|Born||August 25, 1980|
|Alma mater||Indian School of Business (MBA)|
Michigan State University (MS, Physics)
Hindu College (BS, Physics)
|Occupation||Entrepreneur, motivational speaker, angel investor|
|Title||Co-founder and CEO of Nearbuy|
|Spouse(s)||Ruchi Budhiraja Warikoo|
Ankur completed his schooling from Don Bosco School, New Delhi, post which he joined Hindu College (BSc, Physics). He thereafter went for his Ph.D. in Physics from Michigan State University (MS, Astrophysics), which he dropped out from after completing his MS. Post coming back from the US, he pursued his MBA in Finance from The Indian School of Business in 2005 until 2006
He is the co-founder and CEO of Nearby and Little App.
Warikoo started the Groupon India business in April 2011, which is when Groupon entered India through an acquisition. Between 2013-2015 Warikoo managed the India, Indonesia, Thailand and Philippines markets for Groupon. In August 2015, Groupon India went through a management buyout, where the India management team (led by Ankur) bought out the majority shareholding of Groupon, partnering with Sequoia Capital.
in Dec 2017, nearbuy.com and Little App merged. The merged entity is led by Warikoo, along with two other co-founders from nearbuy.com - Snehesh Mitra (co-founder and CTO) and Ravi Shankar (co-founder and COO). Paytm made a strategic investment to acquire the majority of the merged entity.
Prior to Groupon, Warikoo was an Entrepreneur-in-Residence for Rocket Internet Gmbh. Warikoo was the Managing Director of the Rocket Internet India Founding Team and set the foundation for Jabong.com, before moving to help set up Groupon India.
Previously Ankur was the co-founder of Accentium Web, which owns and operates several websites in the Indian Consumer Space, namely SecondShaadi (a matrimonial service for remarriages), Gaadi.com (a car portal which got later sold to Naspers Group in 2011 and was acquired by CarDekho.com in 2015), amongst others. Ankur joined Accentium, which was founded by Vivek Pahwa (CEO) and exited the venture in September 2010.
Post ISB, Ankur joined A.T. Kearney in their consulting practice in India. While at Kearney, Warikoo worked in the Real Estate and Media & Entertainment Sector - in Dubai, New York and India. Accentium was founded in 2007, while he was still at Kearney (and continued to work until 2009 and assist Accentium in a part-time capacity). He moved full-time to Accentium in May 2009.
Ankur is married to Ruchi Budhiraja Warikoo and has 2 children with her.
Honors and awards
- ISB Young Leader Award 2005-06 Indian School of Business
- India's Most Promising Entrepreneur Award (2013) Enterprise Asia March 2014
- FORTUNE India 40 Under 40 List Fortune Magazine (India) March 2013
- FORTUNE India 40 Under 40 List Fortune Magazine (India) March 2014
- Top Executives Below 40 Years (2014) - Business Today Magazine
- "30 Entrepreneurs of the year 2017" by SiliconReview
- "Read @ATKearney: Ankur Warikoo". www.atkearney.com. Retrieved 2018-11-28.
- "Tech in Asia - Connecting Asia's startup ecosystem". www.techinasia.com. Retrieved 2019-07-12.
- Bansal, Varsha (2017-12-07). "Nearbuy and Little Internet merge, Paytm gets majority stake". The Economic Times. Retrieved 2019-07-12.
- Malik, Yuvraj (2017-12-07). "Paytm acquires Nearbuy and Little, to merge both". livemint.com. Retrieved 2018-09-23.
- "MIH Group Naspers Arm Buys Majority Stake In Auto Portal Firm Gaadi". Techcircle. 2011-02-21. Retrieved 2018-09-23.
- "CarDekho acquires Naspers-controlled automobile site Gaadi.com". VCCircle. 2014-09-30. Retrieved 2018-09-23.
- "Past Winners - APEA India". Enterpriseasia.org. Archived from the original on 2010-01-30. Retrieved 2015-05-15.
- "Hottest Young executive: Groupon Ankur Warikoo on his breakthrough moment - Business Today". Intoday.in. Retrieved 2015-05-15.
- "30 Entrepreneurs of the Year 2017". thesiliconreview.com. Retrieved 2018-04-03.