|This section does not cite any sources. (May 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The town is known for its industrial township called GIDC (Gujarat Industrial Development Corporation). Ankleshwar has an office of the ONGC (Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited). Ankleshwar has over 1500 chemical plants, producing products such as pesticides, pharmaceuticals, chemicals and paints. GIDC has started organising Trade fair and Industrial expo occasionally to attract large number of industries all over from India. It also helps to get customers on large basis.
Ankleshwar is connected by Indian National Highway 8 (Mumbai to New Delhi) and by the Western Railway Division of Indian Railways. The railway division runs the broad gauge train services to Rajpipla. The 133-year-old Golden Bridge connects Ankleshwar to Bharuch across the Narmada on the station front while a new bridge connects the highway, the other bridge on the highway is now ready to use.
Ankleshwar railway station is centrally located at the intersection of NH8 & Station Road.
Ankleshwar City Bus stand is located on Station Road (i.e. located in the City, the western section).
Development project of Ankleshwar Airport & City Bus are in pipe line in last stage.
Ankleshwar is an educated city. It has an average literacy rate of 79%, higher than the national average of 59.5%; with 56% of the males and 44% of females literate.
- The Kadakia Commerce and Arts College.
- Shri M.H. Kadakia Institute of Management and Computer Studies. (MBA and MCA)
- Shri M.H. Kadakia College of Management and Computer Studies. (MBA and MCA)
- Swami Krishnaswarup Shashtri College of Commerce and Management
- Swami Narayanswarup B.Ed College
- SHROFF S.R ROTARY INSTITUTE OF CHEMICAL TECHNOLOGY
- The C.M. Academy (Chandra Bala Modi Academy), is a CBSE school inside the campus of the multinational company Gujarat Guardian Ltd. (a joint venture between Guardian Glass of the US and the Modi Group).
- Sanatan International Academy (JSACT). Cbse board school which provides quality education at minimum fees.
- Mahatma Joytiba Phule, Marathi and English medium)
- Kusumben Kadakia Vidyala (CBSE School)
- The Shreemati Puspawati Devidas Shroff Sanskardeep Vidyalaya (Gujaraati medium) offers education from kindergarten to Secondary in Gujarati (Science Stream)
- The Swami Vivekananda School] (English and Gujarati medium) offers education from kindergarten to Higher Secondary (Science & Commerce) in English and Gujarati.
- Ascent School (English medium)
* NATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL
- The Shree Gattu Vidyalaya is one of the oldest schools of Ankleshwar, providing education from kindergarten to higher secondary. It offers both English and Gujarati mediums in Science Stream. The school has a basketball and football team which is very good. The basketball club BAYHAWKS is the best in district .
- The Lions School, for education in Gujarati and English medium, offers education from kindergarten to Higher Secondary (Commerce)
- Shravan VidyaBhavan
- Zenith High School.
- St. Paul's
- C.K.G. High School
- Vision School of excellence
- The PP Savani School, for English medium and Gujrati medium
- Gurukul Public School, English Medium
- national high school, Hindi Medium & English Medium
- Iqra English medium School, B/H Adarsh market near shahine park NH no.8
- Unity English Medium School,Kamal park society station Road
- Podar World School
- Nalanda High School,Ankleshwar
- Jay Ambe Vidyabhawan,Ankleshwar
- E. N. Ginwala High school is a government funded boys school, providing education to boys from Secondary to Higher Secondary in Gujarati.
- M. T. High school is a government funded girls school, providing education to girls from Secondary to Higher Secondary in Gujarati.
- T. M. Shah Adarsh High school provides education to boys and girls from kindergarten to Higher Secondary in Gujarati.
- Kendriya Vidyalaya, ONGC Ankleshwar, CBSE school.
Hospitals include the
- Sardar Patel Hospital and Heart Institute. (Inaugurated by President Pranab Mukherjee on 23 October 2016) (The First Cath Lab of Ankleshwar Town)
- Jayaben Modi Hospital,
- Dr. Ajmeri's Surgical and Maternity Hospital
- Mamta Children Hospital,
- Thadhani Eye hospital,
- Sarvajanik Hospital,
- Sanjivani Hospital,
- Patel surgical hospital,
- Atman Hospital,
- And now ESIC's (Employee State Insurance Corporation) (Inaugurated by President Pranab Mukherjee on 23 October 2016)
- In April 2014, the "New Life" private hospital was constructed in Jasaat Plaza (Station Road). It is conveniently served by Ankleshwar's main bus & railway stations.
- Life Line General Hospital,shop no.- 107,108,Meera Madhav Shopping centre,Valia road,Near siddhi vinayak mandir.
- Teesha Orthopedic Hospital, Near Mahavir turning circle, Ankleshwar
- Lords Plaza
- Hotel Sadanand
- Hotel Welcome Inn
- VITS Shalimar
- Hotel Sun Plaza
- Hotel Highway Inn
- Hotel Princess
- Hotel Paradise
- Hotel Royal Inn
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 16 June 2004. Retrieved 1 November 2008.