front while a new bridge connects the highway, the other bridge made by L&T on the highway is now ready to use.
Ankleshwar railway station is centrally located at the intersection of NH8 & Station Road.
Ankleshwar City Bus stand is located on Station Road (i.e. located in the City, the western section).
Development project of Ankleshwar Airport & City Bus are in pipe line in last stage.
Ankleshwar is an educated city. It has an average literacy rate of 79%, higher than the national average of 74.04%; with 82.14% of the males and 65% of females literate.
- The Kadakia Commerce and Arts College.
- Shri M.H. Kadakia Institute of Management and Computer Studies. (MBA and MCA)
- Shri M.H. Kadakia College of Management and Computer Studies. (MBA and MCA)
- Swami Krishnaswarup Shashtri College of Commerce and Management
- Swami Narayanswarup B.Ed College
- SHROFF S.R ROTARY INSTITUTE OF CHEMICAL TECHNOLOGY
- M. K. INSTITUTE OF COMPUTER STUDIES BHARUCH
- E. N. Ginwala High school is a government funded boys school, providing education to boys from Secondary to Higher Secondary in Gujarati.
- M. T. High school is a government funded girls school, providing education to girls from Secondary to Higher Secondary in Gujarati.
- Shree T. M. Shah Adarsh High school provides education to boys and girls from kindergarten to Higher Secondary in Gujarati.
- Kendriya Vidyalaya, ONGC Ankleshwar, CBSE school.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 16 June 2004. Retrieved 1 November 2008.