|Occupation(s)||Former CEO of Accentium Web|
Former CEO of Groupon India
Former CEO of Nearbuy
|Children||Vidur and Uzma Warikoo|
Ankur Warikoo (born 25 August 1980) is an Indian YouTuber, entrepreneur and author.
Early life and education
Ankur Warikoo was born on 25 August 1980 in New Delhi to Kashmiri Pandit parents from Srinagar. Warikoo received his bachelor's degree in Physics from Hindu College, Delhi and completed his schooling from Don Bosco School (Alaknanda, New Delhi) . He received his MBA from Indian School of Business. He enrolled for a PhD in astrophysics and then later dropped out from Michigan State University.
Warikoo started his career in 2008 by co-founding his first startup Accentium Web, under which websites like Gaadi.com and Secondshaadi.com were run. In 2011, he became the CEO of Groupon India. In 2015, he became the CEO of Nearbuy.com. In 2019, he stepped down from Nearbuy.com. In 2021, he published his first book Do Epic Shit  & in 2022 he published his second book, GET EPIC SHIT DONE.
- ^ Warikoo, Ankur [@warikoo] (27 November 2020). "Both Ma Papa come from Srinagar, where they grew up with little to no privilege. They did not go to any top school. They did not have any stamp that would set them for life. They just worked their way through. Like most others in their generation" (Tweet). Archived from the original on 28 November 2022. Retrieved 28 November 2022 – via Twitter.
- ^ "From Nearbuy CEO to Author: Why Ankur Warikoo Turned to Content Creation". NDTV.com. Retrieved 24 April 2022.
- ^ a b BLoC, Team (24 September 2018). "Entrepreneur Ankur Warikoo talks at IIM-A". BLoC. Retrieved 12 July 2022.
- ^ "World Wide". The Indian Express. 17 July 2009. Retrieved 24 April 2022.
- ^ "Nearbuy needs multiple rounds of funding to reach its potential: Ankur Warikoo". Financialexpress. Retrieved 24 April 2022.
- ^ "Sequoia likely to invest another Rs 100 cr in Nearbuy". www.thehindubusinessline.com. 4 April 2017. Retrieved 24 April 2022.
- ^ a b "People today don't want to listen to superheroes: Ankur Warikoo". www.telegraphindia.com. Retrieved 24 April 2022.
- ^ Kumar, Saurabh. "The Experiential Coach". Entrepreneur. Retrieved 24 April 2022.
- ^ a b "Wings Publication announces winners of India's most prestigious book award". Aninews. Retrieved 28 July 2022.
- ^ "Ankur Warikoo: What India's restless Gen Z really wants". BBC News. 9 February 2022. Retrieved 1 January 2023.
- ^ a b Warikoo, Ankur (17 December 2022). GET EPIC SHIT DONE. Juggernaut Publication. ISBN 978-93-93986-07-8.
- ^ Warikoo, Ankur (1 January 2021). Do Epic Shit (Standard ed.). Juggernaut. ISBN 978-93-91165-48-2.